Author Garden Gate: Previous Topic Bee's in the house Next Topic  

beccaroo
True Blue Farmgirl

68 Posts

Rebecca
Grand Prairie Texas
USA
68 Posts

Posted - Feb 27 2009 :  12:59:32 PM  Show Profile  Send beccaroo a Yahoo! Message
I live in a rent home, and the landlords recently placed a dumpster in our yard. Now, every time I open my door for a few mins, bees come into my house. It wouldn't be so bad, but I have a 2 yr old, and I am afraid something might happen to him. Does anyone know a way that I might be able to keep them out of my house?

beccaroo

Mistypearl
Farmgirl in Training

33 Posts

Misty
Sumter SC
33 Posts

Posted - Feb 27 2009 :  5:31:45 PM  Show Profile
Personaly, I don't know a way to keep them out, but, can you talk to your landlord, and ask him to move the dumpster? I would think there would have to be regulations regarding this type of thing. Maybe you could call your local housing authority and find out? Good luck!

Smile-oh yea, you will still get wrinkles, but at least they will be wrinkles worth seeing!
Go to Top of Page

Contrary Wife
True Blue Farmgirl

2164 Posts

Teresa Sue
Tekoa WA
USA
2164 Posts

Posted - Feb 28 2009 :  4:19:02 PM  Show Profile  Send Contrary Wife a Yahoo! Message
Are you sure they are bees? Or are they wasps? I know in my area pest control people are not allowed to spray bees.

Teresa Sue
Farmgirl Sister #316
Planting Zone 3

"Learn the rules so you know how to break them properly." The Dalai Lama
Go to Top of Page

beccaroo
True Blue Farmgirl

68 Posts

Rebecca
Grand Prairie Texas
USA
68 Posts

Posted - Feb 28 2009 :  8:13:27 PM  Show Profile  Send beccaroo a Yahoo! Message
Yep...they are bees. The wasps only come in ever great once in a while. The wasps decided to build their nest inside my storage room outside the house door, so we try not to mess with them...they get mad at us. But I can't figure out why the bees like my house so much.

beccaroo
Go to Top of Page

jpbluesky
True Blue Farmgirl

6066 Posts

Jeannie
Florida
USA
6066 Posts

Posted - Mar 01 2009 :  05:21:23 AM  Show Profile
One time long ago, I was always pestered by bees. Even sitting in my car with the window down, a bee would fly in around me. I finally realized it was my honeysuckle body lotion. Do you have anytrhing in your house, out on the table, that would attract them? An open jar of honey? Lots of flowers right outside your door?

Farmgirl Sister # 31

www.blueskyjeannie.blogspot.com

Psalm 51: 10-13
Go to Top of Page

beccaroo
True Blue Farmgirl

68 Posts

Rebecca
Grand Prairie Texas
USA
68 Posts

Posted - Mar 01 2009 :  11:49:31 AM  Show Profile  Send beccaroo a Yahoo! Message
I have a couple jars of honey that sit on my counter. I think I will try putting them up, and see if that might help. But I'm really thing that it has something to do with the trash. I'm not sure yet. But thanks for the good idea of the honey.

beccaroo
Go to Top of Page

jpbluesky
True Blue Farmgirl

6066 Posts

Jeannie
Florida
USA
6066 Posts

Posted - Mar 01 2009 :  4:12:13 PM  Show Profile
I hope it helps!

Farmgirl Sister # 31