kristin sherrill
True Blue Farmgirl

11303 Posts

kristin
chickamauga ga
USA
11303 Posts

Posted - Feb 27 2009 :  09:44:12 AM  Show Profile
Wow! What a movie. My hubby and I just watched it and both of us had a box of kleenex beside us. I have got to get the book now. Our DD got the movie for her and her hubby. And they have the book, too. It's a very powerfull movie. If anyone is having marrital problems in any way, ya'll need to see this movie. It's so good and has a wonderful message.

Kris

Turn your face to the sun and the shadows fall behind you. Maori proverb

Sitnalta
True Blue Farmgirl

4208 Posts

Jessica
NJ
USA
4208 Posts

Posted - Feb 27 2009 :  11:48:37 AM  Show Profile
That is so fuuny you wrote about this.CR and I just got done watching that last evening.:)
hugs

Jessie
Farmgirl Sister #235

"Certain thoughts are prayers.There are moments when, whatever be the attitude of the body, the soul is on its knees"--V.Hugo

Stop by my blog for a visit www.messiejessie2.blogspot.com
Go to Top of Page

Calicogirl
True Blue Farmgirl

5216 Posts

Sharon
Bruce Crossing Michigan
USA
5216 Posts

Posted - Feb 27 2009 :  5:11:52 PM  Show Profile
I love this movie! It was wonderful and not only for healing of marriages but for all relationships :)My husband and I picked up the Love Dare book and plan on doing it together.

We always say that the biggest room in our house is room for improvement :)

~Sharon

By His Grace, For His Glory
Go to Top of Page

kmbrown
True Blue Farmgirl

459 Posts

Misty
Waynesboro Pennsylvania
USA
459 Posts

Posted - Feb 28 2009 :  05:08:24 AM  Show Profile
We loved this movie too. Our church showed it at the valentines day sweetheart banquet and then they gave each couple a copy of the book. I can't wait to start it!!!!
Go to Top of Page

simplyflowers
True Blue Farmgirl

489 Posts

Jamie
Locust Grove Virginia
USA
489 Posts

Posted - Feb 28 2009 :  1:34:37 PM  Show Profile
I've heard of this movie. DH and I will have to see it! Thanks for this topic.

"Opportunity is missed by most people because it is dressed in overalls and looks like work." -- Thomas Edison

Check out my blog!! http://bestcoupleintown.blogspot.com/
Go to Top of Page

levisgrammy
True Blue Farmgirl

9321 Posts

Denise
Beavercreek Ohio
USA
9321 Posts

Posted - Feb 28 2009 :  4:25:31 PM  Show Profile
Excellent movie! Very good message and very well presented the true message.

Denise
www.torisgram.etsy.com
Go to Top of Page

emsmommy5
True Blue Farmgirl

1547 Posts

Angie
Buckley WA
USA
1547 Posts

Posted - Mar 01 2009 :  09:58:02 AM  Show Profile
Made a huge impact in our family recently too.

Farmgirl #208

What are you doing with your dash?
Go to Top of Page

babysmama
True Blue Farmgirl

931 Posts

Elizabeth
Iowa
931 Posts

Posted - Mar 01 2009 :  4:24:46 PM  Show Profile
We just watched this a couple weeks ago! What a nice change of pace from all the other movies out there...this is great for any married couple!
-Elizabeth
Go to Top of Page

kristin sherrill
True Blue Farmgirl

11303 Posts

kristin
chickamauga ga
USA
11303 Posts

Posted - Mar 01 2009 :  4:45:59 PM  Show Profile
My hubby and I have been married 30 years. After this long we tend to take each other for granted. So it's given us some great ideas to do for each other. Just putting fresh flowers on the table makes him happy. Woulda thought?

Kris

Go to Top of Page

Old Spirit
True Blue Farmgirl

1498 Posts

Rae
MN
1498 Posts

Posted - Mar 06 2009 :  11:58:20 AM  Show Profile
I think the movie is great for any couple as it reminds us of what NOT to do and what is important. My husband and I enjoyed it and have passed it on to our kids to watch with their spouses. Hey maybe this would be a great shower gift????
Rae

...those who hope in the Lord will renew their strength. They will soar on wings like eagles:...
Isaiah 40:31
Go to Top of Page

MagnoliaWhisper
True Blue Farmgirl

2817 Posts

Heather
Haysville Kansas
USA
2817 Posts

Posted - Mar 09 2009 :  11:12:15 AM  Show Profile
I so want to see this! I may buy it next week!

However, I wanted to say, the Duggars (18 kids and counting) watched it a few weeks ago on the show. And also featured a Book by Dr Wheat, if you liked the movie you may want to check out Dr. Wheat's books too. I bought one after the show and really like it.

I can't wait to see Fireproof though.

http://www.heathersprairie.blogspot.com
Go to Top of Page

Carrie W
Farmgirl Legend/Chapter Guru

437 Posts

Saratoga Springs New York
USA
437 Posts

Posted - Mar 09 2009 :  11:19:01 AM  Show Profile
Also loved the movie. So glad it is getting the exposure it has been getting...such an encouraging message for those who are frustrated and disappointed with their relationships. I found it both humbling and encouraging.

Carrie

www.totallykadeshfarm.blogspot.com

Farmgirl Sisterhood #147

Tis better to weep at joy than to joy at weeping--Shakespeare, Much Ado About Nothing
Go to Top of Page

kristin sherrill
True Blue Farmgirl

11303 Posts

kristin
chickamauga ga
USA
11303 Posts

Posted - Mar 10 2009 :  9:10:54 PM  Show Profile
Heather, I saw that episode but don't remember a Dr. Wheat. What are the books called? I'd like to check them out.

Kris

Go to Top of Page

MagnoliaWhisper
True Blue Farmgirl

2817 Posts

Heather
Haysville Kansas
USA
2817 Posts

Posted - Mar 11 2009 :  6:24:16 PM  Show Profile
Sorry, Dr. Wheat's book was from another episode of theirs. What I meant is, I have done other things, because I seen it on the show! lol

Dr. Wheat's books were given to Josh as a wedding gift.

The one he was given was something like, On your wedding night. I however, bought-
Intended for Pleasure: Sex Technique and Sexual Fulfillment in Christian Marriage, Third Edition (Hardcover)

It was really really good.

I've been married almost ten years, but I learned a lot from it. It's going to be my new wedding gift!

Go to Top of Page

knittingmom
True Blue Farmgirl

665 Posts

AnneMarie
Edmonton Alberta
Canada
665 Posts

Posted - Mar 13 2009 :  6:12:02 PM  Show Profile
Hmm thanks for the review. Saw it at the local video store, will have to rent it. I saw Kirk Cameron on Dr. Phil when the movie was about to be released.

"There is no foot so small that it cannot leave an imprint on this world"
Go to Top of Page

Mother Hen
True Blue Farmgirl

604 Posts

Cindy
Peck ID
USA
604 Posts

Posted - Mar 13 2009 :  11:28:11 PM  Show Profile
My DH surprised me and bought the movie. I hadn't even said anything to him about it (at least that I remember). We watched it and loved it!
It's so refreshing to find such a good movie out that is very popular and that is based on the Bible and God's love for us.

God Bless the people who made the film and all those who have promoted it!!
Cindy

I will bless the Lord at all times: his praise shall continually be in my mouth. Psalms 34:1
Go to Top of Page

kristin sherrill
True Blue Farmgirl

11303 Posts

kristin
chickamauga ga
USA
11303 Posts

Posted - Mar 14 2009 :  10:12:13 AM  Show Profile
Has anyone seen all the extra parts on the DVD? It shows all the volunteers that were in the movie. All local people. How they prayed over every scene they did. How there were so many miracles all through the entire making of this movie. But for all the actors to be local and not paid is a miracle in itself.

I hope everyone gets to see it.

Kris

Go to Top of Page

Canadian farmgirl
True Blue Farmgirl

482 Posts

Lori
Ontario
Canada
482 Posts

Posted - Mar 29 2009 :  11:58:17 AM  Show Profile
I got to see this movie last night, with my husband and daughter. What a great movie! I wish there were more like this. I also had seen the Duggars reviewing it on their show, and I got my library to buy it for their collection!

My husband did ask me about 3/4 through the movie, "is this some kind of seminar?" !!! What a guy! I guess it's been a long time since he watched such a clean & wholesome movie with a message!

We've been married 21 years, and I did pick up a few pointers from it. (Let's hope he did, too!)

Lori

Farmgirl Sister #183
Go to Top of Page

mommatracy
True Blue Farmgirl

490 Posts

Tracy
My. Olive NC
USA
490 Posts

Posted - Mar 29 2009 :  1:03:27 PM  Show Profile
Our family watched it together here last month. We were all touched and so thankful that a decent movie was made that could bring a family together. Kirk Cameron was on a Christian radio station talking about the making of the movie and how much prayer went up to help get the filming done. The scene where the car is stuck on the RR tracks is an example. Kirk said that it was very difficult moving the car on and off the track. They prayed about it. A local gentleman was watching them struggle with this and walked over and said " a fork lift would be much easier to move the car".Director says" we're on a tight budget you know anyone? Gentleman says yeah I have one right over there in my back yard. I'll move it back & forth for you. No charge. Prayer answered! Tracy

www.cottagebythebay.blogspot.com
Go to Top of Page

Ga Girl
True Blue Farmgirl

2355 Posts

Karen
Meansville Ga.
USA
2355 Posts

Posted - Mar 30 2009 :  06:22:48 AM  Show Profile
Great movie!

Create in me a pure heart,O God and renew a steadfast spirit within me. Psalms 51:10 http://farmgirlingastyle.blogspot.com/
www.KKJD1.etsy.com
Go to Top of Page

NikkiBeaumont
True Blue Farmgirl

473 Posts

473 Posts

Posted - Apr 01 2009 :  06:51:13 AM  Show Profile
The movie was great and I really enjoyed knowing that Kirk was kissing his real wife at the firehouse. I read somewhere that they had made a pact never to kiss anyone else, even though they are both actors and that seems to be a huge requirement these days.
Go to Top of Page

KayB
True Blue Farmgirl

540 Posts

Kay
Del City Oklahoma
USA
540 Posts

Posted - Apr 03 2009 :  12:50:44 PM  Show Profile
We loved the movie. I told my hubby we ought to get a copy of the movie and book for each of children. Unfortunately, 2 of them are divorced and the last divorced one just remarried, so I really think she needs a copy. I got the move during a big prerelease thing at Mardel's and couldn't wait for it to come in.

Life's a dance you learn as you go
Go to Top of Page

MagnoliaWhisper
True Blue Farmgirl

2817 Posts

Heather
Haysville Kansas
USA
2817 Posts

Posted - Apr 18 2009 :  1:51:57 PM  Show Profile
I also really respect the "pact" he and his wife made. It makes so much sense. Literally how many actors leave their spouses for their "love interest" in the movie they create together.

They always say it's just acting and all that jazz...but many many have left their spouses for their lead counterparts! So really how much of it is, just "acting"?

Go to Top of Page

Diane B Carter
True Blue Farmgirl

1270 Posts

Diane
Blasdell N.Y.
USA
1270 Posts

Posted - Apr 21 2009 :  08:50:44 AM  Show Profile
My hubby and I watched the movie last night. I think he enjoyed it more than me, but it was a good movie. Today I went to the book store and brought the book The Love Dare. He will get home before me so I am going to leave it on the kitchen table with a fake flower. ( he's allergic to real ones and I have two beautiful lillys that are driving him crazy ) Maybe I'll move my flowers upstairs and he will stop sniffling and it will be a nice thing for me to do. I have a good hubby and we get along great I never even thought to move the flowers and he probley didn't think of it either.
We may not be the brighest couple in the world, but we have a lot of fun together.

Hope all your days are Sunnydays.
dianebcarterhotmailcom.blogspot.com
Go to Top of Page

kristin sherrill
True Blue Farmgirl

11303 Posts

kristin
chickamauga ga
USA
11303 Posts

Posted - Apr 21 2009 :  09:01:57 AM  Show Profile
That is so sweet, Diane. That's the whole purpose of that movie, I think. To get us to put each other first and do nice thoughful things for each other. I think after so many years of being with the same person we just forget that. We get too used to each other.

Thanks for sharing that. It makes me think of all the times I could have done something for my hubby's comfort and joy. And that is a simple enough thing to do for yours that could mean the world to him. You are a wonderful wife.

Kris

Life is what you make it. Always has been. Always will be.
Go to Top of Page

Old Spirit
True Blue Farmgirl

1498 Posts

Rae
MN
1498 Posts

Posted - Apr 21 2009 :  5:47:17 PM  Show Profile
Yeah I think a person forgets the little things that can mean so much and to even think beyond ourselves on a daily basis, get too busy with the other stuff. Thanks for the reminder!!!
Rae

...those who hope in the Lord will renew their strength. They will soar on wings like eagles:...
Isaiah 40:31
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 2 Family Matters: Previous Topic Fireproof Next Topic  
Next Page
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page