Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 General Chat Forum
 Here's to Your Health
 weight loss buddies needed
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Previous Page | Next Page
Author Here's to Your Health: Previous Topic weight loss buddies needed Next Topic
Page: of 3

corporatefarmgirl
True Blue Farmgirl

389 Posts

Tamara
Pikeville TN
USA
389 Posts

Posted - Mar 01 2009 :  6:19:40 PM  Show Profile
I think our chant needs to be "Slow and Steady wins the race!"

live well,
Tamara
www.thegoodearthfarm.com
"We do not inherit the earth from our ancestors, we borrow it from our children"
Go to Top of Page

mellaisbella
True Blue Farmgirl

1862 Posts

melanie
living on Anne of Green Gables land
Canada
1862 Posts

Posted - Mar 02 2009 :  04:07:19 AM  Show Profile
Well Belle
Eating a few candy is better than 3 plates of food at the buffet!. Hubby and i went out for brunch yesterday. I had three plates ! Yikes and the sad part is...I didn't even enjoy it. It was mostly cold/stale food.
Today is a new day:)

"we must be the change we wish to see in the world"
farmgal #150
Go to Top of Page

Alee
True Blue Farmgirl

22941 Posts

Alee
Worland Wy
USA
22941 Posts

Posted - Mar 02 2009 :  04:48:52 AM  Show Profile  Send Alee a Yahoo! Message
Anyone have a WII Fit?

Alee
Farmgirl Sister #8
www.awarmheart.com
Please come visit Nora and me on our blog: www.farmgirlalee.blogspot.com
Put your pin on the farmgirl map! www.farmgirlmap.blogspot.com
Go to Top of Page

Bellepepper
True Blue Farmgirl

1207 Posts

Belle
Coffeyville KS
USA
1207 Posts

Posted - Mar 02 2009 :  07:34:38 AM  Show Profile
Alee, what is a WII Fit?

OK, I told you that I would tell you what I ate after supper last night. While I was looking for that snack, I was thinking that I should not do this because then I would have to tell you guys. Decided to go ahead and eat what ever I would have anyway to give you an idea of my problem. So, I had supper and was finished by 6:15. At 7:45 I was looking for something. I had a handful of Cheez-its and a glass of wine. Then at 8:45 I had 2 little candy bars. You know the little ones that you give away at halloween. I keep them on hand because of Ole Ron's diabeties. When his sugar drops he eats a little candy bar. Only thing is, I have to keep replenishing his supply because I eat them after he goes to bed. I got on the scales this a.m. and at least have not gained any for a while.

Some of the diet folks say nothing to eat after supper. Others will suggest a sm bedtime snack. The only thing I can think of that sounds good would be yogurt. The less than 100 calorie kind. Any suggestions?
Go to Top of Page

corporatefarmgirl
True Blue Farmgirl

389 Posts

Tamara
Pikeville TN
USA
389 Posts

Posted - Mar 02 2009 :  08:29:35 AM  Show Profile
Yogurt is good, so is pudding, a slice of whole grain bread, even a small serving of whole grain ceral with non fat milk. Fiber creats bulk and makes you feel fuller. I too need to snack in the evenings so I try to eat a little less dinner because I know the extra caliories are looming

live well,
Tamara
www.thegoodearthfarm.com
"We do not inherit the earth from our ancestors, we borrow it from our children"
Go to Top of Page

Bellepepper
True Blue Farmgirl

1207 Posts

Belle
Coffeyville KS
USA
1207 Posts

Posted - Mar 02 2009 :  08:42:07 AM  Show Profile
Thanks Tamara. I do eat whole grain bread for my late night snack. WITH PEANUTBUTTER. Had not thought of cereal. That would work for me IF I can leave off the 1/2 and 1/2. I have at times saved some of my dinner, usually the salad, to eat later. Thanks for the suggestions.
Go to Top of Page

mellaisbella
True Blue Farmgirl

1862 Posts

melanie
Canada
1862 Posts

Posted - Mar 02 2009 :  10:27:45 AM  Show Profile
Belle...do you like popcorn? if you air pop it...spray it with butter flavoured pam and then sprinkle it with a seasoning of some kind....filling and low fat!

farmgal #150
Go to Top of Page

MustangSuzie
True Blue Farmgirl

634 Posts

Sarah
New London Missouri
USA
634 Posts

Posted - Mar 02 2009 :  12:55:14 PM  Show Profile  Send MustangSuzie a Yahoo! Message
Belle...is there a particular candy bar that Ron likes that you don't? I have to play that trick on myself. If I buy treats for my kids I have to buy something I don't like to stay out of it, my biggest weakness is cookies and i like to bake.

Blessings....
Sarah

www.mustangsuzie.blogspot.com
Go to Top of Page

Bellepepper
True Blue Farmgirl

1207 Posts

Belle
Coffeyville KS
USA
1207 Posts

Posted - Mar 02 2009 :  3:35:24 PM  Show Profile
Sarah, I can't even say candy bar and don't like in the same sentence. Maybe gummey bears. I love cookies too. Don't bake them very often. Ron shouldn't eat them and does anyway and I just eat them. Woe is me!

Melanie, will look for an air popcorn popper. I think I used to have one and the popcorn was so blah that I didn't use it.

It is almost suppertime, we'll see what happens tonight.
Go to Top of Page

Suzan
True Blue Farmgirl

659 Posts

suzanne
duncannon pa
USA
659 Posts

Posted - Mar 03 2009 :  06:46:32 AM  Show Profile
I'm here with you all - I want to lose 20# before DD's wedding in July. Otherwise I'm pretty lacksadaisical about this 20...
Go to Top of Page

mellaisbella
True Blue Farmgirl

1862 Posts

melanie
Canada
1862 Posts

Posted - Mar 03 2009 :  07:16:23 AM  Show Profile
you can do it Suzan!!

farmgal #150
Go to Top of Page

MissDana
True Blue Farmgirl

348 Posts

Dana
Carrollton Georgia
USA
348 Posts

Posted - Mar 03 2009 :  3:45:47 PM  Show Profile
Ok, you brave women - I have made the decision to join you all! I am sporting "baby weight" from my 14 year olds birth! Can't really gain 70 pounds, have a 6 pound baby and expect the afterbirth to weigh 64 pounds! LOL! So after 14 years I have 40 left to lose. My hold up is exercise. YULK!! But I love the idea of 10 - 10 pushups, 10 crunches, etc. I can do that! And I can walk.... just need to get my fanny out of the house! It is stupid that I am a SAHM and can't find the time to just walk around my beautiful neighborhood? Lazy much??? Help me!!!

Your humble pudgy farmgirl sister,
Dana

Proud Farmgirl Sister # 267
www.schultztroupe.wordpress.com
Go to Top of Page

Alee
True Blue Farmgirl

22941 Posts

Alee
Worland Wy
USA
22941 Posts

Posted - Mar 03 2009 :  8:59:53 PM  Show Profile  Send Alee a Yahoo! Message
Tonight Doug and I dry pan cooked some trimmed chicken breasts. We then diced those and added them to a salad with fresh:
Broccoli
Red Leafy Lettuce
Green Onion
and
Cherry Tomatoes.

I also signed up to lose 18 lbs in the before May 1st at http://www.pfpchallenge.com/

Maybe we should all sign up and help feed some hungry people while we lose weight!

Alee
Farmgirl Sister #8
www.awarmheart.com
Please come visit Nora and me on our blog: www.farmgirlalee.blogspot.com
Put your pin on the farmgirl map! www.farmgirlmap.blogspot.com
Go to Top of Page

lacisne88
True Blue Farmgirl

1181 Posts

Chelsey
Lake Stevens Washington
USA
1181 Posts

Posted - Mar 05 2009 :  12:27:45 AM  Show Profile
I have been eating oatmeal for breakfast and packing fruit for lunch. It seems to be going well so far. :)

Chelsey
Farmgirl Sister #283

http://farmgirlpleasures.blogspot.com/

http://aminiatureworld.blogspot.com/
Go to Top of Page

mellaisbella
True Blue Farmgirl

1862 Posts

melanie
Canada
1862 Posts

Posted - Mar 05 2009 :  02:32:34 AM  Show Profile
last night I made a HUGE greek salad...my fav. I also made mussels, hubby's fav. I ate 3 bowls of salad and could have ate more:)

farmgal #150
Go to Top of Page

MissDana
True Blue Farmgirl

348 Posts

Dana
Carrollton Georgia
USA
348 Posts

Posted - Mar 05 2009 :  06:20:33 AM  Show Profile
Yesterday I went for a walk. I forgot how much I enjoy walking and listening to the birds! So I'll do it again today. I had oatmeal and yogurt for breakfast, tuna sandwich on whole wheat homemade bread and a fruit cup, fat free tomato basil soup and homemade bread. That is more food than I usually have, but I was not hungry between meals. I also drink multiple pots of tea during the day. LOVE tea!! Feel good this morning! I am not going to weigh myself everyday as I once did. So, I'm off to tackle the day!

Go to Top of Page

MustangSuzie
True Blue Farmgirl

634 Posts

Sarah
New London Missouri
USA
634 Posts

Posted - Mar 05 2009 :  07:43:29 AM  Show Profile  Send MustangSuzie a Yahoo! Message
I went for a walk yesterday since it was so nice outside. Now I see how much of a slacker I've been lol. My legs are sore today and I was so tired last night that I was in bed by 8pm. lol I'm going to go walk in the park this afternoon after I drop the lil man off at school. I love love love days like today!!

Blessings....
Sarah

www.mustangsuzie.blogspot.com
Go to Top of Page

mellaisbella
True Blue Farmgirl

1862 Posts

melanie
Canada
1862 Posts

Posted - Mar 06 2009 :  04:18:31 AM  Show Profile
Sarah....ME TOO!! Hubby and I went over to a farm equipment show. He was at a both all day so Oliver and I walked around the arena for hours. Not at a very fast pace, but today...legs are a wee bit sore:(

farmgal #150
Go to Top of Page

Bellepepper
True Blue Farmgirl

1207 Posts

Belle
Coffeyville KS
USA
1207 Posts

Posted - Mar 07 2009 :  07:33:15 AM  Show Profile
I just looked back at my first post. It was on Mar 1. I just weighed myself and I have gained another 1 1/2 lb. I guess thinking and talking about it isn't going to make the weight come off. I worked outside most of the day yesterday. Thought surley I had worked off a pound or 2. NOT. Time to get serious.
Go to Top of Page

kristin sherrill
True Blue Farmgirl

11303 Posts

kristin
chickamauga ga
USA
11303 Posts

Posted - Mar 07 2009 :  5:20:10 PM  Show Profile
Ok, I think I am in need of a bunch of weight loss. I would love to lose 50-60 lbs. The doctor did say my cholesterol was 300. She said I would have to start taking medicine for it. I said no, I will not. Can ya'll tell I don't like doctors? It seems that's all they want to do is hand out prescriptions. I asked what I could do to lower it myself. I already know, but she said the E word, exercise. And eat almonds, take fish oil, eat less animal and dairy and more veggies. I had already given up sweets for lent. That's a big sacrifice for me, believe me. I had to have sweets every day. Although I have not had ice cream for a long time since I read what all is in it.

And I know I will feel better, too. I heard on the news that a woman should only be 35 inches aroung the belly or less to prevent a heart attack and men should be 40 or less. I have lots of padding there.

So I am on board here, too. Ya'll have lots of good ideas I'll try. And once gardening gets underway here, I should be good to go. Ya'll are all doing good.

Kris

Turn your face to the sun and the shadows fall behind you. Maori proverb
Go to Top of Page

mellaisbella
True Blue Farmgirl

1862 Posts

melanie
Canada
1862 Posts

Posted - Mar 08 2009 :  2:17:17 PM  Show Profile
Kristin...it is so hard. Food is so socially acceptable...I quit smoking years ago and I think that was easier. Smoking seems to be taboo now, but eating is everywhere.

farmgal #150
Go to Top of Page

mellaisbella
True Blue Farmgirl

1862 Posts

melanie
Canada
1862 Posts

Posted - Mar 12 2009 :  01:57:23 AM  Show Profile
How is everyone's week going?
I joined Weight Watchers last week and LOVE IT!!! I find the points system very easy to follow and I lost 3 lbs last week!! I am soooooo excited:)

farmgal #150
Go to Top of Page

kristin sherrill
True Blue Farmgirl

11303 Posts

kristin
chickamauga ga
USA
11303 Posts

Posted - Mar 12 2009 :  5:26:34 PM  Show Profile
Hey Melanie. Since I haven't been eating sweets for about 2 weeks now, I feel like I've lost some weight. I need to go weigh at the doc's office. But my pants are loose!

I did WW several years ago and lost lots of weight. Then gained it all back plus some. It did work but I fell off the wagon.

I think when Lent is over I will limit my sweets to Sundays. I really am not missing it too much.

Kris

Turn your face to the sun and the shadows fall behind you. Maori proverb
Go to Top of Page

MissDana
True Blue Farmgirl

348 Posts

Dana
Carrollton Georgia
USA
348 Posts

Posted - Mar 12 2009 :  5:44:49 PM  Show Profile
I joined a group of friends who are keeping tabs on each other via Facebook called The Fit Club (ie, The Fight Club since we are fighting this weight!). We are kicking the proverbial butts of each other! I am eating fine, it's the MOVING I hate!!

Go to Top of Page

mellaisbella
True Blue Farmgirl

1862 Posts

melanie
Canada
1862 Posts

Posted - Mar 13 2009 :  10:48:20 AM  Show Profile
me....I don't mind that moving...it is the food that just jumps into my mouth that is hard to stop LOL!!

farmgal #150
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 3 Here's to Your Health: Previous Topic weight loss buddies needed Next Topic  
Previous Page | Next Page
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page