Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password        REGISTER
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 Fabulous Farm Collectibles
 *Farmgirl Barter™
 Anyone interested in craft box swaparound?
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Previous Page | Next Page
Author *Farmgirl Barter™: Previous Topic Anyone interested in craft box swaparound? Next Topic
Page: of 11

GailMN
True Blue Farmgirl

471 Posts

Gail
Hutchinson Minnesota
USA
471 Posts

Posted - Mar 05 2009 :  05:26:45 AM  Show Profile  Send GailMN a Yahoo! Message
Good Morning - Ruth would you please tell me what ATC is? Thanks.

Gail

Farmgirl Sister #506
A Smile a Day . . .
Go to Top of Page

homemom
True Blue Farmgirl

1593 Posts

Ruth
Warwick RI
USA
1593 Posts

Posted - Mar 05 2009 :  05:39:08 AM  Show Profile
Gail~an ATC is an Artist Trading Card~if you google it you will find many awesome ones. I just like to try my hand at them and see what I come up with.
Ruth

Living the farm life in my heart.
http://www.homeschoolblogger.com/Ruth
http://farmgirlinmyheart.blogspot.com
Go to Top of Page

janiee
True Blue Farmgirl

820 Posts

Janie
Shawnee Oklahoma
USA
820 Posts

Posted - Mar 05 2009 :  05:41:26 AM  Show Profile
Good Morning! I cross stitch, make jewelry, crochet, quilt mainly but am interested in tatting and knitting. I love interesting buttons and sparkly things.
janiee
farmgirl #390
Go to Top of Page

glendagoldenbp
True Blue Farmgirl

196 Posts

glenda
cleburne tx
USA
196 Posts

Posted - Mar 05 2009 :  05:43:54 AM  Show Profile
Sounds like you guys have all the bases covered. I could use any/all those things.

Sunrises are wonderous things, nobody should ever miss one.
Go to Top of Page

FiddleChick
True Blue Farmgirl

78 Posts

78 Posts

Posted - Mar 05 2009 :  05:43:55 AM  Show Profile
I do a little bit of everything too...quilt, knit, embroider, make bobbin lace, mixed media, embellish stuff, rug hook, sew just about anything, paint (watercolor), graphite drawing, this and that. :^)

Siúil A Rúin: "Singing for someone's supper . . ." www.tradlassie.blogspot.com
Go to Top of Page

FiddleChick
True Blue Farmgirl

78 Posts

78 Posts

Posted - Mar 05 2009 :  05:45:19 AM  Show Profile
Duh!! I can't believe I forgot SPINNING! My new favorite thing to do!! LOL!!

Siúil A Rúin: "Singing for someone's supper . . ." www.tradlassie.blogspot.com
Go to Top of Page

glendagoldenbp
True Blue Farmgirl

196 Posts

glenda
cleburne tx
USA
196 Posts

Posted - Mar 05 2009 :  05:49:00 AM  Show Profile
FiddleChick - love your signature line. I melt at the thought of anything celtic. Going to your blog...

Sunrises are wonderous things, nobody should ever miss one.
Go to Top of Page

GailMN
True Blue Farmgirl

471 Posts

Gail
Hutchinson Minnesota
USA
471 Posts

Posted - Mar 05 2009 :  06:21:28 AM  Show Profile  Send GailMN a Yahoo! Message
Me again. Thank you Ruth for defining ATC for me. I did google and only looked at a few of the sites I found. So, do you create cards, or do you just collect? I'm intrigued and would like to know more about ATC. Gosh just when you think you know everything (LOL), you find out how clueless you really are.

Thanks Ruth and anyone else that would like to enlighten me!

Gail

Farmgirl Sister #506
A Smile a Day . . .
Go to Top of Page

crafter
True Blue Farmgirl

2313 Posts

lori
Fort Atkinson Wisconsin
USA
2313 Posts

Posted - Mar 05 2009 :  07:39:36 AM  Show Profile
I love to quilt, sew aprons, rubber stamp, scrapbook, locker hooking, needle punch, cross stitch-I love buttons! So many supplies so little time!
Lori

Have a Country Day
Go to Top of Page

LynnMarie
True Blue Farmgirl

612 Posts

Lynn
Staunton IL
USA
612 Posts

Posted - Mar 05 2009 :  08:03:01 AM  Show Profile  Send LynnMarie a Yahoo! Message
Ok, I think I've got everything organized. Here is the final list-

1. Jana
2. Lori
3. Gail
4. Bert
5. Star
6. Michele
7. Beth
8. Barbara
9. Celeste
10. Ruth
11. Tammy C
12. Tammy P
13. Kris
14. Janie
15. Glenda
16. Monica
17. Rhonda
18. Sharilyn
19. Judith
20. LauraMarie
21. Karen
22. Tami
23. LynnMarie

If you signed up and don't see your name, email me ASAP; I am mailing the box tomorrow.
If you didn't email me your address (or you want to do this again), send me your info for round 2 of the Craft Swaparound. I'll probably have more stuff ready by the beginning of next month.

Thanks everyone,
LynnMarie

Bringing the Past Back to Life
www.freewebs.com/decampsettlement

"You may never know what results come from your action. But, if you do nothing, there will be no results" -Gandhi

Edited by - LynnMarie on Mar 05 2009 08:04:30 AM
Go to Top of Page

vintagediva1
True Blue Farmgirl

1251 Posts

Michele
Brighton Michigan
USA
1251 Posts

Posted - Mar 05 2009 :  08:06:57 AM  Show Profile
Good morning ladies,
I sew, quilt, love to do wool penny rugs, knit (a lot).
Can't wait for this to start and would love to be in on the second round as well.
Michele

www.2vintagedivas.etsy.com

Love that good ole vintage junk
Go to Top of Page

tamer08
True Blue Farmgirl

93 Posts

Tami
Spearfish SD
USA
93 Posts

Posted - Mar 05 2009 :  08:51:50 AM  Show Profile
I guess I am slow....am I understanding that we will receive the box from the name above our name and send to the name below our name? HELP me understand. I have never done one of these. Thanks for your patience.
Go to Top of Page

oldfashioned girl
True Blue Farmgirl

2391 Posts

monica
oatman az
USA
2391 Posts

Posted - Mar 05 2009 :  08:58:41 AM  Show Profile
Lynn, Just as a thought I was wondering if we could try sending stuff in a padded envelope! If the weight is under 14 ounces it will go first class mail and should not cost more than 3.50 and take about 4 days or less! There would be more room to put stuff in. I weighed a 10.5 by 15 padded envelope with 10 pieces of card stock and 7 more things including rick-rack, a roll of ribbon and some lace and it weighed 10 ounces so it would be possible to put a variety of things in and stay under 14 ounces! One thing to watch out for is extra packaging on items because it can add up quickly!

Would it be possible if there is someone down the list from us and we have something specific from their list to put their name on it?

As far as what I like, my favorite thing is fiber to spin, but I also love very small crochet hooks and I would love to learn to make bobbin lace!

Monica
farmgirls rule!

www.justducky48.etsy.com
www.justducky48.blogspot.com
Go to Top of Page

oldfashioned girl
True Blue Farmgirl

2391 Posts

monica
oatman az
USA
2391 Posts

Posted - Mar 05 2009 :  09:00:19 AM  Show Profile
Tami, I think that is what we are doing and don't feel bad for asking. I think this is new to all of us too!

Monica
farmgirls rule!

www.justducky48.etsy.com
Go to Top of Page

kpaints
True Blue Farmgirl

1564 Posts

karen
cheney wa
1564 Posts

Posted - Mar 05 2009 :  09:17:33 AM  Show Profile  Send kpaints an AOL message
I have never done this, if we use a method that needs to be weighted each time most of us would need to take it to the PO each time and for some of us that live out of town... And if things in the box were tagged for others down the line wouldn't that be unfair for others when it came to them? I mean, I guess this is a small package and I really don't know how much would be in it. Maybe it would only go to a few people and that would be ok. Many here are into knitting and crochet and I can't see any of us being able to put some yarn in this. Sorry I sound so confused, I think it is one of those days. I don't mean to be such a dumby but old age seems to do that to me periodically. :(

Find your joy and live it. http://cheneybaglady.blogspot.com/http://www.kpaints.etsy.com FG #377
Go to Top of Page

oldfashioned girl
True Blue Farmgirl

2391 Posts

monica
oatman az
USA
2391 Posts

Posted - Mar 05 2009 :  09:34:06 AM  Show Profile
Karen, You don't sound confused at all! Maybe tagging stuff would not be such a good idea! I would not want anyone to be offended! My thought about sending stuff in an envelope would be that it would have more room that a small priority box and cost less!

Monica
farmgirls rule!

www.justducky48.etsy.com
Go to Top of Page

tamer08
True Blue Farmgirl

93 Posts

Tami
Spearfish SD
USA
93 Posts

Posted - Mar 05 2009 :  09:56:51 AM  Show Profile
Glad to hear that I am not the only one confused...another question, will this be something that will just keep going and keep going. My mothers family did something similar to this only with photos and family items and it went on for 8 years traveling along and adding to the notebook news about their lives. Or will it get back to the beginning and new people can sign up. I can't wait to see what is in the box when I get it.
Go to Top of Page

kpaints
True Blue Farmgirl

1564 Posts

karen
cheney wa
1564 Posts

Posted - Mar 05 2009 :  10:32:53 AM  Show Profile  Send kpaints an AOL message
I think this will be a ton of fun and certainly don't want to offend anyone. I could see a bunch of tagged stuff and maybe nothing for someone to chose, sorry. The envelope would hold more and seems like it would work out better.
Tami, that box that traveled sounds like a wonderful idea!
Find your joy and live it. http://cheneybaglady.blogspot.com/http://www.kpaints.etsy.com FG #377

Edited by - kpaints on Mar 05 2009 10:34:12 AM
Go to Top of Page

GailMN
True Blue Farmgirl

471 Posts

Gail
Hutchinson Minnesota
USA
471 Posts

Posted - Mar 05 2009 :  10:39:52 AM  Show Profile  Send GailMN a Yahoo! Message
Just my thoughts - I like the idea of a padded envelope, but I have to agree I don't think tagged items would be fair. With all the great farm sisters involved, there has got to be something for everyone. That is my 2 cents worth, but know, I will be delighted with anything and anxious to learn something about everyone involved.
Gail

Farmgirl Sister #506
A Smile a Day . . .
Go to Top of Page

Laura Marie
True Blue Farmgirl

419 Posts

Laura
Rancho Cordova California
USA
419 Posts

Posted - Mar 05 2009 :  10:56:09 AM  Show Profile
I'm not sure if this has been talked about or not, but maybe we should add a small journal, or a piece of paper in it so that we all sing it and know where it has been! We don't have to leave a long message, just so that the girls after know who and where it has been. Plus if gets to go around again we can know how many different people it has been to before we got it again! Maybe more like a log!
Has there been an official start date yet?

Laura Marie #369
www.lauramariedesign.com

"It's not the size of the farm but the size of your heart!"
Go to Top of Page

kpaints
True Blue Farmgirl

1564 Posts

karen
cheney wa
1564 Posts

Posted - Mar 05 2009 :  11:03:11 AM  Show Profile  Send kpaints an AOL message
A log sounds wonderful!

Go to Top of Page

LynnMarie
True Blue Farmgirl

612 Posts

Lynn
Staunton IL
USA
612 Posts

Posted - Mar 05 2009 :  11:46:16 AM  Show Profile  Send LynnMarie a Yahoo! Message
Oh my! I didn't mean to confuse everyone or make this harder than it should be.

Here is what I was thinking-

I will include a list of names and address so that each farmgal can send the box on to the next one on the list. My name is at the end so the box will come back to me as the final stop. Please try to send it off within 5 days.

I thought a box would hold up better/longer than a padded package since certain craft supplies bumping around in it could tear the package.

I asked for a list of hobbies mainly for my information in order to get it started with something interesting for the first couple of people. If I would have asked for info from the starting name, then you all would have know who was getting it first. : ) Of course it would be nice if everyone would make sure something interesting is in the box for the next gal. I can send the list along with the box.

Any other suggestions are welcome.

LynnMarie

"You may never know what results come from your action. But, if you do nothing, there will be no results" -Gandhi
Go to Top of Page

LynnMarie
True Blue Farmgirl

612 Posts

Lynn
Staunton IL
USA
612 Posts

Posted - Mar 05 2009 :  11:48:10 AM  Show Profile  Send LynnMarie a Yahoo! Message
quote:
Originally posted by Laura Marie

I'm not sure if this has been talked about or not, but maybe we should add a small journal, or a piece of paper in it so that we all sing it and know where it has been!
Has there been an official start date yet?

Yes Laura Marie, a log will be in the box. I will be mailing the package tomorrow.

Go to Top of Page

StarMeadow
True Blue Farmgirl

940 Posts

T
MI
940 Posts

Posted - Mar 05 2009 :  4:27:14 PM  Show Profile
Bring it on! I've sparkles, sundries, fiber, beads, knick-knacks, what-nots, and a plethora of other "stuff" just waiting to be added to the surprise!
Go to Top of Page

LynnMarie
True Blue Farmgirl

612 Posts

Lynn
Staunton IL
USA
612 Posts

Posted - Mar 05 2009 :  4:31:14 PM  Show Profile  Send LynnMarie a Yahoo! Message
I forgot to add ... remember to put in the box the same number of things that you took out.

Not button for button but a group of something for something else. Like ... a bunch of buttons for a package of lace. I put 20 items in the box. Some are single items, some are packaged together as one item.

This box will go around once and hopefully come back to me 'cause I want to play too.

Am I making myself clear or am I confusing all of you?

And oh, I used the flat rate box to make it fair that everyone spends the same amount on postage, $4.95. If it doesn't seem to work this way, we can try a different way next time, ok? I have lots to add next time too. lol

You all will have to figure out my method of madness as to where it is going each time.

Any questions before I send it tomorrow?

LynnMarie

Go to Top of Page
Page: of 11 *Farmgirl Barter™: Previous Topic Anyone interested in craft box swaparound? Next Topic  
Previous Page | Next Page
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page