Author Across the Fence: Previous Topic Taking a media break Next Topic  

catscharm74
True Blue Farmgirl

4687 Posts

Heather
Texas
USA
4687 Posts

Posted - Feb 24 2009 :  1:23:11 PM  Show Profile  Send catscharm74 a Yahoo! Message
Well, tomorrow starts my 2 week binge from the media. I will only allow myself to watch my "Lost" but no other tv. We will still do our movie and a pizza night on Friday and Charlie can watch his videos but no cartoons off the tv. I won't even be coming to this website or any other website, shopping, browsing or otherwise, other than my email and college. No magazines or catalogs either. I can listen to my country music on the radio or cd's, but no listening to my usual morning show on the drive to Charlie's school. I feel like I am overwhelmed right now with the onslaught of information and I just need a little break to concentrate on what is important to me. I can feel myself getting nervous or starting to feel inadequate from all the media (not from this website, but you get what I mean). So I will see you gals in 2 weeks.

Heather

Yee-Haw, I am a cowgirl!!!

therusticcottage
True Blue Farmgirl

4439 Posts

Kay
Vancouver WA
USA
4439 Posts

Posted - Feb 24 2009 :  5:36:57 PM  Show Profile
Heather - that is excellent! I have stopped watching the news and reading the papers. It is so depressing and makes me a nervous wreck. Can't wait to hear how things went for you. See you in 2 weeks.

Handmade Soap and More! http://www.therusticcottagebath.com
The Rustic Cottage Blog http://therusticcottage.blogspot.com
Go to Top of Page

acairnsmom
True Blue Farmgirl

1319 Posts

audrey
cheyenne wy
1319 Posts

Posted - Feb 24 2009 :  5:50:44 PM  Show Profile
Heather, I can sympathize. Nothing but doom and gloom anymore. I catch myself getting really anxious and worried and then realize I have the TV or radio on one of the news channels. I too have cut down on my media time 'cuz I can't take it anymore. Even the commercial get to me. Tune out by all means. I'll still come here to catch up on everybody but am staying away from the rest!

Audrey

Toto, we're not in Kansas any more!
Go to Top of Page

Thistle Cove Farm
True Blue Farmgirl

141 Posts

Sandra
Tazewell VA
USA
141 Posts

Posted - Mar 11 2009 :  1:02:20 PM  Show Profile
Good for you, that stuff will make you SICK! I watch three television shows and they are all on tivo; don't listen to the radio either. Rarely, I'll listen to a book on tape -while driving somewhere- or a cd or DVD.

So, how did it go for you?

Thistle Cove Farm ~ God's blessings on you, yours and the work of your hands & heart ~
www.thistlecovefarm.com
www.thistlecovefarm.blogspot.com
Go to Top of Page

catscharm74
True Blue Farmgirl

4687 Posts

Heather
Texas
USA
4687 Posts

Posted - Mar 11 2009 :  1:06:44 PM  Show Profile  Send catscharm74 a Yahoo! Message
Yep,,,it's been going well...Except LOST is on tonight...: )

Heather

Yee-Haw, I am a cowgirl!!!
Go to Top of Page
  Across the Fence: Previous Topic Taking a media break Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page