Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 General Chat Forum
 Farmgirl Fashion
 What do you wear to work outside?
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Previous Page
Author Farmgirl Fashion: Previous Topic What do you wear to work outside? Next Topic
Page: of 2

City_Chick
True Blue Farmgirl

509 Posts

Christina
Omaha Nebraska
USA
509 Posts

Posted - May 25 2010 :  05:50:44 AM  Show Profile
A straw hat with a large brim, an apron over my t-shirt and capris and a lot of dirt under my nails.

Christina
Farmgirl Sister #195
City Chick & Friends Chapter Mama
http://thecitychicks.wordpress.com/
Go to Top of Page

redbud
True Blue Farmgirl

52 Posts

Christine
Luther Oklahoma
USA
52 Posts

Posted - May 26 2010 :  10:26:30 AM  Show Profile
Mostly jeans & sweatshirts in the winter, in the summer it's shorts and t-shirts, shoes optional!

to everything there is a season, a time to every purpose under heaven
http://christine-88stitches.blogspot.com
http://myoklahomagarden.blogspot.com
farmgirl sister# 1194
Go to Top of Page

knead2garden
True Blue Farmgirl

359 Posts

Ashley
Spring City TN
USA
359 Posts

Posted - May 26 2010 :  4:58:29 PM  Show Profile
It varies depending on my mood. Sometimes I work in the garden in a bathing suit, but that is rare. It never fails that I have to come in and change because, lets face it gals, there are something’s one can just not do in a bathing suit!!

~Ashley
Go to Top of Page

maggie14
True Blue Farmgirl

6784 Posts

Hannah
Washington
USA
6784 Posts

Posted - May 29 2010 :  2:31:19 PM  Show Profile  Send maggie14 a Yahoo! Message
Well, lets see. In the winter I wear really warm sweat pants, a heavy coat, gloves, and rubber muck boots.
But most of the time you will see me wearing a long skirt, sweat pants underneath, a sweat shirt, and rubber muck boots. Snow, rain, or sun that is what I wear. lol I will wear pants though if I need to clean nasty stalls, etc.
Hugs,
Channah

Farmgirl sister #1219

Just a small town country girl trying to live her dreams. :)
Go to Top of Page

mrsamy
True Blue Farmgirl

167 Posts

Amy
Milwaukee WI
USA
167 Posts

Posted - Jun 07 2010 :  3:04:34 PM  Show Profile
I wear jodhpurs, wide brimmed garden hat & wellies! Just kidding. I think that's soooo funny! I'm with jpbluesky on this one. I end up wearing whatever I'm wearing. I have to do what I have to when I get a couple of minutes and there's no time for changing clothes. Unless I really blow it (like yesterday) and get ambitious and build a second compost bin and potato bin in my church clothes! Glad my homemade detergent cuts the mud and the mustard!

Prayer costs nothing, but is worth the most.
Go to Top of Page

Betty J.
True Blue Farmgirl

1403 Posts

Betty
Pasco WA
USA
1403 Posts

Posted - Jun 07 2010 :  3:33:58 PM  Show Profile
I always wear jeans summer and winter, so that is a given. Now that I've been on chemo, I wear long sleeved shirts. Since I have no hair, I have to wear either a cap or broad brimmed hat. No choice, but I don't mind.

Now that I read back over the responses, I wanted to ask Cindy if she had ever read the James Herriott books starting with "All Creatures Great and Small"?

Betty in Pasco

Edited by - Betty J. on Jun 07 2010 3:36:16 PM
Go to Top of Page

Columbine
Farmgirl in Training

45 Posts

Pat
Plainwell Michigan
USA
45 Posts

Posted - Jun 16 2010 :  11:34:18 AM  Show Profile  Send Columbine a Yahoo! Message
For all you sisters that love to go barefoot (me included), I just recently purchased a pair of 5 fingered shoes. OMG..... you can walk across the rocky driveway, through the woods, in the water or anywhere you want to go. For normal activities they keep your feet bone dry cause of the moisture wicking between the toes. They are weird looking and a bit costly, but have bad arthritis in back and hip and experience very little pain while wearing these shoes. Check 'em out.
FarmGirl Sister #`465

The greatest joy in nature is the absence of man....
Go to Top of Page

shunger
True Blue Farmgirl

224 Posts

Suzanne
Helena MT
USA
224 Posts

Posted - Jun 18 2010 :  8:48:57 PM  Show Profile
For gardening I subscribe to my father's outside dress -- long pants, long sleeved shirt, silk scarf or cotton handkerchief, broad rimmed straw hat, and gardening gloves. And rubber gardening shoes -- mine are yellow with red lady bugs. And often my apron (dad didn't wear one) This way I am protected from bugs and sun. I burn in minutes, so I have to be careful. My outfit isn't very pretty, but my husband finds it cheerful and enjoys the way I look in our garden. Suzanne
Go to Top of Page

Mama Jewel
True Blue Farmgirl

435 Posts

Jewel
Sweet Peas Farmette, Bend, OR
USA
435 Posts

Posted - Jun 19 2010 :  07:58:24 AM  Show Profile
I love this thread! It's been so fun to read & made me giggle many a times. I wear jeans (but don't like how they scoop down in the back, so I'm always yanking them up) & tee shirt & hat with pink rubber clogs. In winter, I have this great corduroy jacket w/fake sheep fleece inside & wear a homemade scarf, hat & gloves and warm woolie socks inside my pink clogs.

Love...always protects, always trusts, always hopes, always perseveres. 1 Cor 13:7
Farm Girl Sister #1683 Living Simply & Naturally
http://www.piecemama.etsy.com
Go to Top of Page

Sue Feely
True Blue Farmgirl

1044 Posts

Sue
Buffalo New York
USA
1044 Posts

Posted - Jun 27 2010 :  2:08:14 PM  Show Profile
While working outside especially for gardening I have a cute garden apron (from a farmgirl swap), cute rubber garden clogs, I have a couple of different sunhats and pretty garden gloves!
Go to Top of Page

1badmamawolf
True Blue Farmgirl

2199 Posts

Teresa
"Bent Fence Farms" Ca
USA
2199 Posts

Posted - Jun 27 2010 :  3:15:33 PM  Show Profile
Depending on the time of year, holey jeans, the more holes the better, in the winter, thermals underneath, tanktops, t-shirts or thermal shirts, again depending on the weather, barefoot, flip flops, tennis shoes or boots, depending on what I'm doing and the weather. All i care about is comfort, not at all what I look like,lol.

"Treat the earth well, it was not given to you by your parents, it was loaned to you by your children"
Go to Top of Page

Sarahpauline
True Blue Farmgirl

672 Posts

sarah
Ringgold GA
USA
672 Posts

Posted - Jun 27 2010 :  7:43:47 PM  Show Profile
Anyone ever try wrap pants? I am on a wrap pants kick again, when my son was little he lived in wrap pants at the renaissance faire, and they are so easy to make, its like sweat pants but they are cute and cool. See http://www.purpleunicorn.com/wraps.html you dont need a pattern to make them, and I make most of mine out of scraps so some have two different colored legs. :)

Oh Mr Darcy!

www.SarahPauline.com
www.AbraxasBaroque.com
Go to Top of Page

KD Earthwork
True Blue Farmgirl

210 Posts

Katie
Gualala Calif.
USA
210 Posts

Posted - Jul 01 2010 :  10:37:50 PM  Show Profile
I always wear earrings. That's my Fancy...But I do try to get a few new summer shirts yearly to not look too bad. I work as a landscaper then come home and garden more. I have twisted wire roper boots I love w/ fancy green uppers suede lowers, cute socks.My basic 501's.
People around here are used to me mostly being dirty whenever they see me ( I shop on the way home, if needed) really dirty knees,shirts,face hands.But the contractor guys all wave and show me respect for being "out there" working for the money.
Rarely I dress up and people in town see me and are shocked.
Katie
Go to Top of Page

KD Earthwork
True Blue Farmgirl

210 Posts

Katie
Gualala Calif.
USA
210 Posts

Posted - Jul 01 2010 :  10:45:23 PM  Show Profile
Oh , I forgot wool! It's the best in the winter wool sweater w/ wool coat ,Pendelton or Woolrich.Wool hat.Wool socks In the rain until I have to get my rain gear on the wool is great.
Katie
Go to Top of Page

momdrinkstea
True Blue Farmgirl

180 Posts

Elizabeth
Ozark AL
USA
180 Posts

Posted - Jul 08 2010 :  9:22:33 PM  Show Profile
PRINTS! Prints hide fur, dirt & little bunny poo poo...I like florals.

WINTER - faded jeans, sometimes over the jammies! Topped with a fleece
zip-up jacket, scarf, faur-fur bomber hat, faux-fur lined gloves, and boots.
(Jammies, coat & boots if I think no one's looking - though I have terrified
the mailman with this get-up!)
SUMMER - jean cut-offs, tank or tee, and crocs, with a floppy straw hat
SPRING & FALL - flannel shirt over the tee/tank, jeans, and crocs with socks!

LOOK OUT ANNA WINTOUR, HERE I COME! LOL

-Greenhaven Gardens
"Look deep into nature, and then you will understand everything better." - Albert Einstein
Go to Top of Page

shunger
True Blue Farmgirl

224 Posts

Suzanne
Helena MT
USA
224 Posts

Posted - Jul 09 2010 :  4:59:18 PM  Show Profile
Hi, I love the wrap pants. Do you have directions for making them? Suzanne
Go to Top of Page

36paws20hooves
True Blue Farmgirl

161 Posts

Danielle
Weirsdale Florida
USA
161 Posts

Posted - Jul 14 2010 :  6:45:45 PM  Show Profile
Mostly jeans or my brothers old camo pants, every now and then shorts, with t-shirts and pink rubber boots. Yes.... the rubber boots even with shorts. It's me.... all the neighbors know it. My nearest neighbor even bought his wife a pair of the pink rubber boots. :) I guess I am one of those fashion diva trend starters... LOL

I'm so busy I don't know if I just found a rope or lost my horse!
Go to Top of Page

drag0nfly
Farmgirl in Training

10 Posts

sally
buckley mi
USA
10 Posts

Posted - Jul 20 2010 :  05:29:18 AM  Show Profile
I usually wear shorts and a very light top in this heat.. the other day, however, i wore a sun dress and i LOVED to see my shadow while i worked! i felt so pretty all day long. I even felt sexy when i bent over in the garden and i knew my tush was showing!! haha.. i live out in the country with no neighbors so no one saw but God. hahahha.. (and my husband when he got home). I love to wear my apron almost every day as well.. I tell my girlfriends they should start to wear one too because even in the moments when i feel like a terrible wife and mother, all i have to do is catch a glance of myself in the mirror with my apron on and i feel like i'm doing a damn good job!! hahah.. Plus, its a good facade when people just happen to stop over to visit and i have my apron on, as if i'm working sooooo hard!
love ya all,
Sally
Go to Top of Page

shunger
True Blue Farmgirl

224 Posts

Suzanne
Helena MT
USA
224 Posts

Posted - Jul 20 2010 :  8:36:59 PM  Show Profile
Aprons give us such power! I love wearing mine and wear one in the garden often. Suzanne
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 2 Farmgirl Fashion: Previous Topic What do you wear to work outside? Next Topic  
Previous Page
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page