Printer Friendly
Author A Farm of My Own: Previous Topic Baby I am coming Home! Next Topic  

MNFarmGirl
True Blue Farmgirl

52 Posts

USA
52 Posts

Posted - Jan 13 2006 :  09:50:59 AM  Show Profile
I am finally done with college and now I can move back to my farm! I have been away for 2 years at school in WI and I only got to visit my family farm twice a year it's so far away. I am moving back in April and these last 3 months are taking way too long. Listening to you ladies talk about your farms keeps me from getting home sick though. The farm is I think 230 acres, it was a cattle farm, but I don't think we will do that. I know it's a lot to take on but I am so excited. So much needs to be done, all there is a couple barns, we plan to build a cordwood house and maybe some cabins because I have always wanted to have a bed and breakfast. We would also like to make those cool wall tents, how neat. My fiance wants to go organic and I also want to start a store out there to sell local crafts and start a flower business. I am so excited; I have been planning this farm for 3 years. I just want to say thanks to all you ladies for giving me inspiration and determination to do what I really want to do. The next couple of years are going to be hard, but I can't wait. I'm coming home! (thanks for letting me share my news) MNFarmGirl

cmandle
True Blue Farmgirl

846 Posts

Catherine
Minneapolis MN
846 Posts

Posted - Jan 13 2006 :  10:05:07 AM  Show Profile
Welcome back, MNFarmGirl! Where is your farm? Keep us posted on your B&B and crafts!

Catherine in Minneapolis
Go to Top of Page

celebrate2727
True Blue Farmgirl

989 Posts

Beth
MJF Farmgirl
989 Posts

Posted - Jan 13 2006 :  10:40:34 AM  Show Profile  Send celebrate2727 a Yahoo! Message
I am putting together a MN farmgirl chapter. Email me if you are interested! On Sunday we will be halfway through January already. Spring will be knocking on our door soon!
Blessings-
Beth

May you achieve your full potential to excel intellectually, to live spiritually, to lead responsibly, to act justly and to serve selflessly. Have a wonderful Holiday and a Happy New Year!
Go to Top of Page

sqrl
True Blue Farmgirl

605 Posts

Melissa
Northern California
USA
605 Posts

Posted - Jan 13 2006 :  10:42:45 AM  Show Profile
welcome home!! I can't wait till schools done for us too.

Blessed Be
www.sqrlbee.com www.sisterhood.sqrlbee.com

Go to Top of Page

Aunt Jenny
True Blue Farmgirl

11381 Posts

Jenny
middle of Utah
USA
11381 Posts

Posted - Jan 13 2006 :  12:02:21 PM  Show Profile
How neat that you are going home!! I loved Minnesota when I lived there (more than 20 years ago) especially the spring and fall!! We ran a fishing resort on Sand lake...sort of between Grand Rapids and Bemidji. It was wonderful there!!

Jenny in Utah
It's astonishing how short a time it takes for very wonderful things to happen...Frances Burnette
http://www.auntjennysworld.blogspot.com/ visit my little online shop at www.auntjenny.etsy.com
Go to Top of Page

cmandle
True Blue Farmgirl

846 Posts

Catherine
Minneapolis MN
846 Posts

Posted - Jan 13 2006 :  12:08:32 PM  Show Profile
Hey Melissa! You have a neat web site and a beautiful dream. Thanks for sharing. I used to live in Arcata too and think of it often. On your web site, was that a photo of Fern Canyon?

Catherine
Go to Top of Page

cajungal
True Blue Farmgirl

2349 Posts

Catherine Farmgirl Sister #76
Houston Area Texas
2349 Posts

Posted - Jan 13 2006 :  4:23:40 PM  Show Profile
Aubrey....congrats on being finished with school...now real life begins!! You sound so excited and filled with passion. It's that passion that will keep y'all going through those hard times that may come. Please chat often so we can walk through it with you.

Blessings
Catherine

One of the best compliments from one of my daughters: "Moma, you smell good...like dirt."
Go to Top of Page

Julia
True Blue Farmgirl

1949 Posts

Julia
Shelton WA
USA
1949 Posts

Posted - Jan 14 2006 :  09:51:58 AM  Show Profile
Aubrey, things sound very exciting for you. I look forward to hearing how your plans come together. Congatulations and best wishes! Julia V.

"...the setting sun is like going into the very presence of God." Elizabeth Von Arnim
Go to Top of Page

MNFarmGirl
True Blue Farmgirl

52 Posts

USA
52 Posts

Posted - Jan 14 2006 :  4:15:36 PM  Show Profile
Thanks for the great words, I will keep you posted. My fiance creates websites, so soon I will be able to share my pictures with you. Can't wait to get my hands dirty, I just went out the other day and bought several pairs of overalls, too cute. Celebrate2727 you will have to let my know where the chapter meets, I would love to come. Thanks Gals, MNFarmGirl
Go to Top of Page
  A Farm of My Own: Previous Topic Baby I am coming Home! Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page