Author Across the Fence: Previous Topic Some of the reveal... Next Topic  

catscharm74
True Blue Farmgirl

4687 Posts

Heather
Texas
USA
4687 Posts

Posted - Feb 23 2009 :  11:51:05 AM  Show Profile  Send catscharm74 a Yahoo! Message
Ok, so Scott and I had another one of our talking sessions. Usually this involves laying on the bed, cuddling and just talking into the late hours of the night (isn't that the best way???).

We have decided:

1. He is going to go for his commissioning in the military. He so deserves it and it is all he has ever wanted. We have decided to stick it out another 9.5 years. We have come this far and we want to give the kid(s)(Reference #2) a chance at traveling and exploring and experiences, just like we have been so blesse to have done.
2. We want to have at least 3...maybe more...children. On this same idea, I am going to graduate, take a break from college and just focus on family and being a military wife. I looked up several possible duty stations and I can find a job locally without too many problems, in my field. If not, we can definitely make it on Scott's pay and then some.
3. Also, job wise, IF I did work, I only have to work 13.5 more years and I can retire, if I work for the government. My active duty counts and gets me a better paygrade AND I have a preference in hiring.

We looked at how hard we have worked and decided to make it all work in favor of us. 10 years from retirement for Scott puts him only at 47 and me 14 puts me only at 48. That doesn't sound too bad and my gosh, the way things are going, people are working into their 80's now!!! I could have a whole other career by then.

So, that is some of the reveal. We have been just working on getting out debt paid down, me working on my final push for college and him getting himself straight to get into an Officer program. So,,,more to come!! : )

Heather

Yee-Haw, I am a cowgirl!!!

Edited by - catscharm74 on Feb 23 2009 12:24:43 PM

shepherdgirl
True Blue Farmgirl

1008 Posts

Tracy
California
USA
1008 Posts

Posted - Feb 23 2009 :  12:09:44 PM  Show Profile
Sounds like you've got some excellent goals for your future Heather. Not many couples are willing (or able?) to talk out such things. Especially if ONE of the partners is not willing to talk, or even LISTEN!!! Good for you!

Stay focued on the goals and they WILL happen! Watch out for the SPEED BUMPS!!! (LOL!!) Hugs~~~ Tracy

Life is not measured by the number of breaths we take, but by the moments that take our breath away. ~~ George Carlin
Go to Top of Page

idcityrose
True Blue Farmgirl

202 Posts

Rose
Idaho City Idaho
USA
202 Posts

Posted - Feb 23 2009 :  12:17:43 PM  Show Profile
What admirable goals you have. I wish when I was your age I had looked to the future and had a plan. I think you both must be very strong people and I wish you the best. Thanks for posting this, maybe other younger couples will think about their futures as well!

We are never alone in the forest of Sisters! We "Mountain Farmgirls" are outstanding in our field!
Go to Top of Page

catscharm74
True Blue Farmgirl

4687 Posts

Heather
Texas
USA
4687 Posts

Posted - Feb 23 2009 :  12:28:30 PM  Show Profile  Send catscharm74 a Yahoo! Message
Thanks ladies!!! We decided that some our dreams can either be put on hold or just forgotten all together. YES, I think we are growing up a little or just had a change of heart on things. We also decided that it is us, no mattter what, to the end. Believe me, if Scott wasn't a good listener or communicator, we wouldn't be married!!! : )

We like plans, I think it is our military blood that keeps us disciplined. HA!! LOL

Honestly, we felt like we had too many ifs in our future and though things do and will vary, we needed something a little more firm, as best we can. We have had the good fortune of living rather willy nilly for the past 5 years and we will forever be dreamers and travellers but we need a foundation to dream and travel from.

Heather

Edited by - catscharm74 on Feb 23 2009 12:29:36 PM
Go to Top of Page

Sandra K. Licher
True Blue Farmgirl

1106 Posts

Sandra
Horseshoe Bend Arkansas
1106 Posts

Posted - Feb 23 2009 :  3:57:59 PM  Show Profile
Good for both of you! Considering the economy, I think you both are in a better position than most....I've never heard of the government laying people off! LOL! Great dreams...now go out and make em' happen! Best of everything to your whole family!

Sam in AR..... "It's a great life if you don't weaken!"
Farmgirl Sister #226

www.farmgirlsam.blogspot.com
Go to Top of Page

Alee
True Blue Farmgirl

22937 Posts

Alee
Worland Wy
USA
22937 Posts

Posted - Feb 23 2009 :  5:27:52 PM  Show Profile  Send Alee a Yahoo! Message
Heather- those sound like wonderful new dreams for the family! I am so glad you FINALLY told us! I thought my brain was going to explode! LOL

Alee
Farmgirl Sister #8
www.awarmheart.com
Please come visit Nora and me on our blog: www.farmgirlalee.blogspot.com
Put your pin on the farmgirl map! www.farmgirlmap.blogspot.com
Go to Top of Page

catscharm74
True Blue Farmgirl

4687 Posts

Heather
Texas
USA
4687 Posts

Posted - Feb 23 2009 :  8:18:29 PM  Show Profile  Send catscharm74 a Yahoo! Message
Alee, I wouldn't let that cute little head of yours explode!!! : ) My gosh, could you imagine the backlash if I made the gal who knows everything head explode!!! LOL

More to come...

Heather

Go to Top of Page
  Across the Fence: Previous Topic Some of the reveal... Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page