Save Password        REGISTER
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 General Chat Forum
 A Farm of My Own
 I am "branded" a country gal now...
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author A Farm of My Own: Previous Topic I am "branded" a country gal now... Next Topic  

stacyluu
Farmgirl in Training

24 Posts

stacy
tuttle oklahoma
USA
24 Posts

Posted - Feb 22 2009 :  09:46:46 AM  Show Profile
We moved from the city to the country over a year ago...i now wear my new "countrygirl badge" proudly...it "brands" me as country and that tickles-me-pink!...there are certain things i wear or do that flags me as such...like wearing dirty mud boots to the gas station to fill up a mower gas tank..my camo cap with messy blonde ponytails falling out the back..my farm truck tag on my dirty truck..my farm ID card..my pickup loaded at the feedstore...i have since traded my shiny car, my brighton shoes, leather purse, storebought beef/eggs, fancy hairdo for a much happier and fulfilling life with certain things that "brand" me as country to cityfolk..and I couldn't be more proud and satisfied...to some of you it my seem secondnature, but to us new farmgirls it is daily reminder of the happy life we have chosen for our family...an outward expression of our lifestyle!! My badge of honor!

kristin sherrill
True Blue Farmgirl

11303 Posts

kristin
chickamauga ga
USA
11303 Posts

Posted - Feb 22 2009 :  1:49:50 PM  Show Profile
I am a country girl all the way, too. I am sitting here right now in muddy jeans and a red flannel shirt. My pink muck boots are by the front door all muddy. We had a pipe burst AGAIN and have been out there digging it out . My hubby and SIL are covered in mud, too. It's freezing cold and of course the break is in the shade and the wind is blowing, too. I am so ready for warm weather!!! And dry ground!

I could use the t-shirt I saw somewhere that says farmgirls aren't afraid to get dirty.

Kris

Turn your face to the sun and the shadows fall behind you. Maori proverb
Go to Top of Page

ruralfarmgirl
True Blue Farmgirl

4309 Posts

Rene'
Prosser WA
USA
4309 Posts

Posted - Feb 23 2009 :  07:36:16 AM  Show Profile  Send ruralfarmgirl a Yahoo! Message
How fun!Thats me. I always think of Barbara Mandrell's song, I was country when country wasnt cool"....LOL.....

Rene~Prosser Farmgirl #185
http://farmchicksfarm.blogspot.com/http://renenaturallyspeaking.blogspot.com/

Circumstances made us FRIENDS; MaryJane's has made us SISTERS :)
Go to Top of Page

catscharm74
True Blue Farmgirl

4687 Posts

Heather
Texas
USA
4687 Posts

Posted - Feb 23 2009 :  08:10:12 AM  Show Profile  Send catscharm74 a Yahoo! Message
The greatest 2 compliments of late were someone said I had a Texas accent!!! YEE HAW (Being from CT, this is HUGE!!!) and someone said I always look country girl cute, with my jeans, button down western shirts and my flip flops or boots. I am letting my hair grow out and I have been pinning it up willy nilly underneath my cowgirl hat. YEE HAW!!! I love it!!!

The best part is hubby actually picks out thing for me, like my pink rain mucking boots and thinks I look sassy in them!!! : )

Heather

Yee-Haw, I am a cowgirl!!!
Go to Top of Page

marcy jo
True Blue Farmgirl

453 Posts

Marcy
Wawaka Indiana
USA
453 Posts

Posted - Feb 26 2009 :  12:20:04 PM  Show Profile  Send marcy jo a Yahoo! Message
I feel the same way Heather! I was raised in the city and moved to the country only a few years ago. I am so much happier! For me there is nothing better than trying to turn my small piece of rental into a mini farm! I love getting groceries for the critters and growing my own food. I dont care if my hair is done all the time or if theres mud on my jeans!! My hubby likes it too!! I dont think he could handle a woman that was high maintenance!!

Marcy #257

http://marcyjosmarket.blogspot.com
Go to Top of Page

Mistypearl
Farmgirl in Training

33 Posts

Misty
Sumter SC
33 Posts

Posted - Feb 26 2009 :  5:26:34 PM  Show Profile
Hey Stacyluu, I am still learning to be a true-blue farmgirl. I do have one thing though that never fails to make me feel like I belong...a pair of old cowboy boots, with scuffed heels, and worn leather. I have worn them for years, but now, when I step out the back door to go gather eggs, or feed my goats, or dig in my flower beds, and work on the new ground for my up-coming garden, I can "see" the farmgirl in me growing daily in the dirt that clings to them. It is such a wonderful thing to see your dreams coming true!

Smile-oh yea, you will still get wrinkles, but at least they will be wrinkles worth seeing!
Go to Top of Page

prariehawk
True Blue Farmgirl

2914 Posts

Cindy

2914 Posts

Posted - Feb 26 2009 :  9:55:59 PM  Show Profile
Geez louise, girls--this is making me long so much for five acres in the country that I could cry. I don't mind living in town, but...you can take the girl out of the country, but you can't take the country out of the girl. I can't afford to move right now--I almost have my mortgage paid off--but now I'm thinking of say, maybe five years from now, I might be able to get some land in the country. I want an alpaca herd so badly! As for the t-shirts---at the local tractor supply store, I found a t-shirt that says: "I fall for pick-up trucks, not pick-up lines." I also fall for horses and am hoping to go to Lexington (for the first time) in the fall. It's hard to find men in this town who want to be farmers--preferably organic farmers. I do have a pair of rubber work boots that I got at farm supply--just rarely have the opportunity to wear them. I did make some living room curtains out of burlap and I can tell a hereford from a holstein--gee, I wish I lived in the country!
Cindy
Go to Top of Page

savanna
Farmgirl in Training

21 Posts

rita
cisco texas
USA
21 Posts

Posted - Feb 26 2009 :  10:34:39 PM  Show Profile
I have lived in the city and now in the country (75 miles from the city) and would never go back to live in the city. i love waking up to the turky talking, and the soft moo of the cows. Life just seems to be in the right rythem in the country. i love my jeans, boots and pick- up. Would take them anyday over dresses, high heels and noise.

Prariehawk don't give up on your dream. And I'm sure there is anorganic farmer out there for you somewhere. I'LL keep you in my prayers. God can make anything happen!

"Everyone heplin'each other whenever they canWe makin' it happen, form nothin to somethin' That's how we be survivin ' back in my homeland." Black Eyed Peas

chiqita
Go to Top of Page

Mother Hen
True Blue Farmgirl

604 Posts

Cindy
Peck ID
USA
604 Posts

Posted - Feb 27 2009 :  01:03:55 AM  Show Profile
Girls I totally agree, done the city thing but always knew I belonged in the country. I love my 4WD F-250 p/u truck and wouldn't want to trade it. I wear my straw cowboy hat in the summer and my felt cowboy hat in the winter. My muckers are always covered in mud and manure and I have my jeans stained with the same. I do reserve a "clean looking pair" for going to town. I wore out my cowboy boots and traded them for a pair of packers. Much more comfortable and don't make my feet hurt nor my back. I carry my leatherman with me almost all the time and can be spotted from afar as a country farmgirl. I love my lifestyle and wouldn't go back to the city/burbs for any money. Heck, I left a GOOD paying job to live like this.

Kris, sorry to hear about your pipes. Hope you have thawed out a bit.

This is where we belong!!

Cindy

I will bless the Lord at all times: his praise shall continually be in my mouth. Psalms 34:1
Go to Top of Page
  A Farm of My Own: Previous Topic I am "branded" a country gal now... Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page