shepherdgirl
True Blue Farmgirl

1008 Posts

Tracy
California
USA
1008 Posts

Posted - Feb 20 2009 :  2:26:32 PM  Show Profile
Has anyone read any of her books? They are kind of Medical Mystery, suspence type books. Pretty good-- though can be a bit gorey in the details (usually from a Medical standpoint), but very cleverly written.

I just finished reading "The Bone Garden" at 2:30 this am (just couldn't put it down!) It took place during two different eras-- the Presant day-- when a newly divorced woman finds a VERY OLD female skeleton in the backyard of her "new" (Old) house -- and 1830's Boston with a masked/cloaked killer on the loose! Very well written!!! Though I'm not exactly sure WHY she titled it "The Bone Garden." They only found ONE skeleton!

Life is not measured by the number of breaths we take, but by the moments that take our breath away. ~~ George Carlin

jinia
True Blue Farmgirl

152 Posts

jinia
mo
USA
152 Posts

Posted - Feb 20 2009 :  8:30:08 PM  Show Profile
Yes, I have read her! Love her books. She wrote a couple of sci-fi ones back in the day and Gravity was very good. I think she even wrote a romance or two. She has a series that I just love...
Go to Top of Page

shepherdgirl
True Blue Farmgirl

1008 Posts

Tracy
California
USA
1008 Posts

Posted - Feb 23 2009 :  1:42:10 PM  Show Profile
What's the Series called Jinia? I MIGHT have read it, might not! Which of her books was your favorite? I found "The Mephisto Club" a bit disturbing... have you read that one? YIKES!!!

Life is not measured by the number of breaths we take, but by the moments that take our breath away. ~~ George Carlin
Go to Top of Page

jinia
True Blue Farmgirl

152 Posts

jinia
mo
USA
152 Posts

Posted - Feb 23 2009 :  4:57:08 PM  Show Profile
The book you read is in the series- the Jane Rizzoli and Maura Isles series! I haven't read it yet but am looking forward to it! She can be disturbing and dark - but I like that sometimes! This series is my favorite of her work!
Go to Top of Page

shepherdgirl
True Blue Farmgirl

1008 Posts

Tracy
California
USA
1008 Posts

Posted - Feb 25 2009 :  8:22:54 PM  Show Profile
Oh, ok. I guess I HAVE read the series then. But probably not "in order." Did you read "Bloodstream?" That was the FIRST of her books that I read.... the one that got me hooked! CREEEEPY!!!! Oh, and "Life Support" was good too!

Go to Top of Page

jinia
True Blue Farmgirl

152 Posts

jinia
mo
USA
152 Posts

Posted - Feb 25 2009 :  8:29:51 PM  Show Profile
Yep, read BloodStream! Your right creepy! My favorite is Gravity! I think she is getting better and better
Go to Top of Page

shepherdgirl
True Blue Farmgirl

1008 Posts

Tracy
California
USA
1008 Posts

Posted - Mar 04 2009 :  09:19:13 AM  Show Profile
I haven't read that one yet. I'll have to keep my eye out for it. Thanks!

Go to Top of Page
  Reading Room: Previous Topic Tess Gerritsen books Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page