Save Password        REGISTER
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 General Chat Forum
 Across the Fence
 Gotta Brag on the Husband, Girls.
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Across the Fence: Previous Topic Gotta Brag on the Husband, Girls. Next Topic  

kristin sherrill
True Blue Farmgirl

11303 Posts

kristin
chickamauga ga
USA
11303 Posts

Posted - Feb 19 2009 :  6:54:34 PM  Show Profile
Ok, my hubby does not do much around the house. And that's fine with me. I'd rather do it than let him, then have to go do it over myself. It's just easier for me. He does pick up his feet when I sweep the floor in front of him. That's a big help.
So last Sat. we had a Valentine dinner at church. We played several fun games. The one we were picked to play was a version of the Newlywed Game called the Truelywed Game. We've been married 30 years so I thought we'd win for sure. We came in 3rd. I was very upset, especially since he's been home on sick leave 5 weeks now. I thought I knew him pretty good by now.

One of the questions was how much housework does your hubby do. I said 1% and that's only because I hand him the trash bag on the way out the door. Well, he said 5%. we should have gotten that one.

Anyway, here comes the bragging part to this story. The other day I had washed a load of towels and undie things. I was gone most of the day and it had started to sprinkle a little. Hubby was in the bathroom and looked out the window and saw the clothes line had things hanging on it. So out he went and took them off the line and brought them inside!! Not only did he take them off the line and bring them in, but he partially folded the towels and put all the socks together!!! So when I saw the basket on the bed later I asked who had done that. Well,it's only me and him, I should have known, bit it didn't even cross my mind that he could have done it. But he did. I was totally amazed. And surprised, too, that he actually took time out of his day to do that. What a man! I had no idea it was in him.

So ladies, there is hope for mankind. It could quite possibly happen to you, too! I just had to tell someone what a wonderful guy I have.

Kris

Turn your face to the sun and the shadows fall behind you. Maori proverb

acairnsmom
True Blue Farmgirl

1319 Posts

audrey
cheyenne wy
1319 Posts

Posted - Feb 19 2009 :  8:51:30 PM  Show Profile
Kris, all in all it sounds like you got a "keeper". It's nice when they do little things like that on their own without being asked to do it.

I'm lucky too, my DH's mother trained him well before I even met him. When push comes to shove he'll step up and do what ever needs to be done. The only thing I haven't seen him do is dust, but he'll do dishes, bathrooms and vacuums for me when my back is out of whack. He'll do it when he needs to but he would prefer not to need to.

Audrey

Toto, we're not in Kansas any more!
Go to Top of Page

Especially For You
True Blue Farmgirl

541 Posts

Tina
Watkinsville GA
541 Posts

Posted - Feb 20 2009 :  04:52:48 AM  Show Profile
Kristen you are a hoot! But what is realy funny is that at church on valentines day Sunday (got that right) we played the Truely Wed Game also, and my husband and I came in third!! When you wrot that I thought wow how funny!! One of the questions that they asked my husband was "what kind on candy bar would describe your wife?" Now I said Snickers because I am kind of nutty. But oh no he said Crunchy... What kind of candy bar is that I just howled!! He said he was going to say his favorite candy bar which is Zero, but he said he new that it would get him into trouble!! Oh, fun times. His birthday is March 5th and he will be 60 so I think I am going to have a cookout for him on Sat 7th, and we are going to play all kinds of childrens games Musical chairs, clothes pin in the bottle, pin the tail on the donkey,Hummmm, I wonder if I can use his best friend for that one? lol Anyway sorry this got so long, I guess I need to call someone and talk I must realy need to lol.

Tina #455
Go to Top of Page

kristin sherrill
True Blue Farmgirl

11303 Posts

kristin
chickamauga ga
USA
11303 Posts

Posted - Feb 20 2009 :  05:22:34 AM  Show Profile
Tina, we had that question, too, except it was for the wives. We had Chunky, Mr. Goodbar, Take 5 and a few others. I said take 5 because he always needs to take a break and don't you say "take 5" when you want a break? But he usually takes more than 5. That is funny that we both played the same game and came in third? I forgot to mention there were only 3 couples.

My hubby's 61 in May. Sounds like they'd have lots in common. He does ask if I need help alot. He's a great husband, really. He is the youngest of 9 kids and he was a real momma's boy. But I loved my MIL. She taught me so much. I miss her alot.

Kris

Go to Top of Page

FebruaryViolet
True Blue Farmgirl

4810 Posts

Jonni
Elsmere Kentucky
USA
4810 Posts

Posted - Feb 20 2009 :  06:00:32 AM  Show Profile
This so makes me laugh! It's like me and dh years from now...he does do dishes, though it takes two days sometimes, and he when I make a list of things "TO DO", he does other things, not ON the list (but somehow end up being acceptable)...but that was so very nice of him to take initiative.

I always wonder if dh and I would win one of those games...probably not, because in HIS head, he does WAY more than I think he does :)
Go to Top of Page

kristin sherrill
True Blue Farmgirl

11303 Posts

kristin
chickamauga ga
USA
11303 Posts

Posted - Feb 20 2009 :  07:24:13 AM  Show Profile
FebruaryViolet, my hubby has done dishes 2 times. When I was in the hosp. after having our kids. He still brings that up. But that is the only time he's done dishes.

Kris

Go to Top of Page

FebruaryViolet
True Blue Farmgirl

4810 Posts

Jonni
Elsmere Kentucky
USA
4810 Posts

Posted - Feb 20 2009 :  07:27:33 AM  Show Profile
I think it's his era...my dad didn't do dishes, either. He was 50 when I was born, and my mom 22. So, he was born in 1924, and she was a 1970's hippie dippie, all for women's rights and equality...but she managed. I recall her getting frustrated though :)

The thing that bothers me is that my dh can live in a pigsty--I can't, but when I let something go for a time, HE gets frustrated, acts like he can't take it anymore, and then acts like a martyr, doing the cleaning. Hysterical!!! It's one way of getting things done...!
Go to Top of Page

kristin sherrill
True Blue Farmgirl

11303 Posts

kristin
chickamauga ga
USA
11303 Posts

Posted - Feb 20 2009 :  07:51:41 AM  Show Profile
That's kind of like mine, too. He'll say something needs to be done and if I don't get to it right away he does something like well I guess I'll have to do it. That is a good way to get a guy to do something.

Kris

Go to Top of Page

FebruaryViolet
True Blue Farmgirl

4810 Posts

Jonni
Elsmere Kentucky
USA
4810 Posts

Posted - Feb 20 2009 :  08:27:54 AM  Show Profile
My co-worker and I talk a lot about men and their "time frame" of getting to things, especially things WE think are important. She said that if there's something she wants her husband to do, and has asked repeatedly (like paint a piece of furniture or woodwork) she'll go and get the crappiest paint brush she can find in the garage and make sure he sees her open the can, stir it up, etc...and get ready to paint. THEN he freaks out and says, "here, I'll do it. Don't bother with that brush, I'll get my good one--it will look MUCH better..." and off he goes :)

Go to Top of Page

Old Spirit
True Blue Farmgirl

1498 Posts

Rae
MN
1498 Posts

Posted - Feb 20 2009 :  09:03:55 AM  Show Profile
I too have a keeper. I do most house stuff, my choice, as he does all the car stuff, splitting wood and all that. When I am sick though or come home from work after a bad day he steps right up to the plate and helps out with everything. That means so much!
Rae

...those who hope in the Lord will renew their strength. They will soar on wings like eagles:...
Isaiah 40:31
Go to Top of Page

Mother Hen
True Blue Farmgirl

604 Posts

Cindy
Peck ID
USA
604 Posts

Posted - Feb 20 2009 :  09:33:04 AM  Show Profile
Kris, I'm so happy for you. My ex was like your hubby around the house. I know any little thing he does is a really big deal to you and makes you very happy!! My best hubby (current and last one ever) is great. He does leave crumbs on the counter after I've just cleaned the kitchen but he will cook, clean, does his own laundry. And let me tell you he makes the BEST prime rib I've ever had!!
I've learned to always compliment him and thank him profusely when he does something in the house. It makes it easier for him to want to do it again because everyone loves compliments!!
Way to go Kris.
Cindy

I will bless the Lord at all times: his praise shall continually be in my mouth. Psalms 34:1
Go to Top of Page
  Across the Fence: Previous Topic Gotta Brag on the Husband, Girls. Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page