Save Password        REGISTER
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 General Chat Forum
 Across the Fence
 Need help identifying something...
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Across the Fence: Previous Topic Need help identifying something... Next Topic  

catscharm74
True Blue Farmgirl

4687 Posts

Heather
Texas
USA
4687 Posts

Posted - Feb 19 2009 :  12:38:06 PM  Show Profile  Send catscharm74 a Yahoo! Message
Ok, you know the things the chickens sit in, inside the coup, kinda like shelving and now, you can purchase them in the fancy stores for your kitchen to hold kitchen wares? PLEASE someone help me. I am drawing a blank here. They are stacked on top of each other, at angles. Please help!!!

Heather

Yee-Haw, I am a cowgirl!!!

Edited by - catscharm74 on Feb 19 2009 12:45:43 PM

catscharm74
True Blue Farmgirl

4687 Posts

Heather
Texas
USA
4687 Posts

Posted - Feb 19 2009 :  12:45:29 PM  Show Profile  Send catscharm74 a Yahoo! Message
OK...found it...anyone know where I can find something like this cheaper???

http://www.sundancecatalog.com/PRODUCT/For+the+Home/Office+%26+Storage/28942.html?omAdd=yes&pbAdd=-1

Heather

Go to Top of Page

Mother Hen
True Blue Farmgirl

604 Posts

Cindy
Peck ID
USA
604 Posts

Posted - Feb 19 2009 :  2:26:11 PM  Show Profile
Heather, they are just nests, at least that's what we always called them. From looking at the picture from the website you posted, if you look at the side of it, it looks like the sides of a staircase. It actually looks pretty easy to make if you have some lumber. Or, farmgirl up, and see if there is any remodeling/demolition going on in your area where you could get used lumber and/or the stair support. I'm not sure that's the real name (stair support) but the side piece, then the rest should be gravy.
Good luck. Let us know.
Cindy

I will bless the Lord at all times: his praise shall continually be in my mouth. Psalms 34:1
Go to Top of Page

Farmers Daughter
True Blue Farmgirl

90 Posts

DiAnn

90 Posts

Posted - Feb 20 2009 :  02:35:22 AM  Show Profile
We call them nesting boxes around here. I think you got a wonderful suggestion from Mother Hen about getting some lumber and putting it together. It really wouldn't be to hard to put together. If you find some used lumber even better and it will give a more rustic look. Sometimes to you can keep an eye out for auction sale bill and might be able to come a crossed the real deal straight from the chicken house.

Best of luck~
Go to Top of Page

Annab
True Blue Farmgirl

2900 Posts

Anna
Seagrove NC
USA
2900 Posts

Posted - Feb 20 2009 :  05:25:30 AM  Show Profile
YES! Nest boxes! Who'd have thunk.

You can find these in all the poultry product magazines and mail order catalogs.

Ought to be easy enough. But i'm not mechanically inclind at all!

These also used to be made out of galvanized metal
Go to Top of Page

catscharm74
True Blue Farmgirl

4687 Posts

Heather
Texas
USA
4687 Posts

Posted - Feb 20 2009 :  09:57:02 AM  Show Profile  Send catscharm74 a Yahoo! Message
http://www.randallburkey.com/prodinfo.asp?number=10247

Ok, I am not that handy, but I am going to look at the local feed store for something like these. I am trying to find a farmgirlish way to store shoes by the front door, something Charlie can easily access and it different from the box store choices. I thought this would be cute!! I could paint these too, so they can become beachy farmgirlish!!! HA!!

Heather

Go to Top of Page
  Across the Fence: Previous Topic Need help identifying something... Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page