Save Password        REGISTER
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 General Chat Forum
 Here's to Your Health
 Do you ever feel? Pinkroses
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Here's to Your Health: Previous Topic Do you ever feel? Pinkroses Next Topic  

pinkroses
True Blue Farmgirl

2350 Posts

Sheila
Virginia
USA
2350 Posts

Posted - Feb 17 2009 :  4:45:55 PM  Show Profile
As most of yall know I have lots of conditons and diseases
Today, I feel like I am half here and some wheres else.
I feel like a zombie a lot of times.
Sometimes, I feel like just staying in bed.
I do count my blessings that I can get out of bed;
though it is really hard to at times.
Do any of you feel like this? hugs Sheila

www.ohkayteagirl2.blogspot.com
http;//www.sheilascreativetouches.blogspot.com

junkjunkie
True Blue Farmgirl

1306 Posts

Judy
Lawrenceville NJ
USA
1306 Posts

Posted - Feb 17 2009 :  5:12:29 PM  Show Profile
Sheila, Today I feel that way also. In fact, as soon as I came home from work, I went straight to bed. Totally out of it.... It's funny, earlier I went to the store to buy some facial products. When I told her the kind of soap I wanted, she asked me if I was oily all over (meaning my complexion). I said, "No....just my face." Duh...doh! She held back laughter...trying to be professional.

"To have life in focus, we must have death in our field of vision." Benedictine monk John Main
Go to Top of Page

junkjunkie
True Blue Farmgirl

1306 Posts

Judy
Lawrenceville NJ
USA
1306 Posts

Posted - Feb 17 2009 :  5:32:15 PM  Show Profile
I'm not trying to make light of how you feel. It sounds like you're having a tough day...and I'm sorry. So here are big *HUGS* going your way. Seriously though, I do battle depression and have had it most of my life and it's always a struggle. There are times I feel totally immobilized. So Sheila....I can totally relate!

"To have life in focus, we must have death in our field of vision." Benedictine monk John Main

Edited by - junkjunkie on Feb 17 2009 5:33:58 PM
Go to Top of Page

acairnsmom
True Blue Farmgirl

1319 Posts

audrey
cheyenne wy
1319 Posts

Posted - Feb 17 2009 :  8:25:50 PM  Show Profile
Sheila, I feel like that either when a low pressure system is coming through or when it's a cloudy day. It's like I'm just not fully awake. I'm not necessarily tired, I just am not all "there". Not firing on all cylinders...Usually the next day I'm back to normal (unless it's cloudy again). Yours could be that or depression or the interactions of your medications. Have you talked to a pharmacist? They are more knowledgable of the possible interactions of medication. What ever the cause, it's not fun to feel like that, especially if it happens a lot. Hang in there, you're not alone!

Audrey

Toto, we're not in Kansas any more!

Edited by - acairnsmom on Feb 17 2009 8:30:40 PM
Go to Top of Page

dutchy
True Blue Farmgirl

4427 Posts

4427 Posts

Posted - Feb 17 2009 :  11:15:55 PM  Show Profile
MANY hugs to you Sheila. And yes I know too exactly how you must be feeling. I am so glad I now talk to a psychologist, it does help me.

Yes talk to your dr. or pharmacist about meds, they CAN work against eachother, do more harm then good.

Hugs from Marian/Dutchy, a farmgirl from the Netherlands :)

My personal blog:
http://just-me-a-dutch-girl.blogspot.com/

Almost daily updates on me and mine :)
Go to Top of Page

Diane B Carter
True Blue Farmgirl

1270 Posts

Diane
Blasdell N.Y.
USA
1270 Posts

Posted - Feb 18 2009 :  10:50:52 AM  Show Profile
It may be a woman thing, we are so busy all the time I think our bodies just make us take a break. If you take anything that will make you sleepy it will be hard to get up in the morning, I think going to a doctor and talking and getting bloodwork done should be a priority. You can never be to careful. Good luck
Go to Top of Page

twzlrwho
True Blue Farmgirl

199 Posts

christina
dewitt va
USA
199 Posts

Posted - Feb 18 2009 :  11:14:53 AM  Show Profile
I do. Having illnesses is emotionally and physically draining. I agree you should see your doc if it persists. Good luck!

Christina

Work like you don't have to, love like you've never been hurt, and dance like nobody is watching :)
Go to Top of Page

Lainey
True Blue Farmgirl

2401 Posts

Elaine
Waco Kentucky
USA
2401 Posts

Posted - Feb 19 2009 :  06:36:11 AM  Show Profile
Sheila, big hugs for you! Yes I do understand, I have those times too. Like today there is nothing more I would have loved to do but stay in the bed. But like you I count my blessings that I was able to get up and out. I agree with what the others have said, when you are sick or in pain it's hard to really focus or feel 100%. It is draining on the mind as well as the body.

Farmgirl Sister #25

http://countrygirldreams.blogspot.com/

An Angel says, 'Never borrow from the future. If you worry about what may happen tomorrow and it doesn't happen, you have worried in vain. Even if it does happen, you have to worry twice.'
Go to Top of Page

Farmgirlheart
True Blue Farmgirl

103 Posts

Valerie
Los Angeles California
USA
103 Posts

Posted - Feb 19 2009 :  11:51:49 AM  Show Profile
I have those days too! Sometimes I think I have no reason to be here, like I'm useless, then I talk to my mom and listen to her about her pain and depression from breast cancer, then I remember I've got so much I can't be so self-pitying! (Not to say you don't have the right to feel bad from what you deal with!!) but I am well and I shouldn't do this, I have my mom who loves me and needs me and I am happy I can be there for her. I have some truly wonderful friends who make me remember why I am here! Hang in there, sister! You have lots of love and support!!!
Go to Top of Page

bohemiangel
True Blue Farmgirl

2087 Posts

Bridget
Ligonier pa
USA
2087 Posts

Posted - Feb 19 2009 :  1:35:29 PM  Show Profile  Send bohemiangel an AOL message  Click to see bohemiangel's MSN Messenger address  Send bohemiangel a Yahoo! Message
Hugs!

**~~Farmgirl Sister #60~~**
"... to thine ownself be true."

http://liggybitsandpieces.blogspot.com/
http://ligonierliving.blogspot.com/

Go to Top of Page

happydaze
True Blue Farmgirl

136 Posts

lorraine
atlanta ni
USA
136 Posts

Posted - Feb 19 2009 :  4:44:27 PM  Show Profile
Hugs! I stayed in bed most of the day myself, got up to feed the critters and start laundry. I understand just how you must feel, It's exhausting being sick and in pain so oftem. I wake up in the morning and I'm still me, just a question of will I get up and face the day or not.
Go to Top of Page
  Here's to Your Health: Previous Topic Do you ever feel? Pinkroses Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page