Viola4
Farmgirl at Heart

2 Posts

Martha
Viola Idaho
USA
2 Posts

Posted - Feb 17 2009 :  2:23:39 PM  Show Profile
My husband and I like to dine by candle light with soft music every evening. I have numerous tablecloths that I like to use and also quite a few placemats and fabric napkins that I always use. I change the table decor about once a week so there is a different theme or look depending on the season, holiday, or whim I have. For years I have been concerned about candle wax dripping on my table or table cloth. It is so hard to remove. Dripless candles are expensive and aren't always as advertised. So, my husband came up with this idea the other day: make little table runners out of left over fabric to go with my table themes and designs, and when they are starting to look ugly, just throw them in the wood stove to help the fire start. I really liked this idea so went upstairs and sorted through fabric remnants that I have kept over about 30 years, left over from sewing projects. I made quite a few that were the appropriate color or theme. It took about five minutes each. I just hemmed them not bothering to turn under the raw edge. They are all different lengths and widths but that doesn't matter either. The ones I made should last a long time, but if I need more there is always plenty of fabric scrap to choose from in the future.

yarnmamma
True Blue Farmgirl

4247 Posts

Linda
Clarks Summit PA
USA
4247 Posts

Posted - Feb 17 2009 :  2:33:04 PM  Show Profile  Send yarnmamma a Yahoo! Message
cool
do you have any pics? show us!

Linda in Scranton, PA
farmgirl #71
Go to Top of Page

Sitnalta
True Blue Farmgirl

4208 Posts

Jessica
NJ
USA
4208 Posts

Posted - Feb 17 2009 :  3:26:14 PM  Show Profile
What an awesome idea! I second Linda's motion. Pics for sure!!
lol
hugs

Jessie
Farmgirl Sister #235

"The grass withereth,the flower fadeth:but the word of our God shall stand forever." Is. 40:8

Stop by my blog for a visit www.messiejessie2.blogspot.com
Go to Top of Page
  HomeSafeHome: Previous Topic tablecloth protection Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page