Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password        REGISTER
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 General Chat Forum
 Stitching & Crafting Room
 Let's have a contest..who's got the most UFO's??
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Next Page
Author Stitching & Crafting Room: Previous Topic Let's have a contest..who's got the most UFO's?? Next Topic
Page: of 2

Fabulous Farm Femmes
True Blue Farmgirl

792 Posts

Diane
Lakebay, Tacoma WA
792 Posts

Posted - Jan 11 2006 :  12:23:29 AM  Show Profile  Send Fabulous Farm Femmes an AOL message
Or who has THE messiest craft area?

I was reading Annie T's Blog and she bravely posted photos of hers..along with the fact that organizing it was her New Years resolution!

If you post pictures I will send the winner a couple of yards of fabric from my stash...this should be good for a laugh anyway...
or to intice us to keep our New Year's resolutions..right Annie?

(You doll, you are so pregnant, I am surprised you have energy to do anything at this point!!Let us know when the little one arrives)

Edited by - Fabulous Farm Femmes on Jan 11 2006 2:39:48 PM

cajungal
True Blue Farmgirl

2349 Posts

Catherine Farmgirl Sister #76
Houston Area Texas
2349 Posts

Posted - Jan 11 2006 :  06:37:45 AM  Show Profile
Great idea, Diane! I am in! I'll need hubby's help in doing the pic thing, but I'll get it done!

My crafting area holds supplies, fabrics, paints, yarns, etc..AND 3 sewing machines and a serger. My two girls and myself each have a machine....it is often we are all working at the same time. The supplies cover skills from sewing(clothes and crafts),quilting, painting, drawing, calligraphy, crocheting, beading, doll making, cross stitching, embroidery, jewelry making, quilling, and I'm sure something else. This is all on 1/2 of a wall in our multi purpose room which is our school room. It houses 2 computers, a little over 1000 books, an exercise machine and a 6 ft round table in the middle of the room. It is absolutely the most messy room in our home and yet we spend a lot of time in there regardless of stepping over things and each other!

Can't wait to see all the pics. I also kinda hope I don't win....I'd like to think there's someone out there worse than me.

Blessings
Catherine

One of the best compliments from one of my daughters: "Moma, you smell good...like dirt."
Go to Top of Page

Bridge
True Blue Farmgirl

814 Posts

Bridgette
Southern Indiana
USA
814 Posts

Posted - Jan 11 2006 :  07:43:55 AM  Show Profile
i'd like to try this!!
Go to Top of Page

Aunt Jenny
True Blue Farmgirl

11381 Posts

Jenny
middle of Utah
USA
11381 Posts

Posted - Jan 11 2006 :  08:06:28 AM  Show Profile
I will try to post pictures of my area too..yikes! I have alot of UFO's and tons of stash too..my problem is having it stashed all over the place..a trunk full in the living room, a linen closet full in the hall (who needs to store their linens there..haha) and then my big laundry/sewing room. I am determined to get organized better. I have a mess after the holidays!!

Jenny in Utah
It's astonishing how short a time it takes for very wonderful things to happen...Frances Burnette
http://www.auntjennysworld.blogspot.com/
Go to Top of Page

AnnieT
True Blue Farmgirl

287 Posts

Annie

287 Posts

Posted - Jan 11 2006 :  12:03:59 PM  Show Profile
Can I get a prize for being the pregnantest if I don't win the most UFOs? LOL!!!

Annie

Visit the Bramblestitches store: www.bramblestitches.etsy.com
Visit me at my blog: http://bramblestitches.blogspot.com/
Go to Top of Page

Aunt Jenny
True Blue Farmgirl

11381 Posts

Jenny
middle of Utah
USA
11381 Posts

Posted - Jan 11 2006 :  12:26:24 PM  Show Profile
YOU WIN ANNIE!! I am sure there is no one pregnanter!!!

Jenny in Utah
It's astonishing how short a time it takes for very wonderful things to happen...Frances Burnette
http://www.auntjennysworld.blogspot.com/
Go to Top of Page

Fabulous Farm Femmes
True Blue Farmgirl

792 Posts

Diane
Lakebay, Tacoma WA
792 Posts

Posted - Jan 11 2006 :  2:40:30 PM  Show Profile  Send Fabulous Farm Femmes an AOL message
What about MONA???? LOLOLOLO
Go to Top of Page

quilt8305
True Blue Farmgirl

409 Posts

Mary
Spokane WA
USA
409 Posts

Posted - Jan 11 2006 :  2:55:34 PM  Show Profile
Too funny!! I will take pictures next week and post them.

Mary

The great use of life is to spend it for something that will outlast it. Wm. James
Go to Top of Page

AnnieT
True Blue Farmgirl

287 Posts

Annie

287 Posts

Posted - Jan 12 2006 :  3:38:27 PM  Show Profile
I'll concede to Mona, but ONLY if she's past due and can come up with an acceptance speech. :)

Annie

Visit the Bramblestitches store: www.bramblestitches.etsy.com
Visit me at my blog: http://bramblestitches.blogspot.com/
Go to Top of Page

Fabulous Farm Femmes
True Blue Farmgirl

792 Posts

Diane
Lakebay, Tacoma WA
792 Posts

Posted - Jan 13 2006 :  12:53:23 AM  Show Profile  Send Fabulous Farm Femmes an AOL message
I don't know if she will publically speak at the awards ceremony (probably won't be able to find a strapless bra for her HUGE udders to fit under the evening gown)(there is a mental picture!)but that's nice of you to concede. I am PRETTY sure she is certainly much WIDER than you at this point ...huh, Jenny!
Go to Top of Page

Aunt Jenny
True Blue Farmgirl

11381 Posts

Jenny
middle of Utah
USA
11381 Posts

Posted - Jan 13 2006 :  07:06:52 AM  Show Profile
Oh my yes. Annie...you don't want to be as wide as Mona..but heck..I am pretty sure you could do a better job on a speech. She sure can spread the slobber though..if that counts.

Jenny in Utah
http://www.auntjennysworld.blogspot.com/ visit my little online shop at www.auntjenny.etsy.com
Go to Top of Page

Fabulous Farm Femmes
True Blue Farmgirl

792 Posts

Diane
Lakebay, Tacoma WA
792 Posts

Posted - Jan 14 2006 :  9:30:00 PM  Show Profile  Send Fabulous Farm Femmes an AOL message
GROSS!!!!

There is a new weight loss management tool for me: imagine cow slobber!!!!!!
Go to Top of Page

junebug
True Blue Farmgirl

2421 Posts

Sue
West Plains, Mo.
USA
2421 Posts

Posted - Jan 19 2006 :  04:53:00 AM  Show Profile
Rats, I just cleaned up and organized my sewing corner last week! lol

" Aspire to Inspire before you Expire"

www.herbalfarmstead.blogspot.com

www.countrypleasures.motime.com
Go to Top of Page

Julia
True Blue Farmgirl

1949 Posts

Julia
Shelton WA
USA
1949 Posts

Posted - Jan 19 2006 :  11:55:03 AM  Show Profile
My craft area is 24in x 56in, with dinky drawers down each side.It holds,my sewing machine, jars of buttons, all my beads, paint brushes a bulletin board full of pixs and plnety of UFO's. Everythihng else is crammed in a closet,not close by. I will try ot post a pix, not very computer literate. The biggest mess came the other morning when we woke up to find that the skylight over my craft area was leaking in two spots. It just missed my treadle machine,but ran down into 4 drawers. EEE! It was amazing how much stuff I have crammed into the drawers. The room looked like it threw up with the stuff laying around drying out. Sun today, no drips for now. Hoping DH gets up on the roof to de-drip it.

"...the setting sun is like going into the very presence of God." Elizabeth Von Arnim
Go to Top of Page

Bridge
True Blue Farmgirl

814 Posts

Bridgette
Southern Indiana
USA
814 Posts

Posted - Jan 19 2006 :  12:14:10 PM  Show Profile
Ok this is my Office/Craft room. I sure hope this gives me some motivation to get it organized!! It is a really small room and I feel I have too much furniture. But DH got me the ivory lateral files and I love them. But I have been toying with the idea of ditching the desk and maybe putting a top on the files to use them like a desk???
Who knows, I would also love to paint this room, but DH says that's silly and to save the $$ for the new house down the road :( I might still paint ya never know!!
Ok, I'm kinda It is very messy, Thank goodness for doors!!

Edited by - Bridge on Jan 20 2006 09:18:04 AM
Go to Top of Page

KarenP
True Blue Farmgirl

666 Posts

Karen
Chippewa Falls Wisconsin
USA
666 Posts

Posted - Jan 22 2006 :  07:29:14 AM  Show Profile
Welcome to my mess!

As you can see there's lot's stuff!
KarenP

"Purest Spring Water in the World"
Go to Top of Page

junebug
True Blue Farmgirl

2421 Posts

Sue
West Plains, Mo.
USA
2421 Posts

Posted - Jan 22 2006 :  11:27:24 AM  Show Profile
What a great mess!!!

" Aspire to Inspire before you Expire"

www.herbalfarmstead.blogspot.com

www.countrypleasures.motime.com
Go to Top of Page

GardenWitch
Farmgirl in Training

21 Posts

Michelle
Gaston OR
USA
21 Posts

Posted - Jan 29 2006 :  08:35:29 AM  Show Profile
I'm going to admit to my ignorance because I'm DYING to know--what does UFO stand for?

Whatever it is, judging by the pictures I have plenty ... my poor partner has to endure all of my mess taking up half of the LIVING ROOM!

To forget how to dig the earth and to tend the soil is to forget ourselves. --Gandhi
Go to Top of Page

realme52
True Blue Farmgirl

106 Posts

Klara
Gatesville Texas
USA
106 Posts

Posted - Jan 29 2006 :  09:31:43 AM  Show Profile
I just discovered this thread and I got two words for you: "I won!" hahaha.
(I don't know how to post pictures or I would show you!)

From this hour I ordain myself loss'd of limits and immaginary lines. Walt Whitman
Go to Top of Page

AnnieT
True Blue Farmgirl

287 Posts

Annie

287 Posts

Posted - Jan 29 2006 :  10:31:44 AM  Show Profile
UFO: UN-Finished Object

Bramblestitches Store: www.bramblestitches.etsy.com
My blog: http://bramblestitches.blogspot.com/
Go to Top of Page

thehouseminder
True Blue Farmgirl

361 Posts

USA
361 Posts

Posted - Feb 06 2006 :  10:45:06 AM  Show Profile
Awww! Rats!

For the first time in my life I actually have the whole sewing room organized. I spent hours sorting through things while I was laid up in bed last month.

I guess I lose. (Psssst. I think I liked it better when it was messy. Now I'm a little reluctant to work in it and mess it up!)

Lucinda

When we were young, there were moments of such perfectly crystallized happiness that we stood stock still and silently promised ourselves that we would remember them always. And we did. --Holly J. Burkhalter , "Four Midwestern Sisters' Christmas Book"

Go to Top of Page

Bridge
True Blue Farmgirl

814 Posts

Bridgette
Southern Indiana
USA
814 Posts

Posted - Feb 06 2006 :  11:34:33 AM  Show Profile
I actually spent quite a few hours yesterday cleaning in my office/craft room.
But you can not really tell it!! I cleaned thru all the lateral file drawers and organized. I actually ended up with one empty which is what I wanted!! I put my printer, paper & scanner in the empty drawer.

How many spools of ribbon does one farmgirl need????? Oh well, I took them off the big bulky spools and folded them nicely in a box. That reduced the amount of space they took up.

I also have decided to get rid of my desk
I am planning on moving the lateral files along the wall with a window and then adding a counter top the full length of the wall. I think the end result will look a lot more streamlined!!

Next things to do-on my office cleanup list:
Finish painting birdhouse
Sort thru stacks of magazines & x-stitch books. Scan in articles I want to keep and list others on Ioffer. (I started and listed a few items)
Organize Cd's, does anyone have any good ideas on this? (They are without the hard cases)

I also got some things listed on Ioffer last night. Click on the link in my signature to go to my store. During my organizing you never know what you might find out there!! Plus I am always willing to trade with my farmgirls on items in my store!!

~~My Blog~~

Bridge's Bargins~Click to see
Go to Top of Page

thehouseminder
True Blue Farmgirl

361 Posts

USA
361 Posts

Posted - Feb 06 2006 :  11:46:35 AM  Show Profile
quote:
How many spools of ribbon does one farmgirl need?????

ALL OF THEM!!!!

When we were young, there were moments of such perfectly crystallized happiness that we stood stock still and silently promised ourselves that we would remember them always. And we did. --Holly J. Burkhalter , "Four Midwestern Sisters' Christmas Book"

Go to Top of Page

cajungal
True Blue Farmgirl

2349 Posts

Houston Area Texas
2349 Posts

Posted - Feb 22 2006 :  5:32:10 PM  Show Profile
I posted a while back, took the pics, just got'em developed and on cd......now ready for posting. I've never posted pics before so I sure hope I do this right.

Okay, not working. I'll go take the tutorial.

Blessings
Catherine

One of the best compliments from one of my daughters: "Moma, you smell good...like dirt."
Go to Top of Page

brightmeadow
True Blue Farmgirl

2045 Posts

Brenda
Lucas Ohio
USA
2045 Posts

Posted - Feb 22 2006 :  5:53:56 PM  Show Profile
OMG I have to show this to my DH he thought I was the only one!

Karen, I have the plastic bins starting to migrate to his garage
and the knitting machines have taken over the basement and the 3rd
bedroom... The embroidery machine, serger, and zigzag sewing
machine rotate between two tables... I don't have a loom but was
just looking at one on the Webs web site and trying to figure out
where I could put it...I even have almost the same blue chair as you
do!

I have considered buying an old run-down farm just so I have some
buildings to store my "stuff" in - or renting some second-floor
office space downtown...

UFO's I have a sweater that I've been working on for 7 years - I
love the color and the fiber but am not working from any real
pattern and think I don't quite have enough yarn to finish...

I finally finished a knitted bunny rabbit this year and gave it to
my two-year old grandson for Christmas. Is buying purchased doll
clothes at Michael's, instead of knitting them myself, considered
cheating? I started the bunny about 5 years ago.

I have an embroidered picture of Amish goose girls that's been
started but on the shelf for over 15 years... it's moved with me 3
times now.

The worst part is I actually bought someone else's UFO's at an
auction - I have half-finished embroidery and an ugly green acrylic
ripple afghan that is two feet by 6 feet.

Is there any help for me?

You shall eat the fruit of the labor of your hands - You shall be happy and it shall be well with you. -Psalm 128.2
Visit my web site store at http://www.watkinsonline.com/fish or my homepage at http://home.earthlink.net/~brightmeadow

Edited by - brightmeadow on Feb 22 2006 7:31:12 PM
Go to Top of Page

cajungal
True Blue Farmgirl

2349 Posts

Houston Area Texas
2349 Posts

Posted - Feb 22 2006 :  6:05:58 PM  Show Profile
Okay, I've read the instructions at tech support, I'm loaded up at photobucket and trying to post...here it goes. This is the first of 5 pictures. I'll show ya'll all 4 walls and then an overall room shot. Be afraid, be very afraid.

This wall houses a t.v., school resources, a computer, school supplies, art supplies, two fish and a frog.

This wall has a dresser used for video and dvd storage, ironing, books, and stacks of rubbermaid boxes with fabric and such.

More books, exercise machine, boxes of supplies

Here is the second computer, more books (I think there's a total of 2500 books in the whole house....I need intervention!)

3 sewing machines and a serger, sewing and crafting supplies....calligraphy, watercolor, stitchwork, etc..., shelves of fabric

What you don't see is the big 5ft round table in the middle of the room. This room is always messy and always in use by someone.

Blessings
Catherine

3rd attempt at edit to try to reduce the size of the pics.

Edited by - cajungal on Feb 22 2006 8:38:48 PM
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 2 Stitching & Crafting Room: Previous Topic Let's have a contest..who's got the most UFO's?? Next Topic  
Next Page
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page