jenny louise
True Blue Farmgirl

166 Posts

jennifer
cass city MI
USA
166 Posts

Posted - Jan 10 2006 :  02:34:59 AM  Show Profile
I have posted a few new topics and then I have gotten confirmation via e-mail that there are replies, but when i get to the forum, they aren't there. I have given it two days and still no show, even though they are numbered on the reply line. I go in and only my original post is there. I know for a fact that i have had at least three replies.
This happens alot, am i doing something wrong?
I go into the snitz page and hit active topics, I have also gone into the beginning page and then into the appropriate heading, such as barnyard buddies, and still the same outcome.
Help! Jenny

Carol
Moderator/MaryJane's Design Diva

452 Posts

Carol
Moscow Idaho
USA
452 Posts

Posted - Jan 10 2006 :  09:30:43 AM  Show Profile
Hi Jenny. This sounds like a function of your browser instead of the forum. For instance, I go into the Stitching Room/Felted Wool forum and I see that there are lots of replies to your Jan. 5 posting. Maybe you have your browser set to not refresh pages? Try hitting your refresh button and see if those entries come up. If so, then you'll want to find out how to refresh your browser window automatically. What program are you using (Internet Explorer, Netscape, AOL)?
Go to Top of Page

jenny louise
True Blue Farmgirl

166 Posts

jennifer
cass city MI
USA
166 Posts

Posted - Jan 10 2006 :  5:20:19 PM  Show Profile
Hi Carol,
I think I am using internet explorer, and I have gotten your reply, obviously. I have figured out that i only don't have any show up concerning my pictures> Even when i get the e-mail that someone replied and i hit the prompt directly from my e-mail, there is no reply. I see that i have 4 replies showing in the number spot and yet nothing but my post and picture.
But, on the bright side,I am getting replies from regular posts, i think.
How do I go about refreshing my browser?
Jenny
P.S., thanks for the help
Go to Top of Page

Carol
Moderator/MaryJane's Design Diva

452 Posts

Carol
Moscow Idaho
USA
452 Posts

Posted - Jan 10 2006 :  6:03:30 PM  Show Profile
Hi Jenny. On my version of Internet Explorer, I have a little icon at the top of the screen that has 2 arrows going around in a circle, right next to the red "x" and to the right of the "back" button. Just hit that and it will refresh the page.

But to set this so that it automatically refreshes when you revisit any page, just pull down the "tools" menu and choose "internet options." Then under the "general" tab, and under the "temporary internet files," click on the "settings" button. You should see a list of options for "check for newer versions of stored pages" -- here click on the button for "automatically" -- then back out of those pages by clicking on the "okay" or "apply" buttons on each screen -- that will automatically set your browser to refresh each page so that you see newer content each time you visit. I'll bet yours is set on "never."

Hopefully, this will work!
Carol

"Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in an attractive and well-preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, chocolate in one hand, red wine in the other, body thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and screaming 'WOO HOO, what a ride!'"
Go to Top of Page

jenny louise
True Blue Farmgirl

166 Posts

jennifer
cass city MI
USA
166 Posts

Posted - Jan 11 2006 :  02:23:05 AM  Show Profile
Wow, Carol, you are so right. It was set on never. How wonderful of you!!!!Thanks a whole great big huge bunch!
Jenny
Go to Top of Page
  Technical Support: Previous Topic Posts not showing up Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page