Save Password        REGISTER
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 General Chat Forum
 Across the Fence
 tea party with my 2 year old daughter
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Across the Fence: Previous Topic tea party with my 2 year old daughter Next Topic  

julia hayes
True Blue Farmgirl

1132 Posts

julia
medical lake wa
USA
1132 Posts

Posted - Jan 09 2006 :  7:40:12 PM  Show Profile
Today was a day of pure delight! My daughter received a little tin tea set for christmas. today I set it up in her room on her little table and left it wondering when she'd notice it. When we were getting ready for bed-time she immediately saw it and exclaimed, (no exaggeration) "Ooooh tea, let's hav'sum!!" She proceeded to pour tea and serve bisquits..the whole nine yards..how she knew how to do all of this was beyond me. she served tea for myself, her dada and older brother. It was the sweetest most joyful moment of my day. The pure imaginative innocence of children is so precious and I'm grateful that I get to be home with my children to share every single moment!
I just had to share.. Have a lovely evening all.. Julia Hayes

being simple to simply be

Rebekka Mae
True Blue Farmgirl

965 Posts

Rebekka
Moscow ID
USA
965 Posts

Posted - Jan 09 2006 :  8:04:43 PM  Show Profile
Julia- Too precious! My little girl- Isabella, is 2 and a half and loves to make us 'presents' form her kitchen- usually eggs and lemons 'cooked' together. She has her Daddy make her real tea every morning (our co-op has kids teas) and they welcome the day together with their drinks. It is such a blessing to be home for all these little wonders. Next time you head down our way stop by for a tea party with us.
Be Well, Rebekka
Go to Top of Page

cajungal
True Blue Farmgirl

2349 Posts

Catherine Farmgirl Sister #76
Houston Area Texas
2349 Posts

Posted - Jan 10 2006 :  05:39:27 AM  Show Profile
Julia, what a great memory. She will remember these times forever. How precious of you to go to the effort for her. Not many people take the time to do such special things for young children.

My daughters and I have tea time several times a month. Years ago, they thought it was so lame. Now, they do all the setting up and prep. of food. It has grown to something beyond just the tea experience.....it has become a most precious time of them sharing their hearts. Somehow, the simple tradition and intimacy of the atmosphere tends to build a great bond. They share things with me and ask questions that may not ever have another opportunity to come up.

Another thing we do is pass journals back and forth. I started when they were young, around 4 yrs. I would write very simple things like "I Love You" or write about what I was proud of them for. The journal would then be put on their pillow, thus signaling it is their turn. At the young ages they usually scribbled or drew pictures. They would tell me what it all meant and I'd write it down for them. Those girls are now 13 and 10. Much like the tea, the private journals to each other have opened a great avenue of conversation. I feel like it's Christmas when I see a journal on my pillow. My hubby and I started one a couple of years ago. It ends up being similar to love letters....all kinds of gushy stuff.

A good tea book is Emily Barnes "If Teacups Could Talk" We read excerpts from it during our teas. It think she also has a children's tea book.

Blessings
Catherine

One of the best compliments from one of my daughters: "Moma, you smell good...like dirt."
Go to Top of Page

CabinCreek-Kentucky
True Blue Farmgirl

8529 Posts

Frannie
Green County Kentucky
USA
8529 Posts

Posted - Jan 10 2006 :  07:22:36 AM  Show Profile
girls .. a fun memory is to keep on hand some 'hats' and 'gloves' and a gaudy purse .. for your tea-parties. i was always "Mrs. Rosebush" and my granddaughter was "Mrs. Flower" .. and of course, we created 'personalities' for our characters .. Mrs. Rosebush was a very proper 'church lady' with 'spectacles' which always slipped half-way down her nose .. and she spoke in a high-pitched voice. Between giggles, Mrs. Flower had many personalities .. and coming from a little one .. that would set me to giggling too.

My little granddaughter just turned NINETEEN yesterday .. and still she will call me on the phone and ask for Mrs. Rosebush! You are making grande memories girlfriends .. be sure to take photos too!

True Friends, Frannie
Go to Top of Page

blueroses
True Blue Farmgirl

1323 Posts

Debbie
in the Pandhandle of Idaho
USA
1323 Posts

Posted - Jan 10 2006 :  11:27:11 AM  Show Profile
Rebekka,

Do you have your own co-op in Pullman, or do you go to the one in Moscow? I love going there when visiting. Wish we had one up here. I wouldn't know how to even begin.

Debbie

"You cannot find peace...by avoiding life."
Virginia Woolfe
Go to Top of Page

Whimsy_girl
True Blue Farmgirl

576 Posts

USA
576 Posts

Posted - Jan 10 2006 :  1:03:07 PM  Show Profile
Julia I didn't realize you had a 2 year old too!

Being both farmgirls and both with little ones we need to get together!

Thats it!! I'm getting off my butt and having our first farmgirl chapter meeting! How does Friday, January 20th sound to you? You can bring your daughter too. Our house is VERY kid friendly. I'll post this in the proper place, but I thought I'd ask while it's rattling around in my head. What time of day works best with you?

you can be oh so smart, or you can be oh so positive. I wasted a lot of time being smart I prefer being positive.
Go to Top of Page

julia hayes
True Blue Farmgirl

1132 Posts

julia
medical lake wa
USA
1132 Posts

Posted - Jan 10 2006 :  1:57:13 PM  Show Profile
Bobbi, this sounds great!! Friday the 20th works for me and virtually any time of the day is fine, too, provided I can bring my kids. I try to plan 'adventure days' for the kids where we do a little road trip or something. This sounds perfect!! Tell me what time and we'll be there. What I wouldn't do to be able to do something like this without kids but the likelihood of that right now is pretty slim.. such is the life of a farmgirl!!!Also tell me what to bring!
Just to be clear too: We have a 4 year old son, a 2 year old daughter, 5 cats, 5 dogs and 14 chickens. Life here is managed chaos that makes us happy to no end!! Peace, Julia Hayes

being simple to simply be
Go to Top of Page

Whimsy_girl
True Blue Farmgirl

576 Posts

USA
576 Posts

Posted - Jan 10 2006 :  2:03:22 PM  Show Profile
Cool beans. I posted a note on my Happy Apple chapter page asking anyone interested to get back to me on a time and I will let you know the exact time soon. As far as things to bring I can't think of much other than ideas, and any pictures of crafty stuff you have done because I am going to make a little scrapbook thing for MJ's farm of craft ideas. If you don't have any handy though thats ok too. I know how hard it can be to do things like that when there are little ones underfoot.

I'll have snacks so don't worry about that. Just so I know, your kids don't have any peanut allergies do they?

you can be oh so smart, or you can be oh so positive. I wasted a lot of time being smart I prefer being positive.

Edited by - Whimsy_girl on Jan 10 2006 2:15:44 PM
Go to Top of Page
  Across the Fence: Previous Topic tea party with my 2 year old daughter Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page