Save Password        REGISTER
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 General Chat Forum
 Farm Kitchen
 cast iron saucepan source needed for the bread
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Farm Kitchen: Previous Topic cast iron saucepan source needed for the bread Next Topic  

FarmgalApril
Farmgirl at Heart

3 Posts

April

3 Posts

Posted - Feb 09 2009 :  5:05:17 PM  Show Profile  Click to see FarmgalApril's MSN Messenger address
Does anyone know where I can buy the 1.5 quart cast iron saucepan that is pictured in the no-knead Artisan Bread recipe? Or, has anyone adjusted the recipe to fit into the 1 quart saucepan with the frying pan lid??

Thanks for your help!

Newbie Farmgal April in NJ

willowtreecreek
True Blue Farmgirl

4813 Posts

Julie
Russell AR
USA
4813 Posts

Posted - Feb 09 2009 :  5:56:50 PM  Show Profile
Here is a 2 qt size one. I have never used this company before so I have no idea of the quality of the product.

http://www.cajuncastiron.com/eshop/10Expand.asp?ProductCode=10491AS

Farmgirl Sister #17
Blog
www.willowtreecreek.wordpress.com
Go to Top of Page

willowtreecreek
True Blue Farmgirl

4813 Posts

Julie
Russell AR
USA
4813 Posts

Posted - Feb 09 2009 :  5:59:49 PM  Show Profile
If you prefer to order from Amazon here is the same pot from them
http://www.amazon.com/Cajun-Cookware-Seasoned-Sauce-Handle/dp/B000EWD18M/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&s=home-garden&qid=1234231101&sr=1-1

Farmgirl Sister #17
Blog
www.willowtreecreek.wordpress.com
Go to Top of Page

Teacher Mommy
Farmgirl at Heart

7 Posts

Linda
Santa Cruz CA
USA
7 Posts

Posted - Feb 11 2009 :  10:30:53 PM  Show Profile
Whoops. So funny! I thought I was in this thread and I posted a thought about the sourdough starter. Unfortunately, I was reading the weather threads at the time!! So much for my "mad" new posting skills! Well, if you are trying the bread and have some suggestions for me, read my lost post in the weather section and have a good laugh at my expense. What a newbie.

Incidentally, I cooked my "bad" loaf in an old dutch oven that would be like a bigger-sized cast iron pan than the one described in the article and the crust came out quite crunchy. The loaf never touched the sides of the pan because of it's size so it acted like a large, tall-sided cookie sheet, but made the same yummy crust.
Go to Top of Page
  Farm Kitchen: Previous Topic cast iron saucepan source needed for the bread Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page