Pamntx
Farmgirl at Heart

6 Posts

Pam
Deer Park Texas
USA
6 Posts

Posted - Sep 30 2004 :  5:38:48 PM  Show Profile
my husband and myself are moving to his grandmother's home on two acres of land, something I have longed to do my entire life. Will be an adjustment for me as I have always lived within a city or suburb, but living in the country has always been in my heart. I'm looking forward to hearing from anyone who has made this transition and welcome any suggestions or ideas that may help. Also, just joined this forum and looking forward to exciting ideas and making friends.

LadyCrystal
True Blue Farmgirl

593 Posts

Alicia
Rhode Island
USA
593 Posts

Posted - Sep 30 2004 :  6:58:44 PM  Show Profile
Welcome Pam,
I moved from the city to the country two years ago and I love it.I always wanted a farm as a little girl and finally got it.Good luck with the moved.
Alicia

Follow your dreams
Go to Top of Page

Eileen
True Blue Farmgirl

1199 Posts

Eileen

USA
1199 Posts

Posted - Sep 30 2004 :  7:29:03 PM  Show Profile
Welcome Pam,
We made the move several years ago. It has been an adventure!
We are finally getting a working well this year. We have been hauling our water for 5 years or so. Wouldn't have missed the ride for anything.
Eileen

songbird
Go to Top of Page

frannie
True Blue Farmgirl

2246 Posts

fran
bonham texas
USA
2246 Posts

Posted - Sep 30 2004 :  11:15:51 PM  Show Profile  Send frannie a Yahoo! Message
welcome pam, and congratulations on the move to the country,i grew up not far from deer park and i think you might miss the gulf coast but north east texas is wonderful and has clean air!
i have lived in the country for 14 years and escaped from the city, plano without much regret.
my farm is about 10 years old for me and while it has been slow going at times it has been a continual blessing. among other things it has taught me to slow down and be patient. i have had all the country dreams and read and tried and retried and have lots of answers, alot of them about what doesnt work! but i'd love to keep hearing from you as you make the move to the country. my first advise would be, enjoy!
keep in touch, frannie
Go to Top of Page

Kim
True Blue Farmgirl

146 Posts

Kim
Pflugerville Texas
USA
146 Posts

Posted - Oct 01 2004 :  4:22:15 PM  Show Profile
Pam
Welcome to the family! One of the easiest ways I've found to search out ideas and see what everyone else is talking about, is to subscribe to each of the topics. I get e-mail postings every day when someone posts to a forum. It's great way to keep up on all the topics and the wealth of information these friendly folks have brought to the site.

farmgirl@heart

Be at peace with yourself and the rest will follow
Go to Top of Page

connio
True Blue Farmgirl

535 Posts

connie
springtown texas
USA
535 Posts

Posted - Oct 02 2004 :  3:24:46 PM  Show Profile
Welcome Pam It is so nice to have one more Texas farmgirl--our numbers seems to be growing. I live in Parker County, northwest of Fort Worth; just moved out here Dec 03. I lived in Dallas for 23 years. I am blissfully happy in the country--cleaner air, open spaces, nicer people--I could go on for ever. I have 6.5 acres but do not farm at this point. My pasture is essentially a wildlife area now, but I eventually hope to plant cut flowers and dozens of antique rosebushes.

cozycottage
Go to Top of Page

Eileen
True Blue Farmgirl

1199 Posts

Eileen

USA
1199 Posts

Posted - Oct 02 2004 :  4:50:30 PM  Show Profile
Connio,
I can smell the roses from here! I love the antiques and have several here too. My friend gave me a cutting of a wonderful old moss rose two years ago and it blooms profusly with the most fragrant perfume!
We have also got at least 5 varieties of wild rose that bloom here in the areas we have left for the wildlife. They have very fragrant blooms as well as wonderful hips that I harvest in the fall and dry for winter use.
Eileen

songbird
Go to Top of Page
  **Welcome Wagon: Previous Topic moving to the country Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page