True Blue Farmgirl

17161 Posts

Grace
WACAL Gal WashCalif.
USA
17161 Posts

Posted - Feb 07 2009 :  10:11:15 AM  Show Profile
I miss my bike, my motorcyle....
Hubby & I use to ride together on the weekends and I had a few girlfriends that I would ride with as well. We would meet up for coffee at a Starbucks and on longer rides we would ride the Pacific Coast Hwy (PCH) out to Malibu for lunch at one of the many little sea side eateries or up to the Ojai Valley via the winding roads through the Avacado & Orange orchards.. ...gosh I miss those days.
DH & I sold our bikes 2 years ago before retiring & moving up here to Washington. We keep talking about getting new bikes but until we pay off the tractor, no new toys....
I sometimes wonder if moving up here was the right thing to do,,,I guess only time will tell.
Here is my bike, she was a dream to ride. My first bike was a Honda 500, then I bought a Suzuki Murader 800 but it was front heavy so I sold it & bought a Yamaha V-Star 650 that rode like a dream... and now I am bikeless, I have to jump on the ATV 250 (w 3-wheeler) to get my sort of bike fix....
Gosh I hate being an adult,,,,I wanna be a silly carefree kid again.

>^..^< Happiness is being a katmom.
"I've never met a sewing machine I didn't like!"
mjf#72
Sisters on the Fly#472
www.katmom4.blogspot.com

Alee
True Blue Farmgirl

22941 Posts

Alee
Worland Wy
USA
22941 Posts

Posted - Feb 07 2009 :  10:24:09 AM  Show Profile  Send Alee a Yahoo! Message
Grace- I bet you will have one in no time! *hugs*

Alee
Farmgirl Sister #8
www.awarmheart.com
Please come visit Nora and me on our blog: www.farmgirlalee.blogspot.com
Put your pin on the farmgirl map! www.farmgirlmap.blogspot.com
Go to Top of Page

kristin sherrill
True Blue Farmgirl

11303 Posts

kristin
chickamauga ga
USA
11303 Posts

Posted - Feb 07 2009 :  10:44:32 AM  Show Profile
That is a nice looking bike. I am sure you will have another soon. It's in the blood.

When I first met my hubby, he had a beautiful black HD Lowrider. I thing that's what got my attention first. Well, ok, I did fall in love with the bike first. Ok. I confessed. So we had it for about 6 more years and he got laid off and times were hard and it had to go. We couldn't get us and 2 kids on at the same time. So we sold it.

Now last year, almost 22 years later, he just had to have another one. It was killing him. So right at Christmas he got a Hd Road King Classic. It's a beauty. But it sits in the garage looking good there. He's a truck driver and home every other week. But now he's home on sick leave and the poor guy can't ride because of where his wound is. Not a good idea right now. He'll go out in the garage and crank her up. That works for awhile.

I am sure you will have another bike soon. You just have to.

Kris

Turn your face to the sun and the shadows fall behind you. Maori proverb
Go to Top of Page

wild daisy
True Blue Farmgirl

503 Posts

Madelynne
Billings Montana
USA
503 Posts

Posted - Feb 07 2009 :  2:15:56 PM  Show Profile
When I was dating my husband he had a 650 Yamaha and I loved it. We went everywhere on it when it was warm enough. After we got married he sold it so I could have a car to get to work with. What a gem he is. Now after 25+ years of marriage I want another bike but for myself this time. He laughs some day he says but I really wish someday could be now. Anyway I might get one when he retires from Meadow Gold Dairy in Billings in three and a half years and we move back to Kalispell. If it happens I'll come over for a ride sometime.

Madelynne

johnandmadelynne.blogspot.com
Go to Top of Page

Nancy Gartenman
True Blue Farmgirl

9093 Posts

Nancy
West Seneca New York
USA
9093 Posts

Posted - Feb 07 2009 :  3:29:00 PM  Show Profile
Well I'M NOT A BIG BIKE FAN. I'M STILL BIG ON THE TRYCICLE. ha But I'm sorry you miss your big girl bike. I can see where when you love something and give it up, you miss it.
NANCY JO

www.Nancy-Jo.blogspot.com
Go to Top of Page

katmom
True Blue Farmgirl

17161 Posts

Grace
WACAL Gal WashCalif.
USA
17161 Posts

Posted - Feb 07 2009 :  8:36:11 PM  Show Profile
yep, I pretty much was Spoiled with my Toys!!!I have to wait at least 2 years before I can think about buying another bike...that is when our Tractor will be almost paid off, but when I do, I'll give a holler for some crazy bike ridin' farm girls to come ride with me.

mjf#72
Sisters on the Fly#472
www.katmom4.blogspot.com

Edited by - katmom on Feb 07 2009 8:36:41 PM
Go to Top of Page

khartquilt
True Blue Farmgirl

1176 Posts

USA
1176 Posts

Posted - Feb 08 2009 :  5:35:23 PM  Show Profile
Grace,
I thought that my husband was the only one to refer to his garage kept motorized vehicles as "toys".
We have a total of 3 old cars and two daily drivers. And we have 4 motorcycles. One is mine. It is my girly bike. It’s a 1988 535 virago. I only 5 foot 1. I would love to get a newer bike with more power. When Jeff is on the FJ 1200 I really have to gun it to keep up.
We love to go to the big bike show in NY each year. Check my blog for photos.
Gosh, I wish I could ride to work ever day.

But you are in Washington. You must have beautiful roads to ride on.
Tell your husband to become un-retired and purchase you a new bike. There is nothing better then a windy road on a warm summer day to clear your head.
I am 47. I hope to be riding until I’m 74. God willing.....

Kathy H
Farmgirl Sister #81
"To the world you may be one person, but to one person you may be the world..." (anomymous)
http://khartquilt.blogspot.com
Go to Top of Page

katmom
True Blue Farmgirl

17161 Posts

Grace
WACAL Gal WashCalif.
USA
17161 Posts

Posted - Feb 08 2009 :  7:46:22 PM  Show Profile
haha!, Kathy I am 54, & hope the same thing.....
The scenery up here is beautiful but let me tell you, I have seen more motorcycle involved accidents up here then where we use to live. We also have a vintage car, a 1954 Chevy bel Air. She is usually parked in the Man Cave till the weather gets nice. Us & our toys...hee hee hee....
now I am off to see your blog...

mjf#72
Sisters on the Fly#472
www.katmom4.blogspot.com

Go to Top of Page

katmom
True Blue Farmgirl

17161 Posts

Grace
WACAL Gal WashCalif.
USA
17161 Posts

Posted - Feb 08 2009 :  7:55:08 PM  Show Profile
ok, I am back....luv your craft room....you have been a very busy girl!
I luv Bike shows! Looks like you had fun in the Limo.
>^..^<

mjf#72
Sisters on the Fly#472
www.katmom4.blogspot.com

Go to Top of Page
  Across the Fence: Previous Topic I Miss My Bike... Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page