cecelia
True Blue Farmgirl

497 Posts

cecelia
new york
USA
497 Posts

Posted - Sep 26 2004 :  2:40:18 PM  Show Profile
Today is my birthday (39 again, darn it!) and I'm wondering if any of the other farmgirls are having a birthday. Do you do anything special for the day, or just forget it, if you're older. Just staying home today, not doing anything special...

Cecelia

ce's farm

"Curiosity is one of the forms of feminine bravery" Victor Hugo

Clare
True Blue Farmgirl

2173 Posts

NC WA State
USA
2173 Posts

Posted - Sep 26 2004 :  3:20:48 PM  Show Profile
Hope you're having a special day anyway, Cecelia... at least take a nice bubble bath. My birthdays are pretty uneventful as of late... but I always make it a point to do something I like.
Happy Birthday!

****Gardener, Stitcher, Spiritual Explorer and Appreciator of all Things Natural****

"Begin to weave and God will give the thread." - German Proverb
Go to Top of Page

Kim
True Blue Farmgirl

146 Posts

Kim
Pflugerville Texas
USA
146 Posts

Posted - Sep 26 2004 :  3:29:38 PM  Show Profile
Happy Birthday!!!!
Since my birthday is close to my girlfriend's husbands birthday and her is the day before my boyfriend's, we always celebrate together. Mine is in November and Scott's is October. We usually go out to eat, nothing else special. Then in April we celebrate Norm's and Kristi's the same way.

farmgirl@heart
Longaberger Lover and all things antique
Go to Top of Page

Aunt Jenny
True Blue Farmgirl

11381 Posts

Jenny
middle of Utah
USA
11381 Posts

Posted - Sep 26 2004 :  10:33:17 PM  Show Profile
Happy Birthday Cecelia!! We have 4 birthdays close together in our family this time of year...oldest daugher turned 10 on Sept 21, my birthday is Oct. 1(funny how I am turning 39 again just like you!! ), and younger daughter turns 8 on Oct. 3rd. my husband's birthday is on Oct. 23rd. My best freind here also has hers on Oct. 9th. The two of us always go out to lunch in between mine and hers and then on mine sometimes my husband and I (or the whole family sometimes) go out to supper...but I don't know.We are really big on birthdays in my family and go all out, but I refuse to bake my own cake so I always wait to see what happens. Last year my daughter in law did it, and the year before one of my nieces. But we always have a big family party for sure. (whether I like it or not)

Jenny in Utah

Bloom where you are planted!
Go to Top of Page

cecelia
True Blue Farmgirl

497 Posts

cecelia
new york
USA
497 Posts

Posted - Sep 28 2004 :  6:58:12 PM  Show Profile
Gee, it seems like a lot of people have birthdays in the Fall or winter months....there must have been a lot of cold winters some years back!

Cecelia

ce's farm

Go to Top of Page

Eileen
True Blue Farmgirl

1199 Posts

Eileen

USA
1199 Posts

Posted - Sep 29 2004 :  09:22:14 AM  Show Profile
Happy belated birthday Cecelia,
I hope you did something nice for yourself. We are also a family of fall birthdays. My oldest son on Sept.11 my husband on Oct9 and my daughter on Oct14. I always send my son who lives in Iowa a ready to bake cake made especially for diabetics. A recipe that I put together in 2 parts and he has to add the liquid and eggs then bake in a loaf pan. He loves it and feels special. On my birthday which is in January my husband usually bakes the cake which has often resulted in amusing tales to tell later on when it is funny but not right away while the painful or embarasing memory is present. God love him, he still does it after all these years and even though I know he will do it he still tries to keep it a secret.
Hope you had a wonderful day!
Eileen

songbird
Go to Top of Page

MeadowLark
True Blue Farmgirl

2206 Posts

USA
2206 Posts

Posted - Oct 02 2004 :  3:55:48 PM  Show Profile
Happy Birthday Cecelia! I love Fall birthdays! My daughters were born in the fall. Oldest is 22 October 5th, and youngest is 12 November 13th. My dear sister in laws are October 1st and Oct. 22nd. Yes, we have cold winters here in January and February.

Time Flies
Go to Top of Page

Eileen
True Blue Farmgirl

1199 Posts

Eileen

USA
1199 Posts

Posted - Oct 02 2004 :  4:45:27 PM  Show Profile
My husband will be 59 next week and since his birthday will fall on one of his work days I am planning a special birthday breakfast for him tomorrow. I have invited some friends over for breakfast at 10.00 am and am fixing a belgium waffle breakfast in his honor. This entails a raised belgium waffle batter with whipped eggwhites folded in at the last minute as well as a peach melba syrup I make from fresh peaches and fresh raspberries( believe it or not I got a pint of raspberries from my plants this morning) and turbinado sugar. I will also be whipping cream for the waffles and cooking bacon. I have decided to serve the peach nectar in our crystal wine gobblets and the syrup in a crystal pitcher. I put curled ribbon streamers on the gobblets and there will be streamers on the table as well. He doesn't even suspect what is happening. Can't wait to see his face.
Eileen

songbird
Go to Top of Page

cecelia
True Blue Farmgirl

497 Posts

cecelia
new york
USA
497 Posts

Posted - Oct 04 2004 :  2:25:15 PM  Show Profile
More Fall birthdays! Wish your husband a happy one for me. Sounds like a wonderful time, and the peach melba syrup I can almost taste just thinking about it.

Cecelia

ce's farm

Go to Top of Page

bramble
True Blue Farmgirl

2044 Posts

2044 Posts

Posted - Oct 05 2004 :  11:18:13 AM  Show Profile
Cecelia-- Happy belated birthday! I hope you made good use of the day and treasure the gift that each day is. My Mom was great at making the day seem special for us and I try to do that for my son too! My son and husband usually "surprise" me with a mug of jasmine tea and cinnamon toast and off we go to start our day! We might go out to dinner my choice or just stay in but gifts are usually small but thoughtful. It's close to Christmas so a big hub bub is not necessary.
I hope hope the sun shone brightly, the birds sang sweetly and a gentle breeze stirred your imagination for a wonderful day! Bramble
Go to Top of Page

Aunt Jenny
True Blue Farmgirl

11381 Posts

Jenny
middle of Utah
USA
11381 Posts

Posted - Oct 05 2004 :  11:59:46 AM  Show Profile
one of my best friends and her family brought me over a cake with 120 candles on it!! We had great fun and shared it while they were here.

Jenny in Utah

Go to Top of Page

Eileen
True Blue Farmgirl

1199 Posts

Eileen

USA
1199 Posts

Posted - Oct 05 2004 :  5:44:24 PM  Show Profile
Jenny,
What a funny thing to do! Did the 120 candles actually get lit? Did it make you feel younger?
Our Belgium Waffle breakfast turned into a late brunch as I had tried to keep it a secret so my husband scheduled for the backhoe and its driver to be here to cover our power and plumbing ditch for the well. I just called our friends and asked if they minded it being later. They were really great about it and showed up just as the guys were finishing up and the party went off without a hitch. Rodney was surprised! What fun.
Eileen

songbird
Go to Top of Page

Aunt Jenny
True Blue Farmgirl

11381 Posts

Jenny
middle of Utah
USA
11381 Posts

Posted - Oct 06 2004 :  9:27:44 PM  Show Profile
no, they never did get lit. We all were so busy laughing. She has 11 kids and so their family of 13 came walking in with that cake.
Your brunch sounds so neat...and yummy!! Surprizes are so hard to pull off!
I remember years ago when I was pregnant with my second son (who is now 24~!!) my sister in law, who was also my neighbor, planned a surprize shower for me. The census taker was going around and came to my house and when she saw how pregnant I was (baby was 9 lb. 7 oz...I was big as a house) she said..oh, the shower down the hill must be for you!! I must have looked confused. The minute she left I changed into better clothes and cleaned up some..and sure enough I got the call to go over to my sis in law's house to help her with something and there were about 20 women there. I never did tell her that I knew.

Jenny in Utah

Go to Top of Page
  Across the Fence: Previous Topic Birthday Celebrations Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page