Sitnalta
True Blue Farmgirl

4208 Posts

Jessica
NJ
USA
4208 Posts

Posted - Feb 06 2009 :  06:40:09 AM  Show Profile
Does anyone know what to take for nausea? This week has been rough and my stubborn husband won't go to bed at a reasonable hour. I have been getting more and more nauseaous (Sp?) everyday this week. I am so tired for not being able to go to sleep. I've started blacking out too, which for me is usually a sign of not enough sugar, but I'm eating normal.
I doubt its his fault, but I am soooo mad at my hubby!!! Since we are in the small trailer, there is no point in going to bed until the other one does because you can't sleep while the other one is making even a little noise. I haven't made it to bed before 12 in almost 2 weeks!!
If I say anything about it, he gets mad and an attitude.
But, I mean, geez! I really feel yucky. I can't figure out what is wrong with me.
thanks
hugs

Jessie
Farmgirl Sister #235

Stashaholics Anonymous Member since Jan. 29th, 2009 :)

Life should NOT be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in an attractive and well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, chocolate in one hand, cookies in the other, body thoroughly used up, totally worn out and screaming. "WOOHOO, What a Ride!"

Stop by my blog for a visit www.messiejessie2.blogspot.com

Amie C.
True Blue Farmgirl

2099 Posts

Finger Lakes Region NY
2099 Posts

Posted - Feb 06 2009 :  07:27:31 AM  Show Profile
Maybe it's just a stomach bug? The blacking out sounds scary, though. Are you diabetic? If so, having a bug would mess up your blood sugar levels. Or just having your blood sugar off might cause nausea (I'm not sure how to spell it either!)

I'm sure sorry for your lack of sleep. I've noticed that if I get less than 4 hours and have to be up all day afterward, I get dizzy and hear ringing in my ears at random times. So that might be doing it to you also.

Of course, if this was an old black and white movie, nausea and fainting would automatically signal that you were pregnant. Don't know if that holds true in real life, but any chance that might be it?

Go to Top of Page

Sitnalta
True Blue Farmgirl

4208 Posts

Jessica
NJ
USA
4208 Posts

Posted - Feb 06 2009 :  07:56:56 AM  Show Profile
HI Amie,
I have hypoglycemia with borderline diabetes. I usually keep a pretty good watch on the sugar if I can. We have ahd birthdays lately, so cake has been abig item. THough, I don't think it would have caused it to do this. A stomachbug might be the culprit.

Usually, when I dont get sleep, Im cranky, but I have never had it make me sick. Crazy that all these could be the causes.

Hehe..there is always the possibility of expecting. I am not late yet or anything. I am due for my "friend" in less than a week though. That would be a mixed blessing. I will have to check into all three.
Hubby is on toddler duty this weekend, all by his lonesome, so we shall see how it shall go. Hopefully, he will make out okay.

Thanks for the ideas. :)
hugs

Jessie
Farmgirl Sister #235

Life should NOT be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in an attractive and well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, chocolate in one hand, cookies in the other, body thoroughly used up, totally worn out and screaming. "WOOHOO, What a Ride!"

Go to Top of Page

prairielandherbs
True Blue Farmgirl

690 Posts

Maggie
Iowa
USA
690 Posts

Posted - Feb 06 2009 :  08:17:08 AM  Show Profile
peppermint tea is my standby....or nibble some candied ginger. those both work really well for me!
Go to Top of Page

Amie C.
True Blue Farmgirl

2099 Posts

Finger Lakes Region NY
2099 Posts

Posted - Feb 06 2009 :  08:57:09 AM  Show Profile
Yes, I use both of those too! I'm glad somebody thought about the immediate problem while I was busy thinking about underlying causes. :)
Go to Top of Page

kmbrown
True Blue Farmgirl

459 Posts

Misty
Waynesboro Pennsylvania
USA
459 Posts

Posted - Feb 06 2009 :  10:05:55 AM  Show Profile
Peppermint tea and Ritz crackers for me!! Hope you are feeling better soon! As my dad told me...you may just have the Egyptian flu! You're going to be a mummy. Ok I know, bad joke. For me, he was right!!!
Go to Top of Page

Sitnalta
True Blue Farmgirl

4208 Posts

Jessica
NJ
USA
4208 Posts

Posted - Feb 06 2009 :  10:12:24 AM  Show Profile
LOL>..Misty!! I love it!! :) I am already a "mummy" but I don't think its the cause this time. :) I think its got to be my sugar and stress. Where can I get candied ginger?? Do I need to go to a health food store for that?
Thanks girl! You've been very helpful!
hugs

Jessie
Farmgirl Sister #235

Go to Top of Page

Amie C.
True Blue Farmgirl

2099 Posts

Finger Lakes Region NY
2099 Posts

Posted - Feb 06 2009 :  12:28:38 PM  Show Profile
Depending on your grocery store, you may find it there. Try the bulk section, or the baking supplies.

I have good luck sipping a Coke too.
Go to Top of Page

babysmama
True Blue Farmgirl

931 Posts

Elizabeth
Iowa
931 Posts

Posted - Feb 06 2009 :  4:40:16 PM  Show Profile
I just saw litle tiny boxes of candied ginger at the checkout lanes of Super Target on Wednesday. They were on the shelf with the gum and candy bars, top shelf, green little box with a gopher or beaver or some kind of weird animal on it. Maybe you could find it there. Hope you feel better soon...and tell hubby you want to go to bed early tonight and would like him there to cuddle with, maybe that will get him to bed sooner!
-Elizabeth
Go to Top of Page

Sitnalta
True Blue Farmgirl

4208 Posts

Jessica
NJ
USA
4208 Posts

Posted - Feb 06 2009 :  5:08:45 PM  Show Profile
Thanks for letting me know girls! I'll be keeping an eye out. This nausea business seems to be becoming a regular thing for me..ugh!! lol
hugs

Elizabeth--good idea ;)

Jessie
Farmgirl Sister #235

Go to Top of Page

StarMeadow
True Blue Farmgirl

940 Posts

T
MI
940 Posts

Posted - Feb 07 2009 :  05:52:09 AM  Show Profile
Jessie, are you on meds for your pre-diabetes? I take an oral med for mine and check my blood sugar. I find that strong peppermint candy works well too when you don't have time for tea. Try a little peppermint essential oil (just a touch) on your temples; and be sure you don't rub your eyes!

My hubby is a nite-owl too. I use an eye cover AND an ice pack AND a pillow...when that tv is going late into the night. For those of us with medical concerns, sleep is vital. I've even taken to sleeping in my son's room if I'm really tired because it's dark/quiet.

He can be cranky all he wants. Just remember...If the Mama ain't happy...Ain't NOBODY happy!!!
Go to Top of Page

keeperofthehome
True Blue Farmgirl

154 Posts

Suzanne
Atlanta Georgia
USA
154 Posts

Posted - Feb 07 2009 :  10:01:26 AM  Show Profile
With my pregnancies I have found the Seabands to be helpful for nausea. I hope you feel better soon.

Blessings!
~Farrah

www.oldfashionedhomekeeper.blogspot.com
Go to Top of Page

StarMeadow
True Blue Farmgirl

940 Posts

T
MI
940 Posts

Posted - Feb 07 2009 :  1:21:52 PM  Show Profile
I forgot to ask you....are you dizzy? and/or experiencing vertigo with your nausea? You didn't happen to be trying to get something off a tall shelf or quickly changed your position when you fainted, did you?
Go to Top of Page

Celticheart
True Blue Farmgirl

811 Posts

Marcia
WA
USA
811 Posts

Posted - Feb 07 2009 :  8:33:14 PM  Show Profile
Ginger is the best thing to take. I grate fresh ginger into any kind of tea but I like mint best. Cover it and let it steep for about 5 minutes to release the essential oils. You can also make your own candied ginger. Just buy ginger root, peel it and cut it into slices and simmer it for about an hour in a simple syrup--1 cup water and 1 cup sugar. Then drain it and let it dry. It's good and you can also use the syrup mixed in club soda.

"Nature always has the last laugh." Mrs. Greenthumbs

Go to Top of Page

StarMeadow
True Blue Farmgirl

940 Posts

T
MI
940 Posts

Posted - Feb 08 2009 :  06:04:08 AM  Show Profile
Marcia...what a great idea. Ginger is on my shopping list!
Go to Top of Page

Celticheart
True Blue Farmgirl

811 Posts

Marcia
WA
USA
811 Posts

Posted - Feb 08 2009 :  3:45:35 PM  Show Profile
OOOH! It tastes so good too! If I'm out of the fresh for tea I just throw in a couple of pieces of the candied ginger. Yum.

"Nature always has the last laugh." Mrs. Greenthumbs

Go to Top of Page

Sitnalta
True Blue Farmgirl

4208 Posts

Jessica
NJ
USA
4208 Posts

Posted - Feb 08 2009 :  7:40:16 PM  Show Profile
Star--I am not on meds for pre-dia. I just have to watch my diet. I was actually lifting laundry baskets when the nausea hit and then ran over to the house. The blacking out started just about the time I made it to the bathroom to be sick. When my sugar goes funny, pretty much so does everything else. I haven't had vertigo in quite a while.
I am still looking for the ginger. Was at the store and didn't see it, but still keeping an eye out, :)
Nausea and all seems to have went away over the last day or so. I guess things must be back on an evel keel. Hope fully, it stays that way. I finally just went to bed and ignored him...lol. Isn't easy to do....but I had to. The next night, I just started shutting lights out around him until he took the hint. Ive got to sleep or my whole body gets out of whack. NO FUN AT ALL!!! (especially when I am the only one home with the children...ack!!)
hugs to you all and thanks for helping!!

Jessie
Farmgirl Sister #235

Go to Top of Page
  Here's to Your Health: Previous Topic Nausea?? Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page