Sitnalta
True Blue Farmgirl

4208 Posts

Jessica
NJ
USA
4208 Posts

Posted - Feb 05 2009 :  06:05:35 AM  Show Profile
With a few of the posts, I have been getting error messages. It isn't all the time and it isn't always the same for the same topic.Such as today, I clicked on the topic V-Day in Across the Fence and received the error message. Later, I clicked it;same thing. I tried again shortly after that, and it allowed me to go in and read the posts.
Is this a problem perhaps with my internet service? Or is it a site issue? Thanks :)
hugs

Jessie
Farmgirl Sister #235

Stashaholics Anonymous Member since Jan. 29th, 2009 :)

Life should NOT be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in an attractive and well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, chocolate in one hand, cookies in the other, body thoroughly used up, totally worn out and screaming. "WOOHOO, What a Ride!"

Stop by my blog for a visit www.messiejessie2.blogspot.com

willowtreecreek
True Blue Farmgirl

4813 Posts

Julie
Russell AR
USA
4813 Posts

Posted - Feb 05 2009 :  08:35:55 AM  Show Profile
What exactly is the message? Does it still have the MJF header at the top or is it a browser error? If it is a browser error it is likely a problem with your internet connection.

Farmgirl Sister #17
Blog
www.willowtreecreek.wordpress.com
Go to Top of Page

Sitnalta
True Blue Farmgirl

4208 Posts

Jessica
NJ
USA
4208 Posts

Posted - Feb 05 2009 :  12:19:38 PM  Show Profile
It doesnt have the Mary Janes header up there. I think it must be a browser message. It looks like the 404 site not found messages. :)

Jessie
Farmgirl Sister #235

Life should NOT be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in an attractive and well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, chocolate in one hand, cookies in the other, body thoroughly used up, totally worn out and screaming. "WOOHOO, What a Ride!"

Go to Top of Page

Gabe
True Blue Farmgirl

374 Posts

Gabe
Moscow Idaho
USA
374 Posts

Posted - Feb 05 2009 :  3:16:22 PM  Show Profile
Yep. If you do not see a page coming up when you click on a link (404 error or somesuch), open another tab or browser window (depending which you have available), and type in another random site not related to us, and that you haven't visited yet ideally (I'll often open Google, type in a search [if their site comes up], then see if it returns any results).
If nothing opens up for other sites, it's definitely connection problems for your computer.
If other sites come up, you might try other pages of our website, such as the home page www.maryjanesfarm.org
If other sites open up, but nothing of ours do, then it's probably a broad issue on our end.
If everything else opens and only certain topics have issues, then we'll have to try some further troubleshooting.

Along that line, some other possibilities are corrupted cache or cookies. I can help guide you through that as a troubleshooting step, whether you decide it's a connection issue or not.

Gettin' all technical on you.
Gabe
Go to Top of Page

Sitnalta
True Blue Farmgirl

4208 Posts

Jessica
NJ
USA
4208 Posts

Posted - Feb 05 2009 :  6:12:17 PM  Show Profile
the message today was http 550 version not supported. hmm...is that the same thing?

Jessie
Farmgirl Sister #235

Go to Top of Page

mommatracy
True Blue Farmgirl

490 Posts

Tracy
My. Olive NC
USA
490 Posts

Posted - Apr 06 2009 :  1:50:07 PM  Show Profile
Hello out there. Somehow,again, I am getting numerous emails. Must have accidently clicked something. Can you please stop them? Thanks. Tracy

www.cottagebythebay.blogspot.com
Go to Top of Page

Gabe
True Blue Farmgirl

374 Posts

Gabe
Moscow Idaho
USA
374 Posts

Posted - Apr 06 2009 :  2:36:07 PM  Show Profile
For CRshelpmeet:

The 550 error must be a server issue (on our side), because that's an internal server error for webpages.

If it went away, then it must've been a temporary problem that corrected itself. If you're still having the issue, I can have it looked into. Let me know what browser you're using and which version, and which specific pages you're trying to visit (if they're different than above, or more than the topic listed above).

For mommatracy:

I don't see any subscriptions for your account. Carol may have beaten me to checking and removing them. I'll have to check.
Are they actual posting notices, and all look the same "Dear [username], [Other user] has posted in the topic ..." (not spoofed spam, in other words)?
Go to Top of Page

Sitnalta
True Blue Farmgirl

4208 Posts

Jessica
NJ
USA
4208 Posts

Posted - Apr 06 2009 :  6:07:58 PM  Show Profile
Hi Gabe,
That problem seemed ot have fixed it self. I have no doubt it was my server. I finally started having trouble with other websites as well.
I am having a little problem with my posts not posting now. Has that happened to anyone else? This could be a bad connection on my part too, I wouldnt doubt...lol...everytime the wind blows my satellite loses reception and knocks me out for inopportune seconds at a time...hehe
Thanks for looking into it!
:)

Jessie
Farmgirl Sister #235

"Every man's life is a fairy-tale written by God's fingers."--Hans Christian Anderson

Go to Top of Page

Gabe
True Blue Farmgirl

374 Posts

Gabe
Moscow Idaho
USA
374 Posts

Posted - Apr 07 2009 :  10:37:27 AM  Show Profile
Nope. Haven't heard of other problems posting. Just problems getting notices from the web, and receiving tons of emails from subscriptions or something. Sorry.

I'm glad your other issue fixed itself. That's my favorite thing — self-healing machines.
Go to Top of Page

Sitnalta
True Blue Farmgirl

4208 Posts

Jessica
NJ
USA
4208 Posts

Posted - Apr 07 2009 :  11:04:44 AM  Show Profile
lol..I love those too. Maybe this one is a connection error on my part here. Sometimes it works and sometimes it doesn't.
:)

Jessie
Farmgirl Sister #235

"Every man's life is a fairy-tale written by God's fingers."--Hans Christian Anderson

Go to Top of Page
  Technical Support: Previous Topic Recieving Error Messages Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page