simplyflowers
True Blue Farmgirl

489 Posts

Jamie
Locust Grove Virginia
USA
489 Posts

Posted - Feb 05 2009 :  02:23:50 AM  Show Profile
Have you ladies made any plans for Valentine's Day? DH talked about getting a sitter and going out for dinner that night.....sounds lovely, however....We have his son here that night. He is only over one day a week and every other weekend...so maybe we will do the dinner thing another weekend. It was sweet for him to think of.

Now, I wonder if there is something special I could do here for these three guys...DH, DS, & DS on V-Day? What have you all done for the men in your lives on this occasion.

Jamie

"Opportunity is missed by most people because it is dressed in overalls and looks like work." -- Thomas Edison

Check out my blog!! http://bestcoupleintown.blogspot.com/

Alee
True Blue Farmgirl

22941 Posts

Alee
Worland Wy
USA
22941 Posts

Posted - Feb 05 2009 :  04:37:15 AM  Show Profile  Send Alee a Yahoo! Message
What about making their favorite meal and watching a fun family movie? So it can be about love as a family instead of about romantic love? Then you can have your romantic night on Sunday or another weekend like you mentioned. :D

Alee
Farmgirl Sister #8
www.awarmheart.com
Please come visit Nora and me on our blog: www.farmgirlalee.blogspot.com
Put your pin on the farmgirl map! www.farmgirlmap.blogspot.com
Go to Top of Page

palmettogirl
True Blue Farmgirl

571 Posts

sue
camden south carolina
USA
571 Posts

Posted - Feb 05 2009 :  05:53:40 AM  Show Profile
all men/boys love to eat!....i agree with the meal at home, but i don't think it even has to be that fancy....but it would be fun to really decorate the table, even though guys act like they are so cool, they love it. hang some paper hearts from the ceiling or light fixture....use some red napkins, maybe at the dollar store you could get a couple decorations for the middle of the table...instead of making it so romantic, make it fun! make a v. card for each of them....oh, and choc cupcakes with lots of choc frosting for dessert!
Go to Top of Page

Amie C.
True Blue Farmgirl

2099 Posts

Finger Lakes Region NY
2099 Posts

Posted - Feb 05 2009 :  05:56:39 AM  Show Profile
My husband and I are in a band, and he set up a show for us to play on V-day evening. So I'm totally off the hook for making plans! Maybe we'll have a nice breakfast the next day...
Go to Top of Page

simplyflowers
True Blue Farmgirl

489 Posts

Jamie
Locust Grove Virginia
USA
489 Posts

Posted - Feb 05 2009 :  08:10:16 AM  Show Profile
Oh...."A way to a man's heart is through his stomach"....right?!?! In my case, OH YES! These guys can eat....Ooooo I know! I'll make some heart shaped homemade pizzas...one of their favorites!! Then some dessert.... Decoration is a good idea, especially for Zach. Been 2 years old, he thinks anything hanging from the ceiling is hot stuff.... OH THANKS GUYS!!! GOT IT PLANNED NOW!!

"Opportunity is missed by most people because it is dressed in overalls and looks like work." -- Thomas Edison

Check out my blog!! http://bestcoupleintown.blogspot.com/
Go to Top of Page
  Across the Fence: Previous Topic V-Day Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page