Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 General Chat Forum
 Outpost
 "Camper Dream" now reality! Have Pics!
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Next Page
Author Outpost: Previous Topic "Camper Dream" now reality! Have Pics! Next Topic
Page: of 2

farmmommy
True Blue Farmgirl

500 Posts

Kelley
Texas
USA
500 Posts

Posted - Feb 04 2009 :  4:35:47 PM  Show Profile
I am SOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO excited.....I finally found one.....a litle bigger than i originally wanted....but man, finding a vintage aluminum travel trailer in anywhere near "decent" shape that isn't WAY expensive is REALY hard to do.....But I did it!!! She is soo beautiful!!! And, sad thing is I don't know what year or make she is....The woman I purchased her from has had it for 40 years, and doesn't have a clue, and does not have a title to it.....So the research begins!!!! I can't wait to get pics of her on here!!! My hopes are to have her all "FarnGirled" up by the BBB in JUly!!!! YAY!!!! I'll have to find Alee and get her to give me instructions on how to post pics again!!!! I think she may be a Shasta, but then again she may be a Aljoa...this may take a couple of days to figure out...if anyone has any tips on where to start my online search of identifying her, please let me know, so far, I have had no luck...well, Gotta go.....have lots of research to do....and have to figure out the pic thing so ya'll can all see my new BABY!!!!!! kelley

Edited by - farmmommy on Feb 06 2009 1:39:58 PM

ruralfarmgirl
True Blue Farmgirl

4309 Posts

Rene'
Prosser WA
USA
4309 Posts

Posted - Feb 04 2009 :  8:27:17 PM  Show Profile  Send ruralfarmgirl a Yahoo! Message
Kelly~ How exciting, I am so jealous.. I cant wait for the photos, better yet, I can't wait to see her ( and you) in July!

Rene~Prosser Farmgirl #185
http://farmchicksfarm.blogspot.com/

Circumstances made us FRIENDS; MaryJane's has made us SISTERS :)
Go to Top of Page

farmmommy
True Blue Farmgirl

500 Posts

Kelley
Texas
USA
500 Posts

Posted - Feb 06 2009 :  10:29:27 AM  Show Profile
Hey Rene'........I am SOOOOO hoping that we won't have to pour too much money into the trailer...she is actually structurally sound....but you can imagine what the inside looks like...lol.....mostly just cosmetic stuff, though. So, if I can manage to "Farmgirl" her up without going broke, I'll definately still be coming in July....Btw..maybe I can find ya one, lol...I'm an excellent redneck shopper.....lol.....just a little farmgirl thought!! I had one just given to me last weekend, but the gals husband made her renig because he wanted to scrap it out! but i feel i was pretty lucky with this one...only $500 for her....now don't get me wrong, we really don't just have $500 laying around for me to go dropping on shopping trips all the time, but because of my dream of the "FarmGirls on the Loose" thing, we bit the bullet and went ahead and splurged!!! Plus, it was a really good deal concidering how the popularity of vintage trailers seems to be going crazy! Kelley

Edited by - farmmommy on Feb 06 2009 10:35:09 AM
Go to Top of Page

Nancy Gartenman
True Blue Farmgirl

9093 Posts

Nancy
West Seneca New York
USA
9093 Posts

Posted - Feb 06 2009 :  11:24:13 AM  Show Profile
LUCKY YOU, They are hard to find. Its like having a doll house to play with. My kind of fun.
NANCY JO

www.Nancy-Jo.blogspot.com
Go to Top of Page

electricdunce
True Blue Farmgirl

2544 Posts

Karin
Belmont ME
USA
2544 Posts

Posted - Feb 06 2009 :  11:32:25 AM  Show Profile
What great news. Once again, I'm begging for a picture...

Karin

Farmgirl Sister #153

"Give me shelter from the storm" - Bob Dylan
http://moodranch.blogspot.com
http://domesticnonsense.etsy.com
Go to Top of Page

Tina Michelle
True Blue Farmgirl

6948 Posts

Tina
sunshine state FL
USA
6948 Posts

Posted - Feb 06 2009 :  12:14:38 PM  Show Profile
hope you can get a title for it.

~I Dream of a Better World..where chickens can cross the road without having their motives questioned!~
blogs:http://gardengoose.blogspot.com/
and http://thevictorygardener.blogspot.com
magazine: www.stliving.net
etsy shops: http://GardenGooseGifts.etsy.com
and http://myvictorygarden.etsy.com
Go to Top of Page

farmmommy
True Blue Farmgirl

500 Posts

Kelley
Texas
USA
500 Posts

Posted - Feb 06 2009 :  1:04:07 PM  Show Profile
i called the DOT....title shouldn't be a prob....the tonge has been modified at some point in it's life as well as some other things, and DOT says that when we are done "refurbing" it, that it can be classified a "homemade" and from there be able to title it.....
Go to Top of Page

katmom
True Blue Farmgirl

17161 Posts

Grace
WACAL Gal WashCalif.
USA
17161 Posts

Posted - Feb 06 2009 :  9:10:15 PM  Show Profile
Hey Kelly,
here is my little "Gracie Girl" when we brought her home. Hopefully by May she will look Farm Girl Pretty.
I have dubbed her "Gracie's Victorian Rose" and she will be in shades of Rose/Burgandy/Green with a Adarondack- Victorian Out Door Lady. Thanx to some wonderful ideas that Renee gave me I am moving full steam ahead in searching for "goodies" to decorate her with.

She is a 14' Aljo, either a late 1950 or early 1960's trailer. DOT is running a search. I had the same problem, the owner didn't have the title...but my trailer is now registered & licensenced & road legal.
You & I will have to be a "Vintage trailer re-do support group" lol!
What theme are you going with in your re-do?

>^..^< Happiness is being a katmom.
"I've never met a sewing machine I didn't like!"
mjf#72
Sisters on the Fly#472
www.katmom4.blogspot.com

Edited by - katmom on Feb 06 2009 9:16:41 PM
Go to Top of Page

farmmommy
True Blue Farmgirl

500 Posts

Kelley
Texas
USA
500 Posts

Posted - Feb 07 2009 :  7:37:14 PM  Show Profile
My theme is going to be Cherries, strawberries and red roses!!! Since my Yukon is Cherry red, I though it would be fitting to have the interior to match. I'm even goin to do the REAL ICEBOX in red!! I hope our title situation goes as smoothly as the gal at DOT says it will be...guess I'll just see.....yours is soooooo cute!!! Mine is also a 14 foot! Just enough room!!! And I just LOVE her!!!
Go to Top of Page

farmmommy
True Blue Farmgirl

500 Posts

Kelley
Texas
USA
500 Posts

Posted - Feb 07 2009 :  7:53:25 PM  Show Profile
Funny how mine looks so much longer than yours, yet they are the same size....and my pic is of the backside....we brought her home today and she hauled very smooth concidering the fact that she had been parked with flat tires in the same spot for 42 years!! We washed her this evening, so I'll take more pics and post them on here tommorow!!
Go to Top of Page

katmom
True Blue Farmgirl

17161 Posts

Grace
WACAL Gal WashCalif.
USA
17161 Posts

Posted - Feb 07 2009 :  8:24:10 PM  Show Profile
Kool! i am looking forward to seeing her progress....
We are painting the stove/oven a dark cherry red. The icebox had been removed so we have a little electric portable one that we will use till we can locate an origional one to fit in the opening. and it too will be painted a dark cherry red to match the stove.
We are also going to re-use the drawer pulls, knobs & hinges but we are going to paint them with that "hammered metal" looking paint. We did that to the knobs on my last trailer & it looked awesome!
I think your Cherry motif will be sooo cute. Check out www.equilter.com for some really fun fabrics.
It is such fun and by no means a cheap hobby! But the final outcome is worth all the work.
Remember to paint a symbol or theme near your door of the trailer.
Mine will be a single rose w/Gracie's Victorian Rose written around the rose.
Oh, and most of my girlfriends who have the old Ice Boxes in their trailer use the ice box for storage, one gal uses her's to store her bottles of wine. Her hubby built a little wine bottle rack holder to fit inside the icebox. I can hardly wait to see your pictures.

mjf#72
Sisters on the Fly#472
www.katmom4.blogspot.com

Edited by - katmom on Feb 07 2009 8:26:57 PM
Go to Top of Page

Mountain Girl
True Blue Farmgirl

806 Posts

JoAnn
Colville Washington
USA
806 Posts

Posted - Feb 08 2009 :  07:37:54 AM  Show Profile
Grace, What kind of paint do you use to paint the stove? It has to resist heat from the burner doesn't it? Ours is a turquoise that needs to go: ) oh with an avocado fridge door?? JoAnn
Go to Top of Page

jpbluesky
True Blue Farmgirl

6066 Posts

Jeannie
Florida
USA
6066 Posts

Posted - Feb 08 2009 :  09:42:08 AM  Show Profile
What a great find! Won't it be fun to get her all dolled up? You have to choose a name for her!

Farmgirl Sister # 31

www.blueskyjeannie.blogspot.com

Psalm 51: 10-13
Go to Top of Page

deeredawn
True Blue Farmgirl

2306 Posts

Dawn
Cordova TN
USA
2306 Posts

Posted - Feb 08 2009 :  10:00:35 AM  Show Profile
Kelley, I am so happy for you! I'm still searching for mine. I do want the ham can style like yours. I saw one in a back yard awhile back but havent had the time to go and knock on the door. Mine will be all decked out farmgirl style too... I will have to enlist you in helping me figure out a name! Maybe the COOP de Ville? I could do all chickens. Oh gee, imagine that everyone. Me and chickens. Lol...

Dawn #279
MJ's Heirloom Mavens-Mother Hen

http://harvestthymefarm.etsy.com
http://heirloommavens.blogspot.com
http://harvestthymefarm.blogspot.com

"I figure if a girl wants to be a legend, she should go ahead and be one!"...Calamity Jane
Go to Top of Page

deeredawn
True Blue Farmgirl

2306 Posts

Dawn
Cordova TN
USA
2306 Posts

Posted - Feb 08 2009 :  11:32:58 AM  Show Profile
Just had a thought. You know how some towns combine a carnival/festival with a classic car show? MaryJane should have an antique camper show. I could see us all rolling across America in all of our gussied up trailers! That'd be a hoot!

Dawn #279

"I figure if a girl wants to be a legend, she should go ahead and be one!"...Calamity Jane
Go to Top of Page

farmmommy
True Blue Farmgirl

500 Posts

Kelley
Texas
USA
500 Posts

Posted - Feb 08 2009 :  4:27:31 PM  Show Profile
Hey Shirley, I named her The "SqueezeYerButt" Inn .....Kinda funny, huh?...I though so Tee-Hee!
Go to Top of Page

katmom
True Blue Farmgirl

17161 Posts

Grace
WACAL Gal WashCalif.
USA
17161 Posts

Posted - Feb 08 2009 :  8:07:31 PM  Show Profile
hey JoAnn,
In our last trailer we used 2 coats of primer (for metal) & then used (spray)paint for metal...you can use BBQ grill paint or appliance paint but you are limited on colors. So we bought spray metal paint in the "Hammered metal" & sprayed on 3 coats. It looked awesome. The HAmmered metal spray paint comes in several colors...silver/grey/copper & bronze.
We never had any problems with bubbling.
>^..^<

mjf#72
Sisters on the Fly#472
www.katmom4.blogspot.com

Go to Top of Page

farmmommy
True Blue Farmgirl

500 Posts

Kelley
Texas
USA
500 Posts

Posted - Feb 09 2009 :  09:55:00 AM  Show Profile
Dawn..... The Coop de Ville? Toooo Coot!! ....lol...I think that would be a great name! and the antique camper thing...AWESOME Idea!!! They wouldn't even have to be antique....all just Farmgirl Gussied up!!!!! Mine is going to be so Farmgirlie that my husband probably won't even want to go anywhere with me in it....LOL......hahahahaha......LOL.....sorry, I'm seriously laughing my a** off about that....LOL...I've already told him that he is more than welcome to bring a cot and set it up outside the camper if he'd like!!!!! LOL.....I have always tried to have a good balance in our home as far as decor goes....well, actually we lived in a log home that my hubby built...so everything was pretty much rustic log home decor...I always tried to keep all the Girlie decor stuff down to a minimum for him......but now....with MY trailer...I'm doing it as girlie as I want , from top to bottom!!!!! And he doesn't mind a lick....he's just teasing me about not camping in it, but I still think it's hilarious!!!!
Go to Top of Page

farmmommy
True Blue Farmgirl

500 Posts

Kelley
Texas
USA
500 Posts

Posted - Feb 09 2009 :  10:13:33 AM  Show Profile
the kitchen yesterday before i started, the wall to the right of the sink is the toilet closet

Edited by - farmmommy on Feb 09 2009 10:19:45 AM
Go to Top of Page

farmmommy
True Blue Farmgirl

500 Posts

Kelley
Texas
USA
500 Posts

Posted - Feb 09 2009 :  11:09:39 AM  Show Profile
And this is what it looks like nowwe have really got ALOT to do!!!
Go to Top of Page

deeredawn
True Blue Farmgirl

2306 Posts

Dawn
Cordova TN
USA
2306 Posts

Posted - Feb 11 2009 :  07:51:51 AM  Show Profile
How fun! I can't wat to see more progress. My hubby thinks I'm crazy about this camper thing too. I've been asking for one for 2 years now. I wanna do mine in polka dots. lol...like you, I've tried to keep a happy balance in the house, but when I get ahold of that camper watch out sister! I already own a 42' trailer, it sits in West Virginia on a plot of land I own. However, I wanna bring it back to Ohio and fix her up a bit. Keep posting those pics!

Dawn #279

Go to Top of Page

katmom
True Blue Farmgirl

17161 Posts

Grace
WACAL Gal WashCalif.
USA
17161 Posts

Posted - Feb 11 2009 :  07:57:07 AM  Show Profile
Oh Wowzer Dawn,
how fun it would be to decorate that 42' trailer into a guest cottage......I think you show do it!
hugz

mjf#72
Sisters on the Fly#472
www.katmom4.blogspot.com

Go to Top of Page

katmom
True Blue Farmgirl

17161 Posts

Grace
WACAL Gal WashCalif.
USA
17161 Posts

Posted - Feb 15 2009 :  5:05:41 PM  Show Profile
hey farmmommy,,,did you see the cute "T is for Trailer" posted by Magnoliawhisper over in the Stitching thread? It is a cute redwork stitched little trailer that would hang proudly in your Vintage Trailer...

www.katmom4.blogspot.com

Go to Top of Page

farmmommy
True Blue Farmgirl

500 Posts

Kelley
Texas
USA
500 Posts

Posted - Feb 16 2009 :  05:40:34 AM  Show Profile
Hey grace, i sure did!!!! I love bobby socks and have been there before, but had never seen that, it is sooo cute! I can't wait to make a pillow!!!! I just love red work, and since my trailer is going to be done in red cherries, strawberries and roses, redwork just fits right in!!
Go to Top of Page

katmom
True Blue Farmgirl

17161 Posts

Grace
WACAL Gal WashCalif.
USA
17161 Posts

Posted - Feb 16 2009 :  07:59:22 AM  Show Profile
hey Kelly,
I went & bought my fabric for my curtains as well as whimsical fabric for some toss/decorator pillows. I posted a picture over in the "Sewing" thread...
Come on over we'll have a curtain sewing party....lol!
I love the idea of the Cherries, lite, bright & fun.... I saw some really cool cherry priny fabric at Joanns and thought of you & your trailer.
How's the interior comming along? It's been soooo cold (34degrees) here and it snowed again yesterday. I can hardly wait for MArch to get here when the weather starts to warm up & we can get out to the Man Cave and really start working on "Gracie Girl"....
My major colors in her are Claret red, mossy green and muted tannish-yellow.... The stove will be red as will the kitchen light. We are going to paint the hinges&knobs w/a greyish-silver "hammered look" paint. It's cheaper then having to buy knew knobs, handles & hinges...
One could spend a fortune re-doing a vintage trailer so half the fun is being creative & dare I say it..frugal!
tata-4-now
>^..^<

www.katmom4.blogspot.com

Go to Top of Page

Contrary Wife
True Blue Farmgirl

2164 Posts

Teresa Sue
Tekoa WA
USA
2164 Posts

Posted - Feb 16 2009 :  08:17:05 AM  Show Profile  Send Contrary Wife a Yahoo! Message
As my granddaughter, Savanna, would say "you're lucky dogs". LOL

Teresa Sue
Farmgirl Sister #316
Planting Zone 3

"Learn the rules so you know how to break them properly." The Dalai Lama
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 2 Outpost: Previous Topic "Camper Dream" now reality! Have Pics! Next Topic  
Next Page
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page