Save Password        REGISTER
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 Magazine: Call for Entries
 Keeping in Touch
 What part of No dont they understand?
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Keeping in Touch: Previous Topic What part of No dont they understand? Next Topic  

ruralfarmgirl
True Blue Farmgirl

4309 Posts

Rene'
Prosser WA
USA
4309 Posts

Posted - Feb 04 2009 :  12:59:44 PM  Show Profile  Send ruralfarmgirl a Yahoo! Message
I have been fighting a cold.... and so I will admit that my patient level isnt quit where it ot to be... But this morning when I got this email from Organic Valley talking about GMA corn... the only thing that would come to mind.. was the old Lorrie Morgan song, "what part of no dont you understand".. especially the line that says, I dont mind explaining since it seems you just dont understand, just tell me what part of no dont you understand"... :)

So I am attaching the link to help us all say NO just one more time.. and we can dream that this time.... THEY will get it :), maybe is the NO is loud enough it can catch their deaf ears... UGH!

February 3, 2009
Tell USDA "NO" on new untested genetically engineered corn
USDA's Animal and Plant Health Inspection Service (APHIS) has given preliminary approval to Event 98140 corn, the first of a new generation of pesticide-promoting, genetically engineered (GE) crops designed to survive spraying with multiple herbicides. This latest petition to deregulate a new, untested, and complex GE crop poses food safety, environmental, and agronomic concerns that were not adequately evaluated by the previous Administration's USDA. APHIS has failed to adequately address a range of health and environmental risks in its draft environmental assessment (EA), including novel food safety concerns, increased pesticide use and increased prevalence of herbicide-resistant weeds.
To make matters worse, the USDA has limited the opportunity for public input, by only accepting comments until this Friday, February 6th!
Speak out now! Tell USDA to put the brakes on this approval, and prepare and publish a thorough Environmental Impact Statement before making a decision. Visit the Center for Food Safety's True Food Network at http://ga3.org/campaign/PioneerCorn TODAY to learn more and take action.
Thanks for all your support for family farmers and a sustainable future for all!
Sincerely,
The Farmers and Staff of Organic Valley Family of Farms

Rene~Prosser Farmgirl #185
http://farmchicksfarm.blogspot.com/

Circumstances made us FRIENDS; MaryJane's has made us SISTERS :)

LivingWell4You
True Blue Farmgirl

1411 Posts

Karen
Hillsboro MO
USA
1411 Posts

Posted - Feb 04 2009 :  1:11:05 PM  Show Profile  Send LivingWell4You a Yahoo! Message
Oh for Pete's sake! How many 2x4's to they need to be whopped upside the head with before they wake up???????

God bless -
Karen ~ Chickherder & KMW (Keeper of Maven Words)
Farmgirl Sister #311

"To own a little bit of ground, to scratch it with a hoe, to plant seeds and watch the renewal of life - this is the commonest delight of the race, the most satisfactory thing a man can do." Charles Dudley Warner
Go to Top of Page

ruralfarmgirl
True Blue Farmgirl

4309 Posts

Rene'
Prosser WA
USA
4309 Posts

Posted - Feb 04 2009 :  1:21:07 PM  Show Profile  Send ruralfarmgirl a Yahoo! Message
Hahahah... Karen, I felt the same way, but couldnt find that "song" LOL

Go to Top of Page

milkmaid
True Blue Farmgirl

187 Posts

Heather
Higginsville Missouri
USA
187 Posts

Posted - Feb 04 2009 :  3:14:47 PM  Show Profile
Ya know this is some really scary stuff!! Those pesticides are linked to all sorts of horrid illnesses. There are major studies that have linked pesticide consusption to illness and yet our government will aprove doing this sort of thing!! This gets under my skin in so many ways!! Those people that are approving this know people that have illness related to pesticide consusption but they think that the illness is just by chance... What a load of fishsticks!! If they did just even a small bit of research they would be quick to change their minds. well maybe not with the million dollar kickbacks. Ok sorry I'll get down off the box... bad farm girl

http://goodfarm.blogspot.com/

Mother to five awesome kids, wife of 17 years and milk maid to two beautiful cows. Living the good life!!!
Go to Top of Page

Tina Michelle
True Blue Farmgirl

6948 Posts

Tina
sunshine state FL
USA
6948 Posts

Posted - Feb 05 2009 :  3:42:15 PM  Show Profile
there was a "form letter" on the site..but I added these words at the bottom of mine before sending my email..maybe they'll get the message?..who knows.
"All these scientific facts presented before you and yet this fact remains..... the bottom line is... "We the People" need/want safe food for ourselves, for our children, our children's children and all future generations."

~I Dream of a Better World..where chickens can cross the road without having their motives questioned!~
blogs:http://gardengoose.blogspot.com/
and http://thevictorygardener.blogspot.com
magazine: www.stliving.net
etsy shops: http://GardenGooseGifts.etsy.com
and http://myvictorygarden.etsy.com
Go to Top of Page

LivingWell4You
True Blue Farmgirl

1411 Posts

Karen
Hillsboro MO
USA
1411 Posts

Posted - Feb 05 2009 :  4:45:24 PM  Show Profile  Send LivingWell4You a Yahoo! Message
This one's for TS - here is what I added to the letter:

"It confounds me that the USDA continues to believe the answer is in continually changing the product. The definition of insanity is doing the same thing over and over and expecting a different response. Continually altering the genetic make-up of the seed is a static change. The environment, however, is not static and is fully capable of adapting to manmade changes, as has been proven time and again. I believe the answer lies in changing the process and it would be beneficial to so sooner than later as that will inevitably be the course of action. (Remember mad cow disease?)

The short amount of time alloted for responses from the public tells me that you realize this would not be acceptable to the vast majority of Americans. We rely on you to do the best job of maintaining a healthy food supply. Make us proud."

And so, this marks the day that I have become an O-ficial bring-back-the-food-sanity activist.

God bless -
Farmgirl Sister #311

"To own a little bit of ground, to scratch it with a hoe, to plant seeds and watch the renewal of life - this is the commonest delight of the race, the most satisfactory thing a man can do." Charles Dudley Warner
Go to Top of Page

ruralfarmgirl
True Blue Farmgirl

4309 Posts

Rene'
Prosser WA
USA
4309 Posts

Posted - Feb 05 2009 :  6:35:06 PM  Show Profile  Send ruralfarmgirl a Yahoo! Message
Thanks Ladies, I love that I am not the only one that is ticked off about this.... Love that you subitted your letters thanks.

Go to Top of Page

Contrary Wife
True Blue Farmgirl

2164 Posts

Teresa Sue
Tekoa WA
USA
2164 Posts

Posted - Feb 06 2009 :  07:57:40 AM  Show Profile  Send Contrary Wife a Yahoo! Message
Man, this just p____s me off! Oh, I sent them a few words. I was in such a good mood too, now I'm just angry. Good thing I'm going to the hockey match tonight, I can yell and scream and maybe feel better, LOL. The USDA is such a JOKE! I think USDA must stand for United Stupid Dumb Asses.

Teresa Sue
Farmgirl Sister #316

"Learn the rules so you know how to break them properly." The Dalai Lama
Go to Top of Page

graciegreeneyes
True Blue Farmgirl

3107 Posts

Amy Grace
Rosalia WA
USA
3107 Posts

Posted - Feb 06 2009 :  3:42:53 PM  Show Profile
Teresa Sue - you made me laugh out loud, never again will I hear USDA without thinking of you. You realize that the USDA brought us the salmonella/peanut butter debacle also.....hmmm, what is going on up there?
Amy Grace

Farmgirl #224
"use it up, wear it out, make it do, or do without"
Go to Top of Page

Contrary Wife
True Blue Farmgirl

2164 Posts

Teresa Sue
Tekoa WA
USA
2164 Posts

Posted - Feb 07 2009 :  08:34:00 AM  Show Profile  Send Contrary Wife a Yahoo! Message
LOL! Sorry, I get more than kinda worked up about these things. I have thought the USDA to be a national disgrace for some time.

Teresa Sue
Farmgirl Sister #316

"Learn the rules so you know how to break them properly." The Dalai Lama
Go to Top of Page

LivingWell4You
True Blue Farmgirl

1411 Posts

Karen
Hillsboro MO
USA
1411 Posts

Posted - Feb 07 2009 :  08:45:23 AM  Show Profile  Send LivingWell4You a Yahoo! Message
Like since the Nixon era?

God bless -
Farmgirl Sister #311

Go to Top of Page

ruralfarmgirl
True Blue Farmgirl

4309 Posts

Rene'
Prosser WA
USA
4309 Posts

Posted - Feb 07 2009 :  12:56:11 PM  Show Profile  Send ruralfarmgirl a Yahoo! Message
TS... I laughted out loud.. that is the funniest thing ever...

Go to Top of Page

Thistle Cove Farm
True Blue Farmgirl

141 Posts

Sandra
Tazewell VA
USA
141 Posts

Posted - Mar 17 2009 :  11:27:53 AM  Show Profile
From what I can tell, the government is just trying to wear us down, like Chinese water torture...bit by bit by bit. While we work by farming, to produce food, clothing, shelter, government employees go to the office and dream up new ways of making us bankrupt. I've yet to have someone explain to me why it's perfectly okay for the USA to import foods from a foreign country that still uses pesticides, herbicides, paraquat and the like, while USA farmers are thrown into jail if they sell raw milk.
Doesn't the sun *ever* shine where their heads are located? -lol-

Sandra @ Thistle Cove Farm ~ God's blessings on you, yours and the work of your hands & heart ~
www.thistlecovefarm.com
www.thistlecovefarm.blogspot.com
Go to Top of Page
  Keeping in Touch: Previous Topic What part of No dont they understand? Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page