Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 General Chat Forum
 Stitching & Crafting Room
 Pink Fabric Charm Swap
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Previous Page
Author Stitching & Crafting Room: Previous Topic Pink Fabric Charm Swap Next Topic
Page: of 8

khartquilt
True Blue Farmgirl

1176 Posts

USA
1176 Posts

Posted - Jul 06 2009 :  05:18:08 AM  Show Profile
I would love to host another charm swap. Email me with a color choice and I will post the swap by July 20th. It will mimic this swap.

I have put together one hundred charms. I need to add a border. Maybe a little lace too. I found a nice tiny rose print fabric for the backing.
I will them use buttons and some dmc floss to "quilt" my top. One at each intersection of blocks. I think this will not only give it a shabby chic look, but will also hide some of the not so perfect intersections. I will post a photo of what I have done so far before the weeks end.

Kathy H
Farmgirl Sister #81
"To the world you may be one person, but to one person you may be the world..." (anomymous)
http://khartquilt.blogspot.com
Go to Top of Page

country roads
True Blue Farmgirl

443 Posts

Melissa
Shinglehouse Pa
USA
443 Posts

Posted - Jul 08 2009 :  03:58:45 AM  Show Profile
How about fall colors?

Take care, Melissa.

Farmgirl # 352

~Think happy thoughts~
Go to Top of Page

barnagainkristin
True Blue Farmgirl

465 Posts

Kristin
Utah
USA
465 Posts

Posted - Jul 08 2009 :  09:41:55 AM  Show Profile
Can't wait for the next swap. Pink is my favorite so I don't have many ideas for another swap however a Halloween charm swap could be lots of fun to see what we come up with. Thanks for saying you will do this again. I loved it.

barnagainkristin

"Climb the mountains and get their good tidings. Nature's peace will flow into you as sunshine flows into trees. The winds will blow their own freshness into you, and the storms their energy, while cares will drop off like autumn leaves." John Muir
Go to Top of Page

quiltingfarmergirl
True Blue Farmgirl

180 Posts

Barbara
Cato NY
USA
180 Posts

Posted - Jul 08 2009 :  5:37:09 PM  Show Profile
Fall colors are a great idea! I have both Halloween fabric and fall colors.

Barb
Go to Top of Page

Ms.Lilly
True Blue Farmgirl

826 Posts

Lillian
Scotts Mills OR
USA
826 Posts

Posted - Jul 09 2009 :  06:53:58 AM  Show Profile
Halloween would be a fun one.

Lillian
Go to Top of Page

khartquilt
True Blue Farmgirl

1176 Posts

USA
1176 Posts

Posted - Jul 10 2009 :  6:33:20 PM  Show Profile
As promised, here is what I have done so far with my charms. Those of you that were in it, can you see your fabric?? I truly don't remember which are mine.

If I have no objections, I will host two charm swaps. One (#1) will be Halloween fabric (due 9/30 so they can be used for Halloween) and the other(#2) will be "Nature" colors: browns and greens. No bright colors or Neon colors. No novelty/holiday fabrics (due 10/15). I will post two swap sign ups next weekend. Same rules as listed on first page of this swap. Just different color charms. OK?

I would also like to host a Christmas quilt block swap too, unless there is someone else that will be hosting one.

Kathy H
Farmgirl Sister #81
"To the world you may be one person, but to one person you may be the world..." (anomymous)
http://khartquilt.blogspot.com
Go to Top of Page

antoinette
True Blue Farmgirl

826 Posts

Toni
East Freedom PA
USA
826 Posts

Posted - Jul 11 2009 :  12:20:56 PM  Show Profile
Hi I would like to sign up for the charm swaps. Toni
Go to Top of Page

EagleNest
True Blue Farmgirl

192 Posts

Mary
Yakima WA
192 Posts

Posted - Jul 11 2009 :  4:15:24 PM  Show Profile
Thanks Kathy for all the hard work and organization.

I'm heading out Monday to look for fabric.

I love the quilt. I'm just starting to connect the squares. I'm using several 12x12 squares from a previous swap for the center and framing them with the smaller squares. We'll see how it looks.

Enjoy your weekend
Mary

But the fruit of the Spirit is love, joy, peace, longsuffering, kindness, goodness, faithfulness, gentleness, self-control. Gal 5:22
Go to Top of Page

farm~maid
True Blue Farmgirl

176 Posts

Christine
IN
USA
176 Posts

Posted - Jul 17 2009 :  04:03:36 AM  Show Profile
Kathy, I'm so glad to see this. I enjoyed the pink charm swap and would love to join another. I like the 2 different swaps you mentioned. I just might be interested in the Christmas one, too.

I like what you've done with the pink charms. The button/floss look will complete it. What are plans for the finished quilt?

farm~maid
Go to Top of Page

crafter
True Blue Farmgirl

2313 Posts

lori
Fort Atkinson Wisconsin
USA
2313 Posts

Posted - Jul 17 2009 :  06:38:06 AM  Show Profile
I would love to be included in the NATURE swap- will you please let me know all of the details? thank you
What a wonderful quilt top you have made with your pink charms! Did you randomly pick the charm or did you lay out each color in a row first? It is beautiful! It makes me think "baby girl" and "cotton candy"!! Two of my favs~ Nice work!
xoxo-Lori
ps -I was just pondering and I would love to be added to the Halloween charm swap also. Thank you.

Thank GOD I'm a Country Girl!

Edited by - crafter on Jul 17 2009 07:09:19 AM
Go to Top of Page

antoinette
True Blue Farmgirl

826 Posts

Toni
East Freedom PA
USA
826 Posts

Posted - Jul 18 2009 :  06:55:06 AM  Show Profile
I would love another charm swap and would like to sign up for any any all
colors. Toni
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 8 Stitching & Crafting Room: Previous Topic Pink Fabric Charm Swap Next Topic  
Previous Page
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page