Save Password        REGISTER
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 General Chat Forum
 Herbal Wisdom
 Evening Primrose Oil for pregnancy
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Herbal Wisdom: Previous Topic Evening Primrose Oil for pregnancy Next Topic  

FebruaryViolet
True Blue Farmgirl

4810 Posts

Jonni
Elsmere Kentucky
USA
4810 Posts

Posted - Feb 03 2009 :  9:12:33 PM  Show Profile
I'm to deliver our baby fairly soon, and while I don't want to rush things along, I am interested in possibly making things a bit better on my body. A friend suggested taking Evening Primrose Oil in my 38th week (and that would be this week) to soften the cervix...anyone else tried it?

lovelady
True Blue Farmgirl

533 Posts

Toni
Indiana
USA
533 Posts

Posted - Feb 04 2009 :  08:08:12 AM  Show Profile
Hi! I took EPO capsules this time around, usually 2 capsules once or twice a day for the last couple weeks. By far, my delivery was easier this time, but I don't know if I can attribute it to the EPO or not. I went to my 38 week appt and was 3cm but hadn't had any contractions or anything, so after a long week of waiting, I went to my 39 week appt and was 7-8 cm and 80% effaced so my dr told me to hurry up and get to the hospital. I had Carson about an hour and a half later, pushed through 2 contractions. So easy, and I only had 1 stitch. Compare that to pushing for 2 hours and many many stitches with my first. Both boys were the same size. I know that some people say your second will come faster and easier, so I really can't say. But, I do not think it could hurt any for you to take them.

I hope your labor and delivery is very easy and you are able to enjoy it! And hope you don't have to go through ice and snow to the hospital!
Go to Top of Page

FebruaryViolet
True Blue Farmgirl

4810 Posts

Jonni
Elsmere Kentucky
USA
4810 Posts

Posted - Feb 04 2009 :  08:15:11 AM  Show Profile
Thanks, Toni! I'm really glad to hear that your delivery went so well...I've heard too, that the second child comes a little better, but also that each is different, so you just never know. My cousin in law pushed her first for 3.5 hours and didn't have a bit of issue. I'm crossing fingers!

I will go to the healthfood store to get some this evening, along with the blackberry leaf tea because I'm out. We went for our appointment this morning for NST testing (because I'm 35) and were told that she's right "on target" and that next week they'd be doing the vag. testing...I'm about 2 weeks from my due date, but she could go over, I suppose.

Thanks, again!
Go to Top of Page

obventions
Farmgirl in Training

23 Posts

Liz
Lexington KY
USA
23 Posts

Posted - Feb 04 2009 :  10:49:47 AM  Show Profile  Send obventions an AOL message  Click to see obventions's MSN Messenger address  Send obventions a Yahoo! Message
My mom was the opposite. I wasn't a bad delivery (not sure on time and such, but she never threw those 'I sat in delivery for X amount of hours' threats out there haha) but when she had my brother, she had a heck of a time. It seemed like it was forever. EPO caps won't hurt from what I've read and heard from friends, and if anything will hopefully help. Congrats and let us know how it goes!
Go to Top of Page

keeperofthehome
True Blue Farmgirl

154 Posts

Suzanne
Atlanta Georgia
USA
154 Posts

Posted - Feb 07 2009 :  09:58:05 AM  Show Profile
Well, evening primrose is good for balancing hormones. I don't know about delivery. May the Lord bless you during your delivery and keep you and your baby safe.

Blessings!
~Farrah

www.oldfashionedhomekeeper.blogspot.com
Go to Top of Page

kmbrown
True Blue Farmgirl

459 Posts

Misty
Waynesboro Pennsylvania
USA
459 Posts

Posted - Feb 12 2009 :  6:43:19 PM  Show Profile
I used the EPO with all 3 of my babies. I think it does help. It also helps a lot with PMS but I think with that you take it orally. I'll be waiting to here about your baby's arrival!!!
Go to Top of Page

MagnoliaWhisper
True Blue Farmgirl

2817 Posts

Heather
Haysville Kansas
USA
2817 Posts

Posted - Feb 13 2009 :  04:54:48 AM  Show Profile
I have never heard about such, I'll try it too!

But, it's so funny every one says the second one comes faster. I sure hope not! lol hahaha I always get a weird look on my face and laugh when people tell me that! lol haha Mainly because I went from dialation of 2 to a 10 with in 20 minutes (I didn't feel anything during that time, and I had a ALL natural birth no drugs), and 5 pushes (10 minutes) later my daughter was born.

If things go faster then that, I'm afraid, very afraid! lol

All I have to say is thankgoodness for NST monitors, they had one on me, and apparently all the sudden I was having HUGE contractions (as I said only 20 minutes before I was at a 2) I didn't feel the contractions, but the nurse could see them on the NST machine, and started screaming, she's ready, she's ready, the baby's coming, and for the dr to hurry and get in there. The dr laughed and said no way, I just checked her and she was at a 2. The nurse said, well do what you want, I'm going to deliver a baby! The dr said, I didn't say I wasn't coming, there's just no way! lol Any way, as I said, 5 pushes, or approx 10 minutes later there was my daughter.

If it goes any faster then that this time, I don't know what we'll do! lol hahaha

http://www.heathersprairie.blogspot.com

Edited by - MagnoliaWhisper on Feb 13 2009 04:57:03 AM
Go to Top of Page
  Herbal Wisdom: Previous Topic Evening Primrose Oil for pregnancy Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page