True Blue Farmgirl

4208 Posts

Jessica
NJ
USA
4208 Posts

Posted - Nov 24 2008 :  7:06:28 PM  Show Profile
Hi Ladies,
My ds is almost 2 and has the most terrible problem with breakouts. If he eats anything and it gets on his face (which is almost always), or gets his diaper even a little wet, or plays with anything dirty (what kid doesnt) he breaks out in a nice bright pink stain. Like a rash but not really. It almost looks like a sunburn. Anyone have thoughts on how to prevent this. It doesnt bother him at all. I imagine hes pretty used to it by now. He was born with baby eczema, and it hasnt gone away fully though it has gotten better. He is really fair skinned like I am, but truly I have never met anyone so sensitive to every little thing like he is.
THANKS!

Jessie
Farmgirl Sister #235

Alee
True Blue Farmgirl

22941 Posts

Alee
Worland Wy
USA
22941 Posts

Posted - Nov 24 2008 :  7:52:46 PM  Show Profile  Send Alee a Yahoo! Message
The only thing I can think of is using perhaps a beeswax based lotion/balm to help protect the skin, and also monitoring the facial rash to see if he is more prone to rash over certain things. In this case it might be an allergy.

Alee
Farmgirl Sister #8
www.awarmheart.com
Please come visit Nora and me on our blog: www.farmgirlalee.blogspot.com
Put your pin on the farmgirl map! www.farmgirlmap.blogspot.com
Go to Top of Page

K-Falls Farmgirl
Chapter Leader

2096 Posts

Cheryl
Klamath Falls Oregon
USA
2096 Posts

Posted - Nov 24 2008 :  8:11:04 PM  Show Profile
Alee makes a good point. perhaps he has an allergy.. Berts bees has an excellent lotion for babies.

http://www.k-fallsfarmgirl.blogspot.com/

Cheryl #309
Farm girl sister

Enjoy the little things in life....someday you'll look back and realize they were the big things.
Go to Top of Page

jinia
True Blue Farmgirl

152 Posts

jinia
mo
USA
152 Posts

Posted - Nov 24 2008 :  8:43:00 PM  Show Profile
I know that you wouldn't want to give him medcine everyday, but you could try an allergy medcine for a week to see if this stopped the outbreaks. We fight my sons skin all the time. Good luck!
Go to Top of Page

Alee
True Blue Farmgirl

22941 Posts

Alee
Worland Wy
USA
22941 Posts

Posted - Nov 24 2008 :  9:57:02 PM  Show Profile  Send Alee a Yahoo! Message
Oh and I would say- don't use any soap what so ever on his face. If he is having issues with contact dermatitis, using soap just robs his skin of natural protection. Warm water only should be used to help keep the skin oils at optimum level. Really soap is only needed for germ killing on things like hands and to control body odor when you get older. I rarely bath Nora with soap...I just let her soak it all away in a nice fun bath

Alee
Farmgirl Sister #8
www.awarmheart.com
Please come visit Nora and me on our blog: www.farmgirlalee.blogspot.com
Put your pin on the farmgirl map! www.farmgirlmap.blogspot.com
Go to Top of Page

Sitnalta
True Blue Farmgirl

4208 Posts

Jessica
NJ
USA
4208 Posts

Posted - Dec 17 2008 :  6:00:56 PM  Show Profile
I only use soaps on his personal parts with a warm washcloth as it seems that that particlar place he sweat a lot and it smells just from his sweating. I am beginning to notice that some of it seems weather related and also stress. If he's stressed out or having a bad day his breakout worsens.
hugs

Jessie
Farmgirl Sister #235

Hope begins in the dark, the stubborn hope that if you just show up and try to do the right thing, the dawn will come. You wait and watch and work You don't give up.

Stop by my blog for a visit www.messiejessie2.blogspot.com
Go to Top of Page

kissmekate
True Blue Farmgirl

890 Posts

Kate
Delano Minnesota
890 Posts

Posted - Dec 17 2008 :  9:56:55 PM  Show Profile
My daughter has REALLY dry sensitive skin. She uses minimal soap products. The only lotion that we've been able to use on her skin is Gold Bond in the white bottle.

Don't miss out on a blessing, just because it isn't packaged the way you expected. ~MaryJo Copeland
Go to Top of Page

Sitnalta
True Blue Farmgirl

4208 Posts

Jessica
NJ
USA
4208 Posts

Posted - Dec 18 2008 :  08:05:02 AM  Show Profile
Kate,Is that something I could get at Walmart?
hugs

Jessie
Farmgirl Sister #235

Hope begins in the dark, the stubborn hope that if you just show up and try to do the right thing, the dawn will come. You wait and watch and work You don't give up.

Go to Top of Page

catscharm74
True Blue Farmgirl

4687 Posts

Heather
Texas
USA
4687 Posts

Posted - Dec 18 2008 :  08:16:12 AM  Show Profile  Send catscharm74 a Yahoo! Message
Charlie has the same problem with certain kinds of Ranch Dressing and really any kind of condiment, as this always ends up spread around his mouth rather than in it. : )

I keep a clean, wet washcloth at the dinner table to quickly wipe him up. When he did have diaper rash or any body rash, I use Burt's Bees Apricot oil or I swear by Boudreauxs butt paste (Walmart)...it works on the tough stuff quick.

Heather

Yee-Haw, I am a cowgirl!!!

Edited by - catscharm74 on Dec 18 2008 08:16:47 AM
Go to Top of Page

Sitnalta
True Blue Farmgirl

4208 Posts

Jessica
NJ
USA
4208 Posts

Posted - Dec 18 2008 :  12:43:45 PM  Show Profile
Heather,
I have seen Bourdeauxs in Walmart and checked it out a few times but I just never went as far to buy it. It wasn't labeled "Natural" or whatnot so I never did pick it up. Is it like Desitin or what?
I will have to get some the next time I am in there. ;)
hugs Jess

Jessie
Farmgirl Sister #235

Go to Top of Page

catscharm74
True Blue Farmgirl

4687 Posts

Heather
Texas
USA
4687 Posts

Posted - Dec 18 2008 :  12:53:21 PM  Show Profile  Send catscharm74 a Yahoo! Message
I don't like Desitin at all and we got really desperate as Charlie would poop and immediately break out. I don't know if it is natural or not, but it works. That and the Apricot oil were the only things that worked. We even had a prescription that burned his little nether reagions the minute we put it on him. I think they have a smaller box at Walmart. Let me know how it works.

Heather

Yee-Haw, I am a cowgirl!!!
Go to Top of Page

kissmekate
True Blue Farmgirl

890 Posts

Kate
Delano Minnesota
890 Posts

Posted - Dec 18 2008 :  3:11:02 PM  Show Profile
quote:
Originally posted by CRshelpmeet

Kate,Is that something I could get at Walmart?
hugs

Jessie
Farmgirl Sister #235

Well, Jessie, it isn't "natural", but yes you can buy it at Walmart. Buy it in the "tube" sized (about 6oz.) with the flip top. If you buy the pump bottle, you end up wasting it.
Make sure to buy the WHITE bottle, not the green or yellow bottle. Those two may burn baby's skin.

And I agree with Heather, the butt paste rules!!

Don't miss out on a blessing, just because it isn't packaged the way you expected. ~MaryJo Copeland
Go to Top of Page

MsCwick
True Blue Farmgirl

775 Posts

Cristine
Farmville Virginia
USA
775 Posts

Posted - Dec 18 2008 :  3:15:17 PM  Show Profile
I sell the Earth Mama Angel Baby line which is 100% natural and almost 100% organic.
http://www.thelittlegreenstore.net/#/earthmamaangelbaby/4531905294
of course you can get much more info from their website, www.earthmamaangelbaby.com
Go to Top of Page

Sitnalta
True Blue Farmgirl

4208 Posts

Jessica
NJ
USA
4208 Posts

Posted - Dec 20 2008 :  11:49:21 AM  Show Profile
Thanks,Cristine! Unfortunately, right now money is a little tight, but I will definitly keep you in mind because heaven knows Levi could surely use some help! :)
Thanks for sharing the link!
hugs

Jessie
Farmgirl Sister #235

Go to Top of Page

EnchantedWoodsGirl
True Blue Farmgirl

959 Posts

Kathy
New Jersey
USA
959 Posts

Posted - Dec 25 2008 :  5:03:48 PM  Show Profile
I make a homemade salve with chickweed, olive oil, beeswax and tea tree oil, I will be making a new batch soon and sell for $5 a tin, if you are interested, let me know. All homegrown and organic. Look under my profile on www.etsy.com under seller enchantedwoodherbs and you will see where feedback has been posted.
Kathy of the Enchanted Wood

Kathy of the Enchanted Wood
Farmgirl Sister #59
http://enchantedwoodmusings.blogspot.com/

Go to Top of Page

mandymcar
True Blue Farmgirl

73 Posts

Mandy
Montana
USA
73 Posts

Posted - Feb 03 2009 :  7:51:05 PM  Show Profile
Baby Line Soap:

http://www.tuscanyidea.com/en/elenco.asp?id=21&sg=Tutta%20la%20linea&gruppo=linea

There is often someone selling it on ebay, I got it as a gift and have had a hard time finding it again but it is very nice and mild.

www.twistedspoon.biz
www.haystackstudio.etsy.com
Go to Top of Page
  Herbal Wisdom: Previous Topic babys sensitive skin Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page