Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 General Chat Forum
 A Farm of My Own
 Anyone live in a manufactured home?**Pictures**
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Previous Page
Author A Farm of My Own: Previous Topic Anyone live in a manufactured home?**Pictures** Next Topic
Page: of 5

Mother Hen
True Blue Farmgirl

604 Posts

Cindy
Peck ID
USA
604 Posts

Posted - May 03 2010 :  8:04:30 PM  Show Profile
Thanks Sherrye, can't wait to try this. How long does it take to dry on the walls?

Cindy

FARMGIRLS CAN DO ANYTHING!!!
I will bless the Lord at all times: his praise shall continually be in my mouth. Psalms 34:1
Go to Top of Page

sherrye
True Blue Farmgirl

3775 Posts

sherry
bend in the high desert oregon
USA
3775 Posts

Posted - May 04 2010 :  06:53:53 AM  Show Profile
it is dry by the next day. if you choose to glaze it i would wait several days first.mine is fairly rough. i was hiding flaws in the sheet rock. i like the textured wrinkle look. i did practice first.it works too to have the pieces different sizes. i tore mine to sizes i liked and then put on wall.let us know how it works for you.it can be painted but i like the color of the natural bag. it matches my living room color which is a doe skin color. sherrye

the learn as we go silk purse farm
farmgirl #1014
Go to Top of Page

miss kris
True Blue Farmgirl

118 Posts

kris
mi
USA
118 Posts

Posted - May 04 2010 :  09:19:59 AM  Show Profile
Hello all manufactured home dwellers: I live in a double wide - its 10 years old - I wanted land over a house so I had to do but a double wide. I, too, am making it my home - my place to rest and be. There are things I don't like about it - but that is how life is. Most often, I am thankful for a home and land - so many people don't have that for many reasons but still they don't have it. But I too have my upsets - one = the bank! Many people are predigest against "trailers". Oh! well! You just have to let it go. Take care - Kris

For I know the plans I have for you...Jer.29:11
Go to Top of Page

katalind
True Blue Farmgirl

177 Posts

Kathy
Chapin SC
USA
177 Posts

Posted - May 24 2010 :  12:55:42 PM  Show Profile
After my divorce all I could afford was a mobile home. It's not technically mine but my parents that I'm renting for cheap. I was bummed at first but it's been nice and honestly I've been quit happy here. It's pretty old but was fixed up with vinyl siding and a screened in back porch which I love to go outside and sit while it raining. I'm even thinking when I become more financially stable of buying a new two story manufactured home. Have you seen them? There beautiful!
Go to Top of Page

Heather B
True Blue Farmgirl

562 Posts

Heather
Longmont Colorado
USA
562 Posts

Posted - Jun 02 2010 :  1:50:23 PM  Show Profile
Sherry, any chance you could post a picture, close up, of what your "paper bag" wall looks lik?

Heather

http://homesteadincity.blogspot.com/

"Only your real friends tell you when your face is dirty"
Farm Girl Sister #662
Go to Top of Page

Equusfriend
Farmgirl in Training

18 Posts

Deborah
Keystone Heights FL
18 Posts

Posted - Jun 06 2010 :  8:04:04 PM  Show Profile
We live in a ravine area of our 5 acres. The woods was so thick it was hard to walk through. But the view of the lake was down here and we decided to go with a manuf. home. We found a beautiful one on sale and they literally squeezed it in here by a grand daddy oak. What I like about ours is we put- "Cement board by Hardi board" up for skirting- It looks like stucco and is v. sturdy.Also the inside walls are light colored a creamy warm. tape and texture if you can afford it. Remember any home could have to be sold, as we don't have a crystal ball to know what is in store for us, money spent on the kitchen is usually recouped at the sale. Traditionally, mobile homes do not retain value like stick built. But if it is classically attractive, someone else is bound to love it too so that if you ever have to sell the classic looks could help. The best lesson for your kids- respect and love the home and items they are fortunate to have. Some people have none. Good luck and God's blessings on your endeavor!

Change your thoughts and change the world!
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 5 A Farm of My Own: Previous Topic Anyone live in a manufactured home?**Pictures** Next Topic  
Previous Page
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page