Julia
True Blue Farmgirl

1949 Posts

Julia
Shelton WA
USA
1949 Posts

Posted - Feb 03 2009 :  6:35:43 PM  Show Profile
With the loss of my hubby, an impending move, and temps in the '60s the past 2 days, my daughter and I have been in a made cleaning mode. Oi! the trips to the thrift store! I called today to have the thrift store bring their truck. After they hauled away everything I put in the carport, it felt like a burden lifted. My goal is to really downscale all my household 'stuff' so that I can live simply and spend less time cleaning and more time enjoying life and doing things I would like too. It is amazing to me how much stuff has accumulated since we moved to our home 6 years ago. Time to let someone else have it! Anyone else cleaning out closets?

For tomorrow and its needs I do not pray, but keep me, guide me, love me, Lord just for today.
St. Augustine

Alee
True Blue Farmgirl

22941 Posts

Alee
Worland Wy
USA
22941 Posts

Posted - Feb 03 2009 :  8:01:57 PM  Show Profile  Send Alee a Yahoo! Message
Our house is in a constant state of spring cleaning but I think this week we are really going to get crackin.

Alee
Farmgirl Sister #8
www.awarmheart.com
Please come visit Nora and me on our blog: www.farmgirlalee.blogspot.com
Put your pin on the farmgirl map! www.farmgirlmap.blogspot.com
Go to Top of Page

ddmashayekhi
True Blue Farmgirl

4738 Posts

Dawn
Naperville Illinois
USA
4738 Posts

Posted - Feb 03 2009 :  8:12:55 PM  Show Profile
I've been cleaning and purging around here too. I have been pacing myself and hope to be done by spring! It is satisfying to see how clean and tidy the things that I have done look so far.

Dawn in IL
Go to Top of Page

City Chick
True Blue Farmgirl

1402 Posts

Deb
Chattanooga TN
USA
1402 Posts

Posted - Feb 04 2009 :  04:32:47 AM  Show Profile
I'm purging here as well! We are "gutting" the second floor of our home this spring and putting in a new bathroom up there. I need to have everything ready by April. Every time one of the donation places calls I have vowed to have something ready for them. The first truck comes tomorrow!

In between that time I am hauling things to our local resale shop. I just learned that they have an alley drop off. You just ring the bell, they open the door and you drop off! Couldn't be more easy than that!

I want to live a simpler life. Less "stuff" = less stress. It feels so good to bless someone else with the things we no longer need or we have too much of.

It really does feel like a burden is lifted!

http://www.xanga.com/My_Pondering_Place
Go to Top of Page

milkmaid
True Blue Farmgirl

187 Posts

Heather
Higginsville Missouri
USA
187 Posts

Posted - Feb 04 2009 :  3:25:07 PM  Show Profile
We are expected to get some warmer weather here too and that always seems to make me want to clean!! I have been working on closets and such.. I am amazed at how much the closet contents grow when they come out of the closet!! Did I really have ALL THAT stuff in that little ole closet??

http://goodfarm.blogspot.com/

Mother to five awesome kids, wife of 17 years and milk maid to two beautiful cows. Living the good life!!!
Go to Top of Page

Julia
True Blue Farmgirl

1949 Posts

Julia
Shelton WA
USA
1949 Posts

Posted - Feb 04 2009 :  4:36:12 PM  Show Profile
I have to make a run to the Garbage dump too. My greenhouse and shed all need to be gone through. Yep Heather, if your closets are like mine... I think they are part of the Rabbit family, constantly breeding!

For tomorrow and its needs I do not pray, but keep me, guide me, love me, Lord just for today.
St. Augustine

Go to Top of Page

Grandma Mar
Farmgirl in Training

36 Posts

Marlene
Bolingbrook IL
USA
36 Posts

Posted - Feb 11 2009 :  1:26:14 PM  Show Profile
Last week I wanted to get a jump start on spring cleaning. After moving a couple of bookcases and purging books I no longer wanted, I decided to paint the wall behind them. One thing led to another and I ended up painting the whole living room with paint I had on hand. It looks so nice and fresh and finally--uncluttered. Now I'm anxious to finish other rooms before the warmer weather actually gets here. It's been easier to maintain since the deep cleaning has been taken care of already.

Mend and make do. - Old English Proverb
Go to Top of Page

graciegreeneyes
True Blue Farmgirl

3107 Posts

Amy Grace
Rosalia WA
USA
3107 Posts

Posted - Feb 11 2009 :  3:35:22 PM  Show Profile
Funny how that works....one thing leading to another.
I got the deep cleaning done in the kitchen right after Christmas, much easier to breathe in there now
Now if I only had a working truck so I could go to the dump.....
Amy Grace

Farmgirl #224
"use it up, wear it out, make it do, or do without"
Heirloom Mavens Badge Badger
Go to Top of Page
  Cleaning Up: Previous Topic Spring cleaning! Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page