Author Farm Kitchen: Previous Topic Peach Cobbler Next Topic  

Tin Lizzie
True Blue Farmgirl

91 Posts

Tx
USA
91 Posts

Posted - Feb 03 2009 :  05:43:44 AM  Show Profile
this uses canned peaches but it is wonderful. there is never any left when I take it to gatherings. The recipe does not turn out well if you pick up peaches packed in water.

1 large can sliced peaches in heavy syrup(do not drain)
1 small can sliced peaches in heavy syrup(DRAIN this can).(I think this is the approx. 15 oz. can)
2 sticks margarine or butter
1 1/4 cup water
2 cups sugar
1 cup bisquick or baking mix
1 pie crust
vanilla to taste(some like vanilla in their cobbler and some do not..I use about a teaspoon)
cinnamon to taste

Combine peaches,margarine, sugar and water. Bring to a boil and let boil a minute or two. Remove from heat. Add bisquick, vanilla and cinnamon. Pour into buttered 9x13 dish. Lay strips of pie crust on top. Sprinkle with sugar and cinnamon to taste. Bake at 350 until bubbly and pie crust is browning nicely.

janiee
True Blue Farmgirl

820 Posts

Janie
Shawnee Oklahoma
USA
820 Posts

Posted - Feb 03 2009 :  05:48:55 AM  Show Profile
this sounds wonderful! will be trying it soon. My grandmother made the best peach cobbler ever and no one has ever been able to duplicate her recipe....hope this one does..
janiee
farmgirl #390
Go to Top of Page

Tin Lizzie
True Blue Farmgirl

91 Posts

Tx
USA
91 Posts

Posted - Feb 03 2009 :  06:16:18 AM  Show Profile
it is good. on the cinnamon...I buy the saigon cinnamon from mccormick. it is in a jar...it is more expensive...but the cinnamon taste you get is as paula deen says "out of this world". Also...the last time I made it I picked up Osage canned peaches...not sure everyone can find them...these are canned in oklahoma I think. they also were a bit more expensive but really added to the taste.

Edited by - Tin Lizzie on Feb 03 2009 06:17:46 AM
Go to Top of Page

electricdunce
True Blue Farmgirl

2544 Posts

Karin
Belmont ME
USA
2544 Posts

Posted - Feb 03 2009 :  06:39:56 AM  Show Profile
Sounds delicious, thanks for posting this recipe. I got some of the Vietnamese cinnamon from Penzey's spices, they are online too, and it certainly does make a difference. The things you learn, late in life....

Karin

Farmgirl Sister #153

"Give me shelter from the storm" - Bob Dylan
http://moodranch.blogspot.com
http://domesticnonsense.etsy.com
Go to Top of Page

Tin Lizzie
True Blue Farmgirl

91 Posts

Tx
USA
91 Posts

Posted - Feb 03 2009 :  07:10:54 AM  Show Profile
yep. I like to watch ina garten on food network. and I started paying attention when she says "really good" something or other. so..started experimenting and have found that with some things(like the cinnamon) it really does make a difference. you can smell the difference with the cinnamon when you open the jar.
Go to Top of Page
  Farm Kitchen: Previous Topic Peach Cobbler Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page