Gaelic Gardener
True Blue Farmgirl

61 Posts

Kelly
Providence Rhode Island
USA
61 Posts

Posted - Feb 01 2009 :  05:33:14 AM  Show Profile
Hi, my name is Kelly. I live in the city, but I love to garden -- organically of course! I have 2 kitties and thousands of worms -- who compost my edible garbage. I would love to have chickens but there are 3 seperate city ordinances against it. I'm an award-winning rosarian. I practice Winter Sowing and am always interested in seed swaps. I have a small plot of land that I devote to my Cottage Flower Garden but I "farm" from container-grown vegetables on my patio.

I'm an Early Childhood Educator -- subbing now -- looking for a classroom of my own. I'm actually considering relocating to New Orleans because they are desperate for teachers. Eventually I would like to have my own preschool -- organic farm-based -- incorporating the principles of The Edible Schoolyard and the "No Child Left Inside" Coalition.

I knit, scrapbook, paint and I'm a novice sewer/quilter. I love to travel, read and surf the net. I'm a level 2 Reiki practitioner. I collect vintage Fiesta Ware, vintage glass and ceramics, art deco jewelry, vintage perfume bottles and vanity items.

I look forward to learning a lot on this board! Take Care! -- Kelly

kristin sherrill
True Blue Farmgirl

11303 Posts

kristin
chickamauga ga
USA
11303 Posts

Posted - Feb 02 2009 :  07:35:58 AM  Show Profile
Welcome to the farm, Kelly. Sounds like you are on the right track. I saw something about the the edible schoolyard. I think it's a great idea. Get those kids outside and growing their food. That's the best way to learn and they are more likely to eat what they grow and harvest. I hope you do get your own place to do that yourself. What fun!

Kris

Turn your face to the sun and the shadows fall behind you. Maori proverb
Go to Top of Page

ruralfarmgirl
True Blue Farmgirl

4309 Posts

Rene'
Prosser WA
USA
4309 Posts

Posted - Feb 02 2009 :  07:48:33 AM  Show Profile  Send ruralfarmgirl a Yahoo! Message
Hi Kelly, Welcome. I love your idea on a Pre-school, what kid wouldn't love that.We have a retired teacher here in my hometown that is working on that same kind of thing but with the exsisting food program in the local schools. Glad you found us!

Rene~Prosser Farmgirl #185
http://farmchicksfarm.blogspot.com/

Circumstances made us FRIENDS; MaryJane's has made us SISTERS :)

Edited by - ruralfarmgirl on Feb 02 2009 07:49:00 AM
Go to Top of Page

Mother Hen
True Blue Farmgirl

604 Posts

Cindy
Peck ID
USA
604 Posts

Posted - Feb 02 2009 :  2:40:12 PM  Show Profile
Welcome Kelly, glad you found us here. Looks like you will fit right in and have a grand time like the rest of us!! What a great idea for the pre-school thing, that's fantastic. I'm looking forward to getting to know you.

Cindy

I will bless the Lord at all times: his praise shall continually be in my mouth. Psalms 34:1
Go to Top of Page

kmbrown
True Blue Farmgirl

459 Posts

Misty
Waynesboro Pennsylvania
USA
459 Posts

Posted - Feb 02 2009 :  6:45:27 PM  Show Profile
So glad you found us Kelly. Looks like you are on track with organic gardening and all....that's wonderful!!
Look forward to getting to know you better!
Go to Top of Page
  **Welcome Wagon: Previous Topic Hello from Rhode Island! Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page