Save Password        REGISTER
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 General Chat Forum
 Make It Easy
 Love my new kitchen table *LOOK*
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Make It Easy: Previous Topic Love my new kitchen table *LOOK* Next Topic  

poverty girl
True Blue Farmgirl

51 Posts

Kristin
Fremont Ut
USA
51 Posts

Posted - Jan 31 2009 :  11:18:52 AM  Show Profile
don't know why this idea came into my head!! and right before christmas to?!?!? had my husband build me a picnic table for our kitchen; and i love it!! don't know why i decided to paint it blue either, never have been much of a blue fan. maybe the rug i purchased this past summer had something to do with it!! =0) let me know what you think, it adds a little farmhouse flair to my kitchen and seems more at home that our old table which was aspen logs (loved it about 10 years ago, but needed a change
****wasn't sure how to post a picture here so you'll have to click on over to my blog, sorry!!!*****

new blog!! www.prairiewhispers1892.blogspot.com
www.prairiewhispers.etsy.com

"There ain't no time for looking pretty when you've gotta slop the pigs."--Haddy Rennet

kristin sherrill
True Blue Farmgirl

11303 Posts

kristin
chickamauga ga
USA
11303 Posts

Posted - Jan 31 2009 :  11:34:46 AM  Show Profile
I love your blog! It's so pretty. And the table is beautiful. Ya'll did a great job. The paint looks sort of like a wash. It's neat. I like the rug. Where do you have it?

LAST mAY WHEN MY HUBBY WAS ON VACATION WE BUILT OUR TABLE. 8'X4' oopps all caps. Anyway, it's 4 8' long 2x10's and we used fence posts for legs. I just stained the table a pecan color and painted the legs white. It is so big and long. We can get 10-12 people around it. It's great at holidays. Kind of like the Walton's table.

Kris

Turn your face to the sun and the shadows fall behind you. Maori proverb
Go to Top of Page

poverty girl
True Blue Farmgirl

51 Posts

Kristin
Fremont Ut
USA
51 Posts

Posted - Jan 31 2009 :  11:39:35 AM  Show Profile
thanks kristin!! love your name and spelling ;0) the rug is in the center of my kitchen; right next to the table. my whole kitchen is done in roosters, mostly copper and rustic wire ones like the one on my table. so the rug and table really made everything pop!! your table sound wonderful. i wish i had room for something like that!! i've been working on my husband to build us a new house so i can entertain and have room, maybe a kitchen table was about all he could handle!!! ;0)

k

"There ain't no time for looking pretty when you've gotta slop the pigs."--Haddy Rennet
Go to Top of Page

AuntPammy
True Blue Farmgirl

488 Posts

Pamila
williamstown wv
USA
488 Posts

Posted - Jan 31 2009 :  11:40:29 AM  Show Profile  Click to see AuntPammy's MSN Messenger address
I love your table and your blog!!I am such a hugh fan of painted furniture. If it stands still here long enough it is going to end up painted!! Thanks for sharing.

"Keep your face to the sunshine and you will never see the shadow." Helen Keller

www.auntpsalmostheaven.blogspot.com
Go to Top of Page

dutchy
True Blue Farmgirl

4427 Posts

4427 Posts

Posted - Jan 31 2009 :  11:46:18 AM  Show Profile
Love the table AND the blog. LOL I became your first follower, YAY!

Hugs from Marian/Dutchy, a farmgirl from the Netherlands :)

My personal blog:
http://just-me-a-dutch-girl.blogspot.com/

Almost daily updates on me and mine :)
Go to Top of Page

jpbluesky
True Blue Farmgirl

6066 Posts

Jeannie
Florida
USA
6066 Posts

Posted - Jan 31 2009 :  11:50:29 AM  Show Profile
love you table and your blog! Wow, your life sounds like a wonderful farmgirl life!

Farmgirl Sister # 31

www.blueskyjeannie.blogspot.com

Psalm 51: 10-13
Go to Top of Page

Mumof3
True Blue Farmgirl

3890 Posts

Karin
Ellenwood GA
USA
3890 Posts

Posted - Jan 31 2009 :  12:39:00 PM  Show Profile
Very nice table and that rug is beautiful. I can see why it's a favorite! Your family is adorable. :)

Karin

Farmgirl Sister
# 18 :)

www.perfectlittlemiracle.blogspot.com
Go to Top of Page

electricdunce
True Blue Farmgirl

2544 Posts

Karin
Belmont ME
USA
2544 Posts

Posted - Jan 31 2009 :  1:37:51 PM  Show Profile
What a great table, and what a lovely shade of blue. Your blog looks great too....

Karin

Farmgirl Sister #153

"Give me shelter from the storm" - Bob Dylan
http://moodranch.blogspot.com
http://domesticnonsense.etsy.com
Go to Top of Page

Marybeth
True Blue Farmgirl

6418 Posts

Mary Beth
Stanwood Wa 98292
USA
6418 Posts

Posted - Jan 31 2009 :  6:21:16 PM  Show Profile
The table looks great. It's a keeper. MB

http://www.smallcityscenes.blogspot.com
www.strawberryhillsfarm.blogspot.com
www.day4plus.blogspot.com www.holyhouses-day4plus.blogspot.com
"Life may not be the party we hoped for...but while we are here we might as well dance!"
Go to Top of Page

Alee
True Blue Farmgirl

22941 Posts

Alee
Worland Wy
USA
22941 Posts

Posted - Jan 31 2009 :  6:23:35 PM  Show Profile  Send Alee a Yahoo! Message
I LOVE the table! Now I want one JUST like it!

Alee
Farmgirl Sister #8
www.awarmheart.com
Please come visit Nora and me on our blog: www.farmgirlalee.blogspot.com
Put your pin on the farmgirl map! www.farmgirlmap.blogspot.com
Go to Top of Page

poverty girl
True Blue Farmgirl

51 Posts

Kristin
Fremont Ut
USA
51 Posts

Posted - Jan 31 2009 :  8:48:12 PM  Show Profile
thanks girls for the wonderful comments! i've had a few questions on where the rug is located; the table sits in a little nook and the rug is next to the table in the middle of the kitchen. i don't have much to work with in my house. it was one of the first homes built in our area and it's been added onto piece by piece through the years. not much room; i'm not sure how they did it back in the days with 11 kids in a three bedroom, 1 bath home!! i love it; but don't have the money to really give it the work it needs, oh well it provides shelter for my kids, right?!!?!?
i'll keep dreaming =0)

Go to Top of Page

Duchess
True Blue Farmgirl

109 Posts

Iowa
USA
109 Posts

Posted - Feb 01 2009 :  05:40:49 AM  Show Profile
Some times you have to be creative and do things a bit differently.
When I was young there was a family with 10 children in a two bedroom home. The father took four metal double beds and made bunk beds out of them. As the boys grew up they all joined the service, wonder why??
When I have a big project and not enough funds I break it down into segments. My current project if to paint the outside of our home, I really dislike the color it is now. So I go to this old house and find the calculator for paint, decide on the color and will buy the paint five gallons at a time. I do the same with building projects, figure what is needed and buy it as I have the money. Doing it this way makes it much less painful.
I am also planning a much larger garden, I was amazed at how well things grew and how much we enjoyed picking our vegetables fresh. I learned to can and will also freeze our crop. I found plans on Mother Earth for a greenhouse that can be heated with solar and will not be hard to build. My husband and I are making this one of our summer projects. This way I can grow vegetables all year round. I have also ordered more fruit trees as well as berry bushes. Last year I made strawberry jam that came out wonderfully. I planted heirloom tomatoes that were so good, I canned salsa and tomato sauce, I used the herbs I had grown. I loved the idea of all I was saving and also that I knew what was used on the plants. There are many ways to streach what we have, make your own cleaning supplies etc. Lots of information here at Mary Jane's. Best of luck to you and your wonderful little family.

http://theclarkhomestead.blogspot.com/

http://Duchess56051.etsy.com
Go to Top of Page

milkmaid
True Blue Farmgirl

187 Posts

Heather
Higginsville Missouri
USA
187 Posts

Posted - Feb 01 2009 :  09:48:09 AM  Show Profile
I love your table!! Picnic tables are so great my husbands family always had one and it was well loved. I really like the paint job. I think the washing effect hids so much grime!! I need to get inspired to get some painting done around here!

http://goodfarm.blogspot.com/

Mother to five awesome kids, wife of 17 years and milk maid to two beautiful cows. Living the good life!!!
Go to Top of Page

DearMildred
True Blue Farmgirl

223 Posts

Amanda
Tulsa OK
USA
223 Posts

Posted - Feb 02 2009 :  3:35:02 PM  Show Profile
Super cute table! Love the color, too!

~~~Amanda in OK~~~

I made an airplane out of stone. I always did like staying home. -Shel Silverstein
Go to Top of Page

ddmashayekhi
True Blue Farmgirl

4739 Posts

Dawn
Naperville Illinois
USA
4739 Posts

Posted - Feb 02 2009 :  5:08:55 PM  Show Profile
The table looks so cheerful. My mom collects chickens and she would love your wire one! Thanks for sharing with us.

Dawn in IL
Go to Top of Page

Especially For You
True Blue Farmgirl

541 Posts

Tina
Watkinsville GA
541 Posts

Posted - Feb 03 2009 :  06:01:37 AM  Show Profile
cute table love the roosters i collect them too. you husband did a great job!!

Tina
Watkinsville GA
Go to Top of Page

mikesgirl
True Blue Farmgirl

3659 Posts

Sherri
Elma WA
USA
3659 Posts

Posted - Feb 03 2009 :  07:44:38 AM  Show Profile
Scrolled through your blog - good looking family!

Farmgirl Sister #98
Check out my new online store
http://www.shopthefrontier.com/VFstore/index.php?manufacturers_id=79&osCsid=6be4b25bf9555031c6e2e86bbde23dba
Go to Top of Page
  Make It Easy: Previous Topic Love my new kitchen table *LOOK* Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page