Grandma Mar
Farmgirl in Training

36 Posts

Marlene
Bolingbrook IL
USA
36 Posts

Posted - Jan 31 2009 :  10:25:15 AM  Show Profile
Does anyone have a delicious recipe for quick and easy cinnamon rolls? My husband loves them, and I'm looking for something a bit different than the one I use most often.

Mend and make do. - Old English Proverb

Prairie Princess
True Blue Farmgirl

1075 Posts

Jodi
Washington
USA
1075 Posts

Posted - Feb 02 2009 :  07:07:11 AM  Show Profile
I'd also be interested in a good cinnamon roll recipe.... I have one, but it turns out more like rolls with sugar and cinnamon than gooey cinnamon rolls, lol.

~Jodi

"Women are like teabags...you never know how strong they are until they get into hot water." Eleanor Roosevelt
Go to Top of Page

FebruaryViolet
True Blue Farmgirl

4810 Posts

Jonni
Elsmere Kentucky
USA
4810 Posts

Posted - Feb 02 2009 :  07:08:29 AM  Show Profile
Sorry...everytime I've tried to make them, they come out overdry, or just not enough cinnamon. We just stick to good ole' pillsbury :)
Go to Top of Page

gramadinah
True Blue Farmgirl

3557 Posts

Diana
Orofino ID
USA
3557 Posts

Posted - Feb 03 2009 :  11:23:01 AM  Show Profile
I got an easy one off this thread let me see if I can find it. Has Vanilla pudding in it and is really a good moist cinnamon roll. Hang on let me go look.

Diana

Farmgirl Sister #273
Go to Top of Page

gramadinah
True Blue Farmgirl

3557 Posts

Diana
Orofino ID
USA
3557 Posts

Posted - Feb 03 2009 :  11:37:28 AM  Show Profile
here it is.Posted - Dec 13 2005 : 8:03:25 PM
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Ok, this is not my recipe, but I found it and it sounds really good and easy.

Cinnamon Rolls
(dough)
1/4 cup warm water
1/4 cup butter, melted
1/2 (3.4 ounce) package instant
vanilla pudding mix
1 cup warm milk
1 egg, room temperature
1 tablespoon white sugar
1/2 teaspoon salt
4 cups bread flour
1 (.25 ounce) package active dry yeast
(filling)
1/4 cup butter, softened
1 cup brown sugar
4 teaspoons ground cinnamon
3/4 cup chopped pecans
(frosting)
1/2 (8 ounce) package cream
cheese, softened
1/4 cup butter, softened
1 cup confectioners' sugar
1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
1 1/2 teaspoons milk

In the pan of your bread machine, combine water, melted butter, vanilla pudding, warm milk, egg, 1 tablespoon sugar, salt, bread flour and yeast. Set machine to Dough cycle; press Start. (this can also be mixed by hand in a bowl).

When Dough cycle has finished, turn dough out onto a lightly floured surface and roll into a 17x10 inch rectangle. Spread with softened butter. In a small bowl, stir together brown sugar, cinnamon and pecans. Sprinkle brown sugar mixture over dough.

Roll up dough, beginning with long side. Slice into 16 one inch slices
and place in 9x13 buttered pan. Let rise in a warm place until doubled, about 45 minutes. Meanwhile, preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C).

Bake in preheated oven for 15 to 20 minutes. While rolls bake, stir
together cream cheese, softened butter, confectioners' sugar, vanilla and milk.Remove rolls from oven and top with frosting.

or use this frosting...you may like it better....

1 (3 ounce) package cream cheese, softened 1/4 cup butter, softened 1 1/2 cups confectioners' sugar 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract 1/8 teaspoon salt

Beat together cream cheese, 1/4 cup butter, confectioners' sugar, vanilla extract and salt. Spread frosting on warm rolls before serving

I don't have a bread maching so I mixed it up in my kitchen aid and used the dough hook and kneeded the dough for 7 mins. shaped the rolls rolled out and spread the cinnamon mixture and placed in the pan and let rise till double and baked.

Farmgirl Sister #273
Go to Top of Page

olive610
Farmgirl in Training

40 Posts

Mary-Alice
Missouri City TX
USA
40 Posts

Posted - Feb 03 2009 :  2:27:54 PM  Show Profile
I have one but you have to use the Herman Starter. If anybody is interested I can post the directions for the starter and the recipe for the rolls.

"Life is a great big canvas, and you should throw all the paint on it you can." Danny Kaye
Go to Top of Page

chicken necker
True Blue Farmgirl

509 Posts

Sherry
Eastern Shore Maryland
USA
509 Posts

Posted - Feb 04 2009 :  07:49:34 AM  Show Profile  Send chicken necker an AOL message
This is from the Barefoot Contessa.

Easy Sticky Buns

Ingredients:
12 tablespoons (1 1/2 sticks) unsalted butter, at room temperature
1/3 cup light brown sugar, lightly packed
1/2 cup pecans, chopped in large pieces
1 package (2-sheets) frozen puff pastry, defrosted
For the filling:
2 tablespoons unsalted butter, melted and cooled
2/3 cup light brown sugar, lightly packed
3 teaspoons ground cinnamon
1 cup raisins

Directions:
Preheat oven to 400 degrees. Place a 12 cup standard muffin tin on a sheet pan lined with parchment paper.
In the bowl of an electric mixer, combine the 12 tablespoons butter and 1/3 cup brown sugar. Place 1 rounded tablespoon of the mixture in each of the muffin cups. Distribute the pecans evenly among the cups on top of the butter/sugar mixture.
Lightly flour a wooden boar or stone surface. Unfold 1 sheet of puff pastry with the folds going left to right. Brush the whole sheet with the melted butter. Leaving a 1 inch border on the puff pastry, sprinkle 1/3 cup brown sugar, 1 1/2 teaspoons of cinnamon, and 1/2 cup raisins. Starting with the end nearest you, roll the pastry up snugly like a jelly roll around the filling, finishing with the seam side down. Trim the ends of the roll about 1/2 inch and discard. Slice the roll in 6 equal pieces, each about 1 1/2 inch wide. Place each piece, spiral side up, in 6 of the muffin cups. Repeat with the second sheet of puff pastry to make 12 sitcky buns.
Bake for 30 minutes, until the sticky buns are golden to dark brown on top and firm to the touch. Be careful - they're hot! Allow to cool for 5 minutes only, invert the buns onto the parchment paper (ease the filling and pecans out onto the buns with a spoon) and cool completely.

FarmGirl Sister #123

Crafty Bay FarmGirls Chapter

"Whether you think you can or think you can't, either way, you're right." Henry Ford
Go to Top of Page

milkmaid
True Blue Farmgirl

187 Posts

Heather
Higginsville Missouri
USA
187 Posts

Posted - Feb 04 2009 :  3:33:04 PM  Show Profile
I have made the rolls with the pudding and man are they good.... too good can you see them still on my hips??? I have to not think about them or I want to make them then I want to eat them and yes I said THEM!! Big glass of fresh milk with the cream and a cinnamon roll and I have gone to heaven!! (and the cream and roll straight to my ever expanding hips) Stay away from the cinnamon roll it's a warning!!! your clothes will never fit the same again.

http://goodfarm.blogspot.com/

Mother to five awesome kids, wife of 17 years and milk maid to two beautiful cows. Living the good life!!!
Go to Top of Page

nampafarmgirl
True Blue Farmgirl

494 Posts

Kim
Nampa ID
USA
494 Posts

Posted - Feb 10 2009 :  11:35:22 AM  Show Profile
Diana, I made your cinnamin rolls this past sunday and they were gone by yesterday! They were yummy and easy!

Kim
Farmgirl Sister # 302
Go to Top of Page

ddmashayekhi
True Blue Farmgirl

4738 Posts

Dawn
Naperville Illinois
USA
4738 Posts

Posted - Feb 10 2009 :  1:55:07 PM  Show Profile
Sherry, I have that new "Barefoot Contessa Back to Basics" cookbook too. I have and love all of the "Barefoot" books. I made these rolls a few weeks ago and they were delicious and came out perfect. They were simple and delicious! My kind of recipe!

Dawn in IL
Go to Top of Page

KayB
True Blue Farmgirl

540 Posts

Kay
Del City Oklahoma
USA
540 Posts

Posted - Mar 18 2009 :  2:19:00 PM  Show Profile
I have the Sandra Lee Semi-Homemade that is made out of frozen bread dough and all kinds of goodies for the filling. It's quick and easy when you don't have a lot of time.

Life's a dance you learn as you go
Go to Top of Page

nampafarmgirl
True Blue Farmgirl

494 Posts

Kim
Nampa ID
USA
494 Posts

Posted - Mar 18 2009 :  2:44:59 PM  Show Profile
Diana, I have made your cinnamin rolls about 6 times now and each time they come out wonderful. I even make enough to pass on to the neigbors as a thank you for doing nice things for me. I always get thank you they were the best I have ever had.

Kim
Farmgirl Sister # 302
Go to Top of Page

MandyC
Farmgirl in Training

18 Posts

Mandy
New York
18 Posts

Posted - Mar 20 2009 :  1:08:57 PM  Show Profile
I have made Diana's cinnamon rolls too. They are heavenly!
Go to Top of Page
  Farm Kitchen: Previous Topic Easy Cinnamon Rolls Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page