True Blue Farmgirl

98 Posts

Tania
Boise ID
USA
98 Posts

Posted - Jan 05 2006 :  09:28:17 AM  Show Profile
Hey girls,

Wondering if anyone knows of good hair products that are non allergenic. I am reacting to every botanical in the "good" products so I am looking for something less irritating. Clinique doesn't make hair products anymore so I am kind of lost.

Any ideas?

Tania in Boise

Tatiana
True Blue Farmgirl

98 Posts

Tania
Boise ID
USA
98 Posts

Posted - Jan 05 2006 :  09:29:37 AM  Show Profile
Oh by the way I swim alot tot!

Tania
Go to Top of Page

Bridge
True Blue Farmgirl

814 Posts

Bridgette
Southern Indiana
USA
814 Posts

Posted - Jan 05 2006 :  1:51:13 PM  Show Profile
I really like the Jason brand of products. They have one called SwimSport. It does not contain Llauryl Sulfates, Laureth Sulfates, Animal Testing, Animal By-Products.

Link For a google search on it:
http://www.google.com/search?hl=en&q=Jason shampoo swim
You will have to add + after Jason & Shampoo, it keeps dropping them:(

Link to Jason website
http://www.jason-natural.com/

I also like Millcreek,Giovanni,Avalon. Jason is the one I use the most and I new they had one specificly for swimmers.

Edited by - Bridge on Jan 05 2006 1:53:48 PM
Go to Top of Page

Tatiana
True Blue Farmgirl

98 Posts

Tania
Boise ID
USA
98 Posts

Posted - Jan 07 2006 :  4:42:11 PM  Show Profile
Thankyou Bridgette, I'll check it out.

Tania
Go to Top of Page

flowerkeeper
Farmgirl in Training

21 Posts

rhonda
beaumont texas
USA
21 Posts

Posted - Jan 09 2006 :  4:16:53 PM  Show Profile
All of the personal care products from Neutrogena are wonderful, and I can personally attest for the shampoo and conditioner.

all that glitters is not gold, and all who wander aren't lost....
Go to Top of Page

CountryGirl85
True Blue Farmgirl

225 Posts

Laura
Oswego IL
USA
225 Posts

Posted - Jan 09 2006 :  8:21:45 PM  Show Profile  Send CountryGirl85 an AOL message  Send CountryGirl85 a Yahoo! Message
My favorite is Nature's Gate. The chamomile kind is really nice and very gentle. And it doesn't have that fake flowery smell like so many "botanical" shampoos. The original is nice, too. Here's the website: http://www.worldpantry.com/cgi-bin/ncommerce3/CategoryDisplay?cgmenbr=172831&cgrfnbr=176183]

Laura

PS First time I posted a link so if it doesn't work, I'll try again!
Go to Top of Page

cherryhillhouse
Farmgirl in Training

27 Posts

Barb
Dorr MI
USA
27 Posts

Posted - Jan 10 2006 :  08:58:19 AM  Show Profile
Have you tried a baby shampoo from an organic company? Some of those have very few ingredients besides the cleaning ones. I refer frequently to the book entitled something like "don't go to the cosmetic counter without me" - or some such thing. The author has done extensive research on many many products and knows which ones tend to cause allergic reactions. She has mentioned several botanicals that do just that. I have a raft of skin sensitivities so I know how difficult it can be to find just the right product. Good luck.
Barb

Go to Top of Page

lonestargal
True Blue Farmgirl

607 Posts

Kristi
Texas
607 Posts

Posted - Jan 15 2006 :  6:06:55 PM  Show Profile
One of my favorites is from the Giovanni line. I have used the 50/50 shampoo and conditioner and also the Smooth as Silk line. They have a leave-in called Direct Leave-in that is awesome. BTW I swim a lot too but I always put oil in my hair or coat it heavily with conditioner and then put my hair in a bun before I swim. All the Giovanni stuff is very gentle and organic. I can buy it at my local grocery store and also the health food store.
Go to Top of Page

Jana
True Blue Farmgirl

482 Posts

Jana
Eau Claire Wisconsin
USA
482 Posts

Posted - Jan 28 2006 :  7:17:46 PM  Show Profile
My favorite shampoo is Aussie Moist. It doesn't have any parabens in it, as my dermatologist advised me to stay away from products with those. I have psoriasis on my scalp, and while nothing really "cures" it, this shampoo seems to work well for me.

Jana
Go to Top of Page

therusticcottage
True Blue Farmgirl

4439 Posts

Kay
Vancouver WA
USA
4439 Posts

Posted - Jan 28 2006 :  8:53:28 PM  Show Profile
Try Trader Joe's shampoo and conditioner if you have one close. It is awesome, organic, and only $2.49 for a big bottle.

http://therusticcottage.etsy.com

http://rusticcottage.blogspot.com/
Go to Top of Page

22angel
True Blue Farmgirl

498 Posts

Pam
Manitoba
Canada
498 Posts

Posted - Mar 31 2006 :  8:43:39 PM  Show Profile
Try the stuff from Lush (go to www.lush.com and click on your country). I'm not going to try linking it b/c I can't figure out how to do it but it will work the other way! They have different shampoos, all natural...check it out. They also have forums where you can ask questions, browse other's reviews etc. It's a pretty cool site!

Life isn't about finding yourself. It's about creating yourself.
Go to Top of Page
  Cleaning Up: Previous Topic Shampoo and conditioner Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page