Past Blessings
True Blue Farmgirl

1083 Posts

Brenda
Orchard Prairie WA
USA
1083 Posts

Posted - Jan 29 2009 :  11:37:55 AM  Show Profile
I just found this site! It is really a great concept. You buy gift certificates for restaurants in your area, for a fraction of the original cost ($10.00 certificate for $3.00 or $25.00 certificate for $10.00!) I am hoping more and more restaurants will join and do this. You simply choose which ones you want, pay on-line with a credit or debit card and print the gift certificates off on your computer! I have been wanting to try out "Catacombs" in downtown Spokane and now this will make it possible for my hubby and I to finally get our "very late" anniversary date in! The site is www.restaurants.com.

Hugs & blessings,

Brenda

Past Blessings . . . Celebrating Life as it used to be . . . when people loved God, loved their families and loved their country.

rabbithorns
True Blue Farmgirl

544 Posts

Allison
Fort Scott KS
USA
544 Posts

Posted - Jan 29 2009 :  11:42:25 AM  Show Profile
I can't see any gift certificate offers for the ones I searched for. Just info about the restaurants. How do you purchase one?

Oh, I found it! But it says the $10 gift certificate that costs $3 is only good with minimum purchase of $20 and it's for lunch only, and the $25 gift certificate for $10 is only good with minimum $35 purchase....and 18% gratuity can be added it says....dinner only...

Definitely good if you're going out anyway.

I'm going to look through them. Thanks for the link.

http://www.rabbithorns.etsy.com & www.wayofthewife.blogspot.com

Edited by - rabbithorns on Jan 29 2009 11:48:33 AM
Go to Top of Page

bohemiangel
True Blue Farmgirl

2087 Posts

Bridget
Ligonier pa
USA
2087 Posts

Posted - Jan 29 2009 :  12:02:48 PM  Show Profile  Send bohemiangel an AOL message  Click to see bohemiangel's MSN Messenger address  Send bohemiangel a Yahoo! Message
Ah yes I keep meaning to do this it is worth it or so it seems. I always wonder if its too good to be true?!

**~~Farmgirl Sister #60~~**
"... to thine ownself be true."

http://liggybitsandpieces.blogspot.com/
http://ligonierliving.blogspot.com/

Go to Top of Page

Past Blessings
True Blue Farmgirl

1083 Posts

Brenda
Orchard Prairie WA
USA
1083 Posts

Posted - Jan 30 2009 :  12:07:34 AM  Show Profile
Yes, many of them have a minimum to spend. So let's say you did have to spend $20.00 (most in Spokane are only $15). You only spent $3.00 for the first $10.00, so that means it cost $13.00, not $20.00.) I fully believe in tipping a good waitress/waiter anyway, so that to me has no bearing. If it is a $35.00 meal and you spent $10.00 for the first $25.00, your actual cost is $20.00. Anyway about it, you will save significantly. It is simply a way for the restaurants to gain customers, especially in a hard economic market. If my husband and I can go to a nice sit down restaurant for our anniversary dinner and save over 40%, it seems like a good thing to me.

Hugs & blessings,

Brenda

Past Blessings . . . Celebrating Life as it used to be . . . when people loved God, loved their families and loved their country.
Go to Top of Page

Sitnalta
True Blue Farmgirl

4208 Posts

Jessica
NJ
USA
4208 Posts

Posted - Jan 30 2009 :  09:59:32 AM  Show Profile
How cool is that! It sounds like a really good deal.What a great way to be "Nifty Thrifty"!!
hugs

Jessie
Farmgirl Sister #235

Stashaholics Anonymous Member since Jan. 29th, 2008 :)

Life should NOT be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in an attractive and well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, chocolate in one hand, cookies in the other, body thoroughly used up, totally worn out and screaming. "WOOHOO, What a Ride!"

Stop by my blog for a visit www.messiejessie2.blogspot.com
Go to Top of Page

simplyflowers
True Blue Farmgirl

489 Posts

Jamie
Locust Grove Virginia
USA
489 Posts

Posted - Jan 30 2009 :  11:45:21 AM  Show Profile
Wow That's COOL!!!

"Opportunity is missed by most people because it is dressed in overalls and looks like work." -- Thomas Edison

Check out my blog!! http://bestcoupleintown.blogspot.com/
Go to Top of Page

milkmaid
True Blue Farmgirl

187 Posts

Heather
Higginsville Missouri
USA
187 Posts

Posted - Jan 30 2009 :  2:50:21 PM  Show Profile
Too cool I love to go out with my sweetie I'll have to see if they have any in our area.

http://goodfarm.blogspot.com/

Mother to five awesome kids, wife of 17 years and milk maid to two beautiful cows. Living the good life!!!
Go to Top of Page

Past Blessings
True Blue Farmgirl

1083 Posts

Brenda
Orchard Prairie WA
USA
1083 Posts

Posted - Feb 01 2009 :  11:57:54 PM  Show Profile
So I actually did it . . . I went to the site and spent $28.00 and I got $85.00 worth of gift certificates. The required "minimums" are reasonable. I just hope more and more restaurants will join this great site. Make sure it is restaurant.com you go to and not restaurants.com, which is totally different.

Hugs & blessings,

Brenda

Go to Top of Page
  Across the Fence: Previous Topic A great way to save money! Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page