Author Weather Report: Previous Topic Oklahoma Ice & Snow Next Topic  

Choctaw Farm Gal
Farmgirl in Training

46 Posts

Nancy
Oklahoma
46 Posts

Posted - Jan 28 2009 :  06:16:08 AM  Show Profile
It's hovering around 20 degrees in our back hills of SE Oklahoma. The trees are frozen with ice & plenty of snow covering the ice on the ground. We still have power.Are there any other Oklahoma Farm girls out there with a storm report?

farmmommy
True Blue Farmgirl

500 Posts

Kelley
Texas
USA
500 Posts

Posted - Jan 28 2009 :  06:29:06 AM  Show Profile
Hey Nancy, I'm not in SE Oklahoma, but I did just move from there to East Texas, and I think ya'll are having the same conditions as we are....In the 20's, ice on roads, and COLD!!!...lOl Have you found a chapter near you yet? How far are you from Durant? I was part of a chapter there that got started last summer, but dewindled off, but I know that there is one gal who would really like to get it going again....anyhow, hope you stay warm, we're trying to, luckily the forecast shows the next 4 days to be sunny and mild!! I'll keep my fingers crossed...lol....Kelley
Go to Top of Page

Choctaw Farm Gal
Farmgirl in Training

46 Posts

Nancy
Oklahoma
46 Posts

Posted - Jan 28 2009 :  06:57:56 AM  Show Profile
HI Kelly, sounds like we are having similar weather. It is so cold but it is also very pretty! I have a wood stove & the warm fire is keeping the cabin cozy. One great thing about cold, icey OK weather is it usually lasts only 3-4 days before things warm up & thaw. I'm cooking bean soup in the crockpot and baking bread. Until the temps rise, we'll be iced in due to the ice on the steep hills we have to cross getting to town. My place is about an hour & a half drive to Durant. I hadn't heard of a chapter near our region, even though every woman I know who lives in SE Oklahoma is a real farm girl of some sort & fashion! Farm ladies are typically so busy & many in our area don't have a computer at home. It's so nice to hear from you, neighbor! Nancy
Go to Top of Page
  Weather Report: Previous Topic Oklahoma Ice & Snow Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page