dkelewae
True Blue Farmgirl

1310 Posts

Diana
Saint Peters MO
USA
1310 Posts

Posted - Jan 26 2009 :  5:05:26 PM  Show Profile
Is what we're under tonight until 6pm tomorrow evening. Right now we have heavy combo of sleet and snow coming down, which is supposed to turn to all snow by 10pm. 4-6" accumulation and the high tomorrow will be in the teens.

Gawd I can't wait for Spring!

Diana
Farmgirl Sister #272
St. Peters MO
Country Girl trapped in the city!

http://farmgirldreams.blogspot.com/

Suzan
True Blue Farmgirl

659 Posts

suzanne
duncannon pa
USA
659 Posts

Posted - Jan 26 2009 :  6:24:28 PM  Show Profile
And I think we are supposed to get tomorrow evening what you are getting now - good thing I love winter...
Go to Top of Page

Sandra K. Licher
True Blue Farmgirl

1106 Posts

Sandra
Horseshoe Bend Arkansas
1106 Posts

Posted - Jan 26 2009 :  7:03:31 PM  Show Profile
We have ice already and they are saying that there might be a heavy accumulation that will take the power out. We had plenty of warning starting Sunday so I was able to get to the store and get "supplies" even ice melt so the dog can go down the steps. I have plenty of food, did my laundry today and plenty of firewood but so far so good as you can tell by being able to post here! Stay warm and safe!

Sam in AR..... "It's a great life if you don't weaken!"
Farmgirl Sister #226

www.farmgirlsam.blogspot.com
Go to Top of Page

K-Falls Farmgirl
Chapter Leader

2096 Posts

Cheryl
Klamath Falls Oregon
USA
2096 Posts

Posted - Jan 26 2009 :  8:06:33 PM  Show Profile
It is REALY COLD right now .. 17 degrees and we are supposed to be 13 tonight..I am afraid its going to be even colder that that... brrrrrrrrrrrrrr Feels like -5. Hope my girls stay cozy in their studio. They have the "red light" on.. Hmmmmmmmmmmm does that mean they live in the redlight district? Well if so they will be Hot! *giggling*

http://www.k-fallsfarmgirl.blogspot.com/
Come visit the barn at http://barndoorcreations.blogspot.com/
Cheryl
Farmgirl #309
"If you don't like something, change it. If you can't change it, change your attitude." Maya Angelou
Go to Top of Page

willowtreecreek
True Blue Farmgirl

4813 Posts

Julie
Russell AR
USA
4813 Posts

Posted - Jan 26 2009 :  8:23:01 PM  Show Profile
We're getting it here! (Hi Sam!!!) I teach and we already got the call tonight that school is cancelled tomorrow! YEAH!!!

Farmgirl Sister #17
Blog
www.willowtreecreek.wordpress.com
Go to Top of Page

Huckelberrywine
True Blue Farmgirl

1607 Posts

Michelle
Rosalia
1607 Posts

Posted - Jan 26 2009 :  9:43:13 PM  Show Profile
Cold here too...what a winter the whole nation is having. Yikes. I guess it was -13 below in Pullman last night. Snow is supposed to come tonight and cloud cover will help it warm a bit. The sun sure was pretty to see after weeks of fog. Hope you all stay safe and warm!

We make a difference. http://huckleberrywine.blogspot.com
Go to Top of Page

Betty J.
True Blue Farmgirl

1403 Posts

Betty
Pasco WA
USA
1403 Posts

Posted - Jan 26 2009 :  9:51:50 PM  Show Profile
I'm not trying to "compete" with ya'll for the coldest, but just to let you know I hear you. Last I looked, it was 17°F here, but we have clear skies and that could explain it. We didn't get over 29°F here today, but the sun was shining and that made my pooch happy and me happy too.

I'm with everyone else here, COME ON Spring, we're awaitin'.

Betty in Pasco
Go to Top of Page

82kygal
True Blue Farmgirl

548 Posts

Laura
Somerset Kentucky
USA
548 Posts

Posted - Jan 27 2009 :  09:08:45 AM  Show Profile
It is raining and freezing here in KY. We lost power this morning and just got it back. It is supposed to get worse tonight. My poor trees

With God, all things are possible. (Mark 10:27)
What ever you are, be a good one. (Abe Lincoln)
Go to Top of Page

Bellepepper
True Blue Farmgirl

1207 Posts

Belle
Coffeyville KS
USA
1207 Posts

Posted - Jan 27 2009 :  11:35:31 AM  Show Profile
Combination of frozen fog, mist and snow here in S.E. KS. Not tooo cold, 18 I think. I know that sounds cold but tooo cold in when it gets down in the single digets. Like 5 or -5 like it was a month ago. #1 son called last week, he is working in Chicago area. He said it was 40 degrees warmer than it was the week before and it was still only 20.

Our roads started getting slick a little after noon yesterday and is supposed to continue this until late this evening. Above freezing and a little sun for tomorrow. Does that mean it's spring?
Go to Top of Page

cathy cobblestone
True Blue Farmgirl

194 Posts

cathy
greensburg ky
USA
194 Posts

Posted - Jan 27 2009 :  11:43:04 AM  Show Profile
I was so hoping for some pretty snow - but unfortunately we are just getting ice here in central KY. I feel blessed by the fact however, that is has been jus' raining most of the day not adding to what we received overnight. I think it is suppose to turn to snow maybe by tomorrow - I'll welcome the white stuff but the ice - simply to dangerous for everybody and not good on anything!!! Everybody stay safe and enjoy staying in with with homemade cookies and hot chocolate!!! Blessings, Cathy

www.cobblestonefarms.blogspot.com

Today is a gift, live it!
Go to Top of Page
  Weather Report: Previous Topic Winter Storm Warning.... Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page