Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password        REGISTER
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 General Chat Forum
 Barnyard Buddies
 This little Wren is making quite a noise!!!
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Barnyard Buddies: Previous Topic This little Wren is making quite a noise!!! Next Topic  

FebruaryViolet
True Blue Farmgirl

4810 Posts

Jonni
Elsmere Kentucky
USA
4810 Posts

Posted - Jan 28 2009 :  06:04:09 AM  Show Profile
We are iced and snowed in, so I wanted to treat our bird friends a bit, and I put out some citrus halves, spread with peanut butter, craisins and yogurt covered raisins. Well, someone has removed all the "good stuff" from the tops of the citrus halves, and set them on the window sill...and this little Carolina Wren is making a RACKETT, pecking at the yogurt covered raisins--he's actually trying to "stab" them, instead of pick them up with his long beak. Silly little thing!

frannie
True Blue Farmgirl

2246 Posts

fran
bonham texas
USA
2246 Posts

Posted - Jan 28 2009 :  11:02:24 AM  Show Profile  Send frannie a Yahoo! Message
hey, febvi, have tried to reach you and wondered if the little one had made an early arrival. so good to see your post. i have finally made the transition back to the farm, although my friend took very good care of me. i usually feed the birds out side the windows in the kitchen and living room, but while i was gone they did not get fed. when i arrived back home i got a lot of complaints from them so i had to get some feed and let them have a big helping. love to hear about your little wren.
i hope you are continuing to feel good and are ready for the little one. any change in the due date?

love
frannie in texas
(http://abunnystale.wordpress.com/)
Go to Top of Page

acairnsmom
True Blue Farmgirl

1319 Posts

audrey
cheyenne wy
1319 Posts

Posted - Jan 28 2009 :  11:25:20 AM  Show Profile
Your Wren sounds like he's being very busy this morning. I love to feed the birds. I have one tube feeder, two platform feeders and two suet feeders for my feathered friends. They are ever so much more entertaining than what you'll find on the TV, especially during the day! I don't even mind the pesky squirrels coming to the diner! They are the ones that let me know when the feeders need to be refilled, they pratically knock on the window!

Audrey

Toto, we're not in Kansas any more!
Go to Top of Page

Amie C.
True Blue Farmgirl

2099 Posts

Finger Lakes Region NY
2099 Posts

Posted - Jan 28 2009 :  12:44:41 PM  Show Profile
Birds are so much fun to watch.

I was wondering, also, if your February Violet might have gotten impatient. Is the due date near the beginning or the end of February? My birthday is 2/21, so I like that date.
Go to Top of Page

FebruaryViolet
True Blue Farmgirl

4810 Posts

Jonni
Elsmere Kentucky
USA
4810 Posts

Posted - Jan 28 2009 :  4:29:07 PM  Show Profile
It's been a busy day here for the birds, what with all the sleet, ice and snow. They've been at the feeder all day long, and it's sooo lovely to watch them! We've had the red bellied woodpecker all day long, too, and the starlings (which I tolerate, even though they rate up there with the pesky squirrels), and my favorite, the titmouse--that hornery little thing and his cutie pie song!!! He always sounds like he's jeering at the other birds! They've put quite a dent in the black oil sunflower, and the suet, well, that's history.

Audrey, we have several feeders as well--it's something I really like to do, and I could sit for hours and watch them eat and flit, eat and flit. Every now and again, we have a "visitor" who isn't part of the normal crowd and that really makes it all worth while!

It appears that our February Violet is going to be right on time, if not a tad early, Frannie and Amie--she is due on the 19th and according to my weekly nst tests, she's right on target size wise and the fluids and everything are perfect--you never know, though. Could be a St. Valentines baby, or the 21st is just as wonderful, Amie :). I'm ready, though, I think...don't want to rush her, but as my husband says, "we've got everything but the action figure!" Yes, he IS a nerd

So good to know you're back at the farm, Frannie...I will be emailing you tomorrow from the office. They finally called off work today around 8:30, so I'm grateful for the day at home to work on projects...and laundry!

Go to Top of Page

kristin sherrill
True Blue Farmgirl

11303 Posts

kristin
chickamauga ga
USA
11303 Posts

Posted - Jan 28 2009 :  6:46:52 PM  Show Profile
This reminded me of the Mocking birds we have in our back yard. They must have nests out in the cedar trees. But in the spring they will start singing ALL night long. It just drives me crazy. I have gone out in the middle of the night and thrown things, anything I could find, at those stupid birds to shut them up. I love mocking birds, they are my favorite bird, but not all night long out the bedroom window.

I don't feed the birds here because I have 6 cats. That just would not be a fair thing to do. I do have the bird bath, but even then the cats are under it. Bad cats. There is plenty for the birds to eat around here, though. So I don't worry about them. I have hung the pine cones with peanut butter and seeds for them sometimes and just shoo the silly cats away.

Sounds like you're getting closer to being a mommy! How exiting. The last few weeks seem to just go on and on. Does it feel that way to you now? And people always seem to say when are you ever going to have that baby or haven't you had that baby yet? That's when I felt like slapping someone. You don't sound very impatient yet, though. Enjoy this quiet time.

Hope ya'll are keeping warm up there in Kentucky. Kris

Turn your face to the sun and the shadows fall behind you. Maori proverb
Go to Top of Page

FebruaryViolet
True Blue Farmgirl

4810 Posts

Jonni
Elsmere Kentucky
USA
4810 Posts

Posted - Jan 28 2009 :  7:43:10 PM  Show Profile
You're right, Kris--I'm not quite impatient, but I am ready, I believe...

I've felt find throughout the pregnancy, but my body is getting a bit tired now--most of the time, people are surprised that I'm so close to my due date-I guess this little one is not that big, or she's hiding it well :)

We are trying to keep warm, and I feel so badly for the folks who don't have power in our area, and south of us. If I'm cold and I HAVE power, I simply can't imagine being cold without!!!
Go to Top of Page

Carol Sue
True Blue Farmgirl

4033 Posts

Carol Sue
Washingtonian
USA
4033 Posts

Posted - Jan 28 2009 :  8:33:43 PM  Show Profile
Miss Feb/Vi, your birdies I am sure apprecaited every bit of food they got from you today with that crazy weather of yours.

Glad you are feeling ready, not to long now is it? Yippeee.

www.Quitemoments.blogspot.com
Go to Top of Page
  Barnyard Buddies: Previous Topic This little Wren is making quite a noise!!! Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page