Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 General Chat Forum
 Across the Fence
 Miss Wilma, Janice, Miss Feb/Vi and Kentucky girls
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Previous Page
Author Across the Fence: Previous Topic Miss Wilma, Janice, Miss Feb/Vi and Kentucky girls Next Topic
Page: of 3

downbranchroad
True Blue Farmgirl

374 Posts

Joy
Southern KY
USA
374 Posts

Posted - Feb 03 2009 :  5:11:45 PM  Show Profile  Send downbranchroad a Yahoo! Message
Jessie, glad to see you all have electric. We did not get all the ice. I am so thankful. Very cold here tonight. 9 outside right now with windchill -8. burrrr. but thank God we do have electric.
Hang in there girl. I know it has been rough. My sister-in-law lives in Western KY and they still dont have electric and they are telling them it could be another 2 weeks or more. She is at wits end but thankful that she had very little damage to her home. Her neighbors had a couple of trees fall on their home and they had to leave to stay with family. Gail has a wood fireplace and a stove in her basement so she has stayed warm but lost 2 freezers full of food:(.

Appalachian Girl
Jem

*If you always do what you have always done, you will always get what you have always got.

http://downbranchroad.blogspot.com
Go to Top of Page

Carol Sue
True Blue Farmgirl

4033 Posts

Carol Sue
Washingtonian
USA
4033 Posts

Posted - Feb 03 2009 :  8:18:34 PM  Show Profile
The loss of food would be devastating because that is what keeps folks going through the winter and spring. Not good.....

www.Quitemoments.blogspot.com
Go to Top of Page

FebruaryViolet
True Blue Farmgirl

4810 Posts

Jonni
Elsmere Kentucky
USA
4810 Posts

Posted - Feb 03 2009 :  9:08:06 PM  Show Profile
More freakin' snow!!! We got another 3 inches tonight, and more up north. People are STILL trying to get home from Rush hour traffic north of the city, and most have stopped to get hotels. It will be 12 tonight, so it will be a fairly crappy rush hour into the office tomorrow as well. I'm sooooo ready to get rid of these boots! It took us an hour 1/2 to go 12 miles from work to home this evening--I feel very sorry for folks who live north of the city, and drive an hour normally to get into town.

Geez. That little groundhog!
Go to Top of Page

Miss Bee Haven
True Blue Farmgirl

4331 Posts

Janice
Louisville/Irvington Kentucky
USA
4331 Posts

Posted - Feb 04 2009 :  06:41:43 AM  Show Profile  Send Miss Bee Haven a Yahoo! Message
I'm so sorry you got another tree inches of snow, Vi. We didn't get much more than a dusting yesterday. But the arctic cold is back and going to get down to 5 tonight. On the upside, it's forecast to get to 50 on Friday, Sat. and Sunday. My poor boss just got his power back last night. Even though we lost power at the farm(not sure if it's back yet), the roads were plowed and in better shape out there than my little 'off the main drag' street in Louisville. Once again, I can't say enough in gratitude for all the crews of wonderful men who came from out of town to help with repairs here. They are my heroes.

Farmgirl Sister #50

"If you think you've got it nailed down, then what's all that around it?"
'Br.Dave Gardner'
Go to Top of Page

Lainey
True Blue Farmgirl

2401 Posts

Elaine
Waco Kentucky
USA
2401 Posts

Posted - Feb 04 2009 :  09:52:24 AM  Show Profile
We've got about 2 inches on the ground here now and there have been snow showers on and off all day. Lexington got a bit more yesterday than we did, the interstate was pretty bad last night when we came home from the hospital. I enjoy cooler temps, but I'm ready for spring to get here. Hopefully that little critter was wrong this year and didn't really see his shadow.

Farmgirl Sister #25

http://countrygirldreams.blogspot.com/

An Angel says, 'Never borrow from the future. If you worry about what may happen tomorrow and it doesn't happen, you have worried in vain. Even if it does happen, you have to worry twice.'
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 3 Across the Fence: Previous Topic Miss Wilma, Janice, Miss Feb/Vi and Kentucky girls Next Topic  
Previous Page
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page