Save Password        REGISTER
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 General Chat Forum
 **Welcome Wagon
 Hello from the block of ice!
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author **Welcome Wagon: Previous Topic Hello from the block of ice! Next Topic  

obventions
Farmgirl in Training

23 Posts

Liz
Lexington KY
USA
23 Posts

Posted - Jan 27 2009 :  5:40:46 PM  Show Profile  Send obventions an AOL message  Click to see obventions's MSN Messenger address  Send obventions a Yahoo! Message
Good evening, I wanted to pop in and say hi before I go back to clinging to my fireplace.
My name's Liz. I'm in Kentucky. I've read MJ for a while, but ended up registering because of my friend Lisa (tribalcime). Ummm. Yeah I really suck at the welcome wagon thing. So here goes! I'm a really nerdy chick. I taught myself to knit... backwards... and am quite good at it! I'm a computer geek, blogger, and closet sewer. I'm a severe dyslexic, and an accidental kitchen scientist. (No really... I set a quarter of an acre of our back yard on fire when I was a kid on accident. We had to let the water out of the swimming pool to put it out.) I'm an animal lover and have ended up with my own petting zoo at home... over half of them being rescue animals. Annnnnnnnd I think that'll wrap up my intro. Hi!

Sitnalta
True Blue Farmgirl

4208 Posts

Jessica
NJ
USA
4208 Posts

Posted - Jan 27 2009 :  5:54:40 PM  Show Profile
You sound like a woman after my own heart! :) I don't have a lot of animals, but the fire setting thing definitly sounds like me. I have so many scorched cookbooks and blackened pot holders..grr...lol
Welcome to the farm!!
hugs

Jessie
Farmgirl Sister #235

Life should NOT be a jounrey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in an attractive and well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, chocolate in one hand, latte in the other, body thoroughly used up, totally worn out and screaming. "WOOHOO, what a ride!"

Stop by my blog for a visit www.messiejessie2.blogspot.com
Go to Top of Page

K-Falls Farmgirl
Chapter Leader

2096 Posts

Cheryl
Klamath Falls Oregon
USA
2096 Posts

Posted - Jan 27 2009 :  5:59:19 PM  Show Profile
Welcome from Klamath Falls ... its cold here too .. fire sounds good.. wish we had one..

Cheryl
Farmgirl #309

Almost daily posts at:
http://www.k-fallsfarmgirl.blogspot.com/
Come visit the barn at http://barndoorcreations.blogspot.com/

"If you don't like something, change it. If you can't change it, change your attitude." Maya Angelou
Go to Top of Page

obventions
Farmgirl in Training

23 Posts

Liz
Lexington KY
USA
23 Posts

Posted - Jan 27 2009 :  6:25:53 PM  Show Profile  Send obventions an AOL message  Click to see obventions's MSN Messenger address  Send obventions a Yahoo! Message
HAH! Speaking of blackened pot holders... Normally I let the bf do the cooking, but the past few months I've been doing my fair share of it with new nifty recipes and such. Well I accidentally left the pot holder on the eye of the stove... underneath the cast iron pan's lid. The bf didn't see it, dried the cast iron pan out on the neighboring burner... set the pot holder on fire. LOL! Needless to say there's 2 fire extinguishers handy in the kitchen. He 'bout killed me that day.
And K-Falls Farmgirl, if you can make it through the roads, come on down! I've got plenty of fireplace to share :D
Go to Top of Page

kristin sherrill
True Blue Farmgirl

11303 Posts

kristin
chickamauga ga
USA
11303 Posts

Posted - Jan 27 2009 :  7:17:05 PM  Show Profile
Welcome from Georgia, Liz. It was very warm here today. I cannot imagine ice. I am so wanting spring to come early!

You've got to tell what your screen name means.

Kris

Turn your face to the sun and the shadows fall behind you. Maori proverb
Go to Top of Page

Mother Hen
True Blue Farmgirl

604 Posts

Cindy
Peck ID
USA
604 Posts

Posted - Jan 27 2009 :  11:31:13 PM  Show Profile
Welcome Liz. There are a great bunch of women here, you will like it.

Cindy

I will bless the Lord at all times: his praise shall continually be in my mouth. Psalms 34:1
Go to Top of Page

obventions
Farmgirl in Training

23 Posts

Liz
Lexington KY
USA
23 Posts

Posted - Jan 28 2009 :  05:44:39 AM  Show Profile  Send obventions an AOL message  Click to see obventions's MSN Messenger address  Send obventions a Yahoo! Message
Hehe. Obventions is in the unbridged dictionary, and it's kinda just stuck as my screen name ever since.

Ob`ven´tion
n. 1. The act of happening incidentally; that which happens casually; an incidental advantage; an occasional offering.
Legacies bequeathed by the deaths of princes and great persons, and other casualities and obventions.
- Fuller.
Webster's Revised Unabridged Dictionary, published 1913 by C. & G. Merriam Co.

Kris... I'm so jealous. Send your warmth upwards! Actually, it has started to thaw out here a bit. Several trees down in the city and some places don't have power. But I made it to work in one piece!
Go to Top of Page

dkelewae
True Blue Farmgirl

1310 Posts

Diana
Saint Peters MO
USA
1310 Posts

Posted - Jan 28 2009 :  06:28:44 AM  Show Profile
Hi Liz! Welcome to MJF! I'm a knitter and also own a home petting zoo...3 cats, dog, 2 rabbits, degu, and a betta fish(who's really not into be petted)

Looking forward to getting to know you better!

Diana
Farmgirl Sister #272
St. Peters MO
Country Girl trapped in the city!

http://farmgirldreams.blogspot.com/
Go to Top of Page

obventions
Farmgirl in Training

23 Posts

Liz
Lexington KY
USA
23 Posts

Posted - Jan 28 2009 :  08:02:48 AM  Show Profile  Send obventions an AOL message  Click to see obventions's MSN Messenger address  Send obventions a Yahoo! Message
Our current zoo count is 1 puppy, 2 ferrets (maybe a 3rd today if the roads are clear enough to drive,) 2 rabbits, 1 hedgehog, 3 ball pythons, 1 albino burmese python, and 1 rainbow boa. And eep, almost ended up with a prengnant degu, so who knows how many I would have ended up with LOL!
Nice to meet you all :D
Go to Top of Page

Marcy
True Blue Farmgirl

2701 Posts

Marcy
Tiverton Rhode Island
USA
2701 Posts

Posted - Jan 28 2009 :  08:05:59 AM  Show Profile
Hi Liz,

Welcome! Welcome! You are going to love it here!

Farmgirl #170

Since you get more joy out of giving joy to others, you should put a good deal of thought into the happiness that you are able to give...Eleanor Roosevelt
Go to Top of Page

electricdunce
True Blue Farmgirl

2544 Posts

Karin
Belmont ME
USA
2544 Posts

Posted - Jan 28 2009 :  09:25:00 AM  Show Profile
Welcome from the frozen north! I'm sure you will love this forum...

Karin

Farmgirl Sister #153

"Give me shelter from the storm" - Bob Dylan
http://moodranch.blogspot.com
http://domesticnonsense.etsy.com
Go to Top of Page

kristin sherrill
True Blue Farmgirl

11303 Posts

kristin
chickamauga ga
USA
11303 Posts

Posted - Jan 28 2009 :  2:55:14 PM  Show Profile
Liz, thanks for the info on your name/ I would never have thought to look in the dictionarey.

And I spoke way too soon about the warm day yesterday. It's freezing today and looks like snow. Darn! I am tired of this already!! I know ya'll are. I'm glad you're melting up there.

Kris

Turn your face to the sun and the shadows fall behind you. Maori proverb
Go to Top of Page

obventions
Farmgirl in Training

23 Posts

Liz
Lexington KY
USA
23 Posts

Posted - Jan 28 2009 :  7:18:01 PM  Show Profile  Send obventions an AOL message  Click to see obventions's MSN Messenger address  Send obventions a Yahoo! Message
Slowly but surely. Some of the ice melted... but now is covered in snow. Makes for icky driving.
Go to Top of Page

owwlady
True Blue Farmgirl

899 Posts

Jan
Tomahawk WI
USA
899 Posts

Posted - Jan 29 2009 :  09:22:31 AM  Show Profile
Hi Liz and welcome to MaryJane's. I hope you have the fire dept on speed dial!! I always thought KY is warm. You can see I don't get around much. I think it's above 0 here today so it's almost tropical!! When you get too cold, give all the critters a big hug. Looking forward to hearing more from you.

visit my blog at http://lifeatspiritfarm.blogspot.com
Go to Top of Page

janiee
True Blue Farmgirl

820 Posts

Janie
Shawnee Oklahoma
USA
820 Posts

Posted - Jan 29 2009 :  10:45:51 AM  Show Profile
Hi Liz! welcome to MJ's! Glad you came on by! I taught myself to crochet backwards so we could be kin.. and I barely sew (but getting more inspired) hope it gets warmer there! I haven't set anything on fire in the kitchen but I have tried to cut off a finger or two...my poor dh had to learn to cook very quickly...you will love it here and I like your friend Lisa a lot too..
janiee
farmgirl #390
Go to Top of Page

Meadowflower
Farmgirl in Training

25 Posts

Lisa
Harrisburg Pa
USA
25 Posts

Posted - Jan 29 2009 :  5:50:43 PM  Show Profile
Hello fellow computer geek! :) Welcome! We have a layer of ice over snow, which is really pretty much ice now too. Lots of ice in Pa :D

*~Lisa~*

My farmish blog: http://meadowflowerfarm.blogspot.com/
Go to Top of Page

obventions
Farmgirl in Training

23 Posts

Liz
Lexington KY
USA
23 Posts

Posted - Jan 30 2009 :  07:48:28 AM  Show Profile  Send obventions an AOL message  Click to see obventions's MSN Messenger address  Send obventions a Yahoo! Message
Haha. I haven't tried to cut my fingers off yet LOL! Annnd it's snowing again. I'm working on knitting a pair of mittens. The fingerless gloves just aren't doing it for me (I don't like wearing gloves cause of arthritis.) BRRRRR!!
Go to Top of Page

dkelewae
True Blue Farmgirl

1310 Posts

Diana
Saint Peters MO
USA
1310 Posts

Posted - Jan 30 2009 :  09:23:19 AM  Show Profile
Liz-I never got the point of fingerless gloves myself. I'm a mitten girl all the way!

Diana
Farmgirl Sister #272
St. Peters MO
Country Girl trapped in the city!

http://farmgirldreams.blogspot.com/
Go to Top of Page

farmmom22
True Blue Farmgirl

616 Posts

Tammy
Scottsville KY
USA
616 Posts

Posted - Feb 02 2009 :  3:31:26 PM  Show Profile
Liz, I think you will fit right in with all the farmgirls! I also am from KY and have a small zoo at my house. All the dogs and cats are rescue animals and I love them like they were prized show animals. Welcome! Tammy

Best farm wishes
Go to Top of Page

Tapestry
True Blue Farmgirl

1223 Posts

Cheryl
Wisconsin
USA
1223 Posts

Posted - Feb 02 2009 :  10:30:16 PM  Show Profile  Send Tapestry a Yahoo! Message
Hi Liz and welcome to the forum! You're going to love it here. As you can see, lots of very nice gals roam the halls of MJF Connection :) Nice meeting you!

Happy farmgirl sister #353

Look for rainbows instead of mud puddles

http://fantasm01.imagekind.com/
http://tapestrysimaginings.blogspot.com/
Go to Top of Page

Lainey
True Blue Farmgirl

2401 Posts

Elaine
Waco Kentucky
USA
2401 Posts

Posted - Feb 04 2009 :  10:33:01 AM  Show Profile
Welcome Liz, it's nice to meet you here! I'm in Waco, just southeast of you. We were iced in for a while too, but got our power back on Saturday night. My husband and I are animal lovers too and consider them family, we've adopted several from the animal shelter here in Madison Co.. I'm looking forward to getting to know you.

Farmgirl Sister #25

http://countrygirldreams.blogspot.com/

An Angel says, 'Never borrow from the future. If you worry about what may happen tomorrow and it doesn't happen, you have worried in vain. Even if it does happen, you have to worry twice.'
Go to Top of Page

tribalcime
True Blue Farmgirl

2963 Posts

lisa
lexington ky
USA
2963 Posts

Posted - Feb 04 2009 :  5:47:18 PM  Show Profile
hi liz !!!! i am glad you made it over here..Is a fun place and so many neat people and things to learn ! Liz is a dear friend of mine :P

LIfe is a witch ~~~ and then ya fly !! My blogspot .http://tribalwitch.blogspot.com/ and my barter blog is at www.bartertribalwitch.blogspot.com and www.alteredartfun.blogspot.com

Edited by - tribalcime on Feb 04 2009 5:48:27 PM
Go to Top of Page

dutchy
True Blue Farmgirl

4427 Posts

4427 Posts

Posted - Feb 04 2009 :  10:03:35 PM  Show Profile
Hi Liz, nice to meet you. I am living on the other side of the big BIG ocean. I am in the Netherlands. I only have a kitten, well he is 9 months now is that still a kitten?? He sure acts like one, lol

Hugs from Marian/Dutchy, a farmgirl from the Netherlands :)

My personal blog:
http://just-me-a-dutch-girl.blogspot.com/

Almost daily updates on me and mine :)
Go to Top of Page

peachy
True Blue Farmgirl

593 Posts

Melissa
Fennville MI
USA
593 Posts

Posted - Feb 05 2009 :  07:54:15 AM  Show Profile  Send peachy a Yahoo! Message
Welcome from bbrrrr cold Michigan! I'm planted in front of my wood stove! Good place to stay for the day!

Melissa
Farmgirl Sister #360

Life isn't about waiting for the storms to pass...it's about learning to dance in the rain!
Go to Top of Page

obventions
Farmgirl in Training

23 Posts

Liz
Lexington KY
USA
23 Posts

Posted - Feb 05 2009 :  08:01:08 AM  Show Profile  Send obventions an AOL message  Click to see obventions's MSN Messenger address  Send obventions a Yahoo! Message
Marian-- I have family in the Netherlands! I have no idea what part... They used to come to the states from time to time to see my great grandmother. I haven't seen them in many years though. :(
Melissa-- Yes yes it is. I'm sure my fireplace has seen more use in the past 2 months than it has in the past 3 years. LOL!
Lisa-- It's about time you said hi to me! hmph! :D
Go to Top of Page
  **Welcome Wagon: Previous Topic Hello from the block of ice! Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page