Author Across the Fence: Previous Topic A fun day?! Next Topic  

babysmama
True Blue Farmgirl

931 Posts

Elizabeth
Iowa
931 Posts

Posted - Jan 26 2009 :  11:57:37 AM  Show Profile
We have been stuck inside the house for weeks now due to cold and snow. I have been stir crazy, as have been the kids, so today I decided to drive 25 minutes to a McDonalds and let them play in the play area to get some of their energy out. I thought it would be fun. Guess what? My three year old gets to the top slide and starts whining about coming down. I ask my five year old to go up and get him and she screams that he won't move so she goes up even higher. Then she starts screaming that she is stuck and scared and won't come down. That McDonalds is being remodeled so there was a huge line of construction workers waiting to use the bathroom in the playland and everyone is staring at my screaming children stuck in the tubes at the top! A nice woman held my eight month old so I could crawl up to the top to get them down, in front of everyone. To make matters worse, when we got down my three year old wanted to go back up and was screaming and trying to climb back in. We left and I didn't even do any shopping afterwards because I was upset. What a fun day...I would have rather stayed at home and gone crazy here! Please give me something to laugh about and tell me a story about a tough mother moment you have all had.
-Elizabeth

MarySueK
True Blue Farmgirl

96 Posts

Susan
Richland WA
96 Posts

Posted - Jan 26 2009 :  12:26:20 PM  Show Profile
Something like that happened to me - when my oldest was two he refused to come down from way up in the top of the slides/tubes thing at McDonalds so I had to climb up and get him - and I was hugely pregnant, like 8 1/2 months - so THAT was quite a sight I am sure! But worse than that, also when I was hugely pregnant, the 2 year old was always dashing away from us, so I had him in a harness/leash kind of thing. He didn't want to leave the mall one day so he sat down on his little diapered butt and I was dragging him across the nice shiny stone floor by his harness. He was actually enjoying it, but some prissy old things saw us and were tsk-tsking that a child is not a dog and maybe I should have stopped at one child. I could think of some things to reply but thought I shouldn't in front of my son. So I just laughed and kept on dragging.
Sue in Richland WA
Go to Top of Page

graciegreeneyes
True Blue Farmgirl

3107 Posts

Amy Grace
Rosalia WA
USA
3107 Posts

Posted - Jan 26 2009 :  1:01:01 PM  Show Profile
Oh Elizabeth - what a day...
My son used to hate it when I stopped to chat with people I knew, he would pull on me, try to start conversations etc. Well, he pulled me clean over in the soup aisle of the grocery store once, we both ended up on the floor, of course it was about 5 pm so the store was packed.
I know all about the stir crazy too, my pets are the ones driving me nuts though
Amy Grace

Farmgirl #224
"use it up, wear it out, make it do, or do without"
Go to Top of Page

pinkroses
True Blue Farmgirl

2350 Posts

Sheila
Virginia
USA
2350 Posts

Posted - Jan 26 2009 :  4:40:19 PM  Show Profile
Oh my goodness what a day.
Dear, I bet you were glad to get back home and the children too.
Maybe , they will enjoy it another time.
Sometimes, things just don't go as one expects. hugs ; Sheila

www.ohkayteagirl2.blogspot.com
http;//www.sheilascreativetouches.blogspot.com
Go to Top of Page
  Across the Fence: Previous Topic A fun day?! Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page