vermont v
True Blue Farmgirl

194 Posts

Victoria
Chester Vermont
USA
194 Posts

Posted - Jan 25 2009 :  06:07:04 AM  Show Profile

Hooray! I finally got my electric pressure cooker! Its a Fagor multicooker, it has a pressure cooker function, a rice cooker function and a slow cooker function. Does anyone have one of these? I read in the booklet it gets up to 9 PSI. On the internet some of the blogs were saying that you had to add 40% more time for regular pressure cooker recipes because a stove top pressure cooker is 15 PSI.Does anyone have any experience with this?

willowtreecreek
True Blue Farmgirl

4813 Posts

Julie
Russell AR
USA
4813 Posts

Posted - Jan 25 2009 :  08:41:02 AM  Show Profile
I've never used a pressure cooker but I am glad you are excited!

Farmgirl Sister #17
Blog
www.willowtreecreek.wordpress.com
Felt and Fabric Crafts
www.willowartist.etsy.com
www.willowtreecreek.com
Go to Top of Page

vermont v
True Blue Farmgirl

194 Posts

Victoria
Chester Vermont
USA
194 Posts

Posted - Jan 25 2009 :  3:00:58 PM  Show Profile

Thank-you! I guess you know you are old when you get excited about a pressure cooker!
Go to Top of Page

melody
True Blue Farmgirl

3318 Posts

Melody
The Great North Woods in the Land of Hiawatha
USA
3318 Posts

Posted - Jan 25 2009 :  3:55:29 PM  Show Profile
Oh my.....after mine exploded a few years ago I NEVER used one again. It took me forever to scrape potatoes off the ceiling. Good luck with your new pressure cooker :)

Melody
http://melodynotes-melodynotes.blogspot.com
www.bythebayhandcraftedsoap.com
Go to Top of Page

Ronna
True Blue Farmgirl

1891 Posts

Ronna
Fernley NV
USA
1891 Posts

Posted - Jan 25 2009 :  11:25:18 PM  Show Profile
Victoria, did you get a good price on it? Fagor is one of the very best brands from what I've researched.
I still have the one my mother bought when she was pregnant with my older sister, who is 68 now. Well used, by her and then me, but now it's just a memory thing and not used for cooking.
Have had several others over the years and they can be a huge time saver.
Go to Top of Page

Buttercup
True Blue Farmgirl

1433 Posts

Talitha
Vermont
USA
1433 Posts

Posted - Jan 26 2009 :  05:45:01 AM  Show Profile  Click to see Buttercup's MSN Messenger address
Victoria,

That sounds wonderful!! I have never heard of them but it sounds like a great kitchen tool to have! Congratulations!!! Let us know how you like it!

Hugs!
Talitha

"If we could maintain the wonder of childhood and at the same time grasp the wisdom of age, what wonder,what wisdom,what life would be ours"
Go to Top of Page

vermont v
True Blue Farmgirl

194 Posts

Victoria
Chester Vermont
USA
194 Posts

Posted - Jan 26 2009 :  05:53:08 AM  Show Profile

Its a little different than my old stove top cooker that I've had for more than 20 years. I don't think it will explode becaue it has two different pressure relief valves. We found it at a local small kitchen store and it was a good deal! We will shop there again because the store owner was so nice.Its great to find some customer service; I hope with the economy the way it is customer service comes back into style.
Go to Top of Page

ddmashayekhi
True Blue Farmgirl

4739 Posts

Dawn
Naperville Illinois
USA
4739 Posts

Posted - Jan 26 2009 :  07:36:58 AM  Show Profile
I was wondering if I should get a pressure cooker too. Jacques Pepin has a couple of pressure cooker recipes in his last two books, "Fast Food My Way" and "More Fast Food My Way". He gives detailed instructions on how to slowly release the pressure before taking the lid off.

I've worried about an explosion when using one, that's why I have hesitated buying one so far. I would like to read more about peoples experiences with them.

Dawn in IL
Go to Top of Page

Bellepepper
True Blue Farmgirl

1207 Posts

Belle
Coffeyville KS
USA
1207 Posts

Posted - Jan 28 2009 :  09:26:47 AM  Show Profile
I have a pressure sauce pan and use it a lot. Never had a problem ever. I have had to replace the rubber gasket once in 20 years. (probably 30) I usually set the sauce pan in the sink and run cold water over it to release the pressure. You can hear it when it releases. I still use caution when taking off the jiggle thingie. I don't see me buying an elect pressure sauce pan. I have an elect stove and I think it would be just another pan to find a place to store and not a pan that does a different function.

Victoria, good luck with your new pan.
Go to Top of Page
  Farm Kitchen: Previous Topic Electric Pressure Cooker Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page