Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 General Chat Forum
 A Farm of My Own
 I'm that eccentric lady you see....
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Previous Page
Author A Farm of My Own: Previous Topic I'm that eccentric lady you see.... Next Topic
Page: of 2

my8kidsmom
Farmgirl at Heart

6 Posts

Rachel
White Cloud MI
USA
6 Posts

Posted - Mar 11 2009 :  5:41:00 PM  Show Profile  Send my8kidsmom a Yahoo! Message
We have 16 sheep, 6 horses, 3 English Angora Rabbits, 1 Satin Angora, 1 Mini Rex, umpteen barn cats, 2 house dogs, 1 Livestock Guardian dog and 1 Chameleon :)
Go to Top of Page

mommatracy
True Blue Farmgirl

490 Posts

Tracy
My. Olive NC
USA
490 Posts

Posted - Mar 12 2009 :  3:14:56 PM  Show Profile
I wish you were my neighbor and could see you come down the street with your precious pets!
I have several cats and one dog who all live in our house but only the dog gets to ride with me. I do understand why you would take them with you.
Tracy

www.cottagebythebay.blogspot.com
Go to Top of Page

caro
Farmgirl in Training

37 Posts

Carol
Princeton Indiana
USA
37 Posts

Posted - Mar 15 2009 :  1:19:30 PM  Show Profile
How much fun this thread is!! Laughed out loud at some of the posts. However, I simply cannot imagine raising an animal and then having it butchered (although if I were hungry enough, probably not a problem!). I think I've read that the trick is to NOT name them :-)!!! We have 3 cats rescued from the animal shelter many years ago. And a chihuahua who the kitties rule. They're our furry children. Would love to have a barnyard full. Who knows?? May get more eventually.
Go to Top of Page

MotherLodeBeth
True Blue Farmgirl

110 Posts

Beth
Calaveras County California
USA
110 Posts

Posted - Mar 15 2009 :  1:40:00 PM  Show Profile  Send MotherLodeBeth an AOL message
Its a sunny beautiful day so am planning on taking one of my chicks with me as I run errands. Its nice for animals to see the world, because it makes them well rounded animals. Her name is Queenie, because she reminds me of a cute Queen not a mean one. The other chicks name is Henny Penny. I have them in my cottage and allow them to follow me around. No they dont poop outside their house set up. I do not know why but I knew someone would be wondering about that. Hope to visit the baby goats a friend has. They seem to understand what I am saying because they run and sit near me and have a smile on their face. Will take photos so that you all wont think I am daft.

~MotherLodebeth- I was born in the wrong era~
Go to Top of Page

KayB
True Blue Farmgirl

540 Posts

Kay
Del City Oklahoma
USA
540 Posts

Posted - Apr 01 2009 :  1:25:16 PM  Show Profile
We only have 3 black and white dogs. We got Molly to keep my old Pom, Rusty, company but then he died. So then we got Jake to keep Molly company because she was moping. Both of these doggies came from the pound, so they are my pound puppies. One day I was at PetSmart and saw a pretty black and white boxer girl but couldn't afford the adoption. They asked me if I had kids and a yard. No kids at home and a pretty good sized yard with a privacy fence. They said if I would let her run and not let kids poke at her or pick on her, I could have her. Molly wasn't happy at first, but now they get along great. Unfortunately, Molly must be put on a lead at night as she climbs the fence and walks around the neighborhood or goes to visits the neighbors dog, Lucy. We're thinking about doggie play dates. Penny will have to stay home, though, because she's not happy around little ones because her former owner kept her crated and let the kids poke on her through the bars.

The guys go alot of places with us. Everyone calls them "The Triplets" although they are not at all biologically related. I think we will take them camping this year. Jake and Penny are being treated for heartworm, but they are all healthy and happy as can be. Although DH gripes about them, I think he would miss them if they were gone.

Life's a dance you learn as you go
Go to Top of Page

happydaze
True Blue Farmgirl

136 Posts

lorraine
atlanta ni
USA
136 Posts

Posted - May 11 2009 :  10:53:59 AM  Show Profile
Hi Beth, We have 2 mini horses, both have ridden in the back of the van, 2 pygmy wethers, lots of chickens, fancy and egg layers, guinias, pigeons, rabbits, 6 cats and 5 dogs, all have ridden in our cars at one time or another, and most have lived inside with us for a time. The horses had to stay outside, as we live in a small house! Hubby forbids roosters, ducks , geese and pigs! and my osteoporosis forbids large animals that could easily break me. May be a bit eggcentric myself, my doctor tried to medicate me and make me normal, but I quickly put a stop to that!
Go to Top of Page

Thistle Cove Farm
True Blue Farmgirl

141 Posts

Sandra
Tazewell VA
USA
141 Posts

Posted - May 19 2009 :  5:52:40 PM  Show Profile
Rare, hypoallergenic American Curly horses.
Rare, primitive Shetland sheep.
Romney, Merino and cross bred sheep.
Dogs and cats and have song bird feeding stations.

Sandra @ Thistle Cove Farm ~ God's blessings on you, yours and the work of your hands & heart ~
www.thistlecovefarm.com
www.thistlecovefarm.blogspot.com
Go to Top of Page

MotherLodeBeth
True Blue Farmgirl

110 Posts

Beth
Calaveras County California
USA
110 Posts

Posted - May 19 2009 :  7:12:33 PM  Show Profile  Send MotherLodeBeth an AOL message
I have the coolest Tuxedo cat and she's small and she has always been around chickens and at my old place she would sleep in one of the nesting boxes. The other morning I woke up to chatter and lay in bed trying to figure out what the noise was, and then I rolled over and looked down and there was the cat with two of the chickens, which she had brought into the house and my bedroom. They sat there all content and smiled at me. Almost laughed watch the hens tilt their head and then make their soft noises. No poop either. They followed me outside and were happy. The four new Bantams I have are sooooo small. Mary is the size of a canary, Martha is a tad bigger, with Rebecca and Sarah being bigger. They make me laugh every day and I love laughing. If I could figure out how to post photos to you all I would.

~Beth~

~MotherLodebeth- I was born in the wrong era~
Go to Top of Page

rosebee67
Farmgirl in Training

11 Posts

melissa
louisburg nc
USA
11 Posts

Posted - May 20 2009 :  4:52:10 PM  Show Profile
i have 3 daughters(do they count) 3 dogs, a cat, 3 beehives, and the sincere desire to have chickens.
Go to Top of Page

NikkiBeaumont
True Blue Farmgirl

473 Posts

473 Posts

Posted - May 21 2009 :  05:22:24 AM  Show Profile
Beth, what fun! I am picturing you in a candy-apple red, 1957 Chevy truck with your hair whipping out the window, feathers flying, dust clouds trailing behind you and the radio blaring, singing at the top of your lungs. Being a spectacle and lovin' every minute of it. Wait. That may be my own dream. Would love to follow in your footsteps, girl!

I only have two dogs, and we do get much pleasure from them. They make us laugh with their antics every day!

Farmgirl Sister #554
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 2 A Farm of My Own: Previous Topic I'm that eccentric lady you see.... Next Topic  
Previous Page
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page