Farmgirlheart
True Blue Farmgirl

103 Posts

Valerie
Los Angeles California
USA
103 Posts

Posted - Apr 09 2009 :  9:48:20 PM  Show Profile
i tell ya, to me, one of the best feelings in the world is that anticipation and desire to pick up the book you are totally immersed in! its taken me forever but am finally reading the harry potter books...i am almost done with the 4th book and i crave reading it when i can't! too many books too little time!!! :)
Go to Top of Page

country roads
True Blue Farmgirl

443 Posts

Melissa
Shinglehouse Pa
USA
443 Posts

Posted - Apr 10 2009 :  10:25:18 AM  Show Profile
I absolutely love the Harry Potter books! I hated to see the series end.

Take care, Melissa.

Farmgirl # 352

~Think happy thoughts~
Go to Top of Page

Cindy Lee
True Blue Farmgirl

510 Posts

Cindy
Sparks Nevada
USA
510 Posts

Posted - Apr 10 2009 :  7:10:46 PM  Show Profile
Yep, I'm with you guys, I loved the books so much that I painted my toenails black for Edward. I thought he'd like that!
Go to Top of Page

NikkiBeaumont
True Blue Farmgirl

473 Posts

473 Posts

Posted - Apr 11 2009 :  03:25:36 AM  Show Profile
I see that a lot of people are surprised to enjoy books written for young adults. I don't know if this reveals something about my maturity level or if I have great taste (ha!), but I find that I have come to prefer books from the young adult section. I mostly listen to books in the car when I am alone and I have had to stop listening to adult books because of the bad language that most of them have. When reading books with bad language I can sort of skip over the words, but when they are read aloud they stick more into my brain and then when a situation comes up that deserves an expletive I easily turn into a potty mouth.

Frankly, I have discovered that many young adult books have more depth, meatier subjects, and thought provoking story lines. Plus, they are downright entertaining and imaginative. I encourage you to check out the YA section at your library. You will not be disappointed!

Farmgirl Sister #554
Go to Top of Page

Michigan Girl in TX
True Blue Farmgirl

85 Posts

Kristi
Cottonwood Shores TX
USA
85 Posts

Posted - Apr 18 2009 :  6:09:13 PM  Show Profile
quote:
Originally posted by Cindy Lee

Yep, I'm with you guys, I loved the books so much that I painted my toenails black for Edward. I thought he'd like that!

Oh my gosh Cindy! I love that! That sounds like something I would do!

I have gotten hooked on my daughters Harry Potter books now! On book 3! I don't care.... I love them regardless of what age they are for!

Go to Top of Page
Page: of 2 Reading Room: Previous Topic Twilight Next Topic  
Previous Page
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page