Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 General Chat Forum
 Reading Room
 MaryJane's Magazine 'reading club'
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Previous Page
Author Reading Room: Previous Topic MaryJane's Magazine 'reading club' Next Topic
Page: of 11

rabbithorns
True Blue Farmgirl

544 Posts

Allison
Fort Scott KS
USA
544 Posts

Posted - Jun 15 2006 :  9:43:17 PM  Show Profile
Has anyone tried the sticky buns recipe in the magazine? My husband loves sugary pastires in the morning, and I wondered how they had turned out.

Gosh darned time! I have to wait for my budget mix to come. Whatever happened to instant gratification!

http://www.rabbithorns.etsy.com
Go to Top of Page

CabinCreek-Kentucky
True Blue Farmgirl

8529 Posts

Frannie
Green County Kentucky
USA
8529 Posts

Posted - Jun 16 2006 :  07:15:03 AM  Show Profile
oh allison .. i so agree .. i check the front porch three times a day to see if the UPS man has arrived! will probably skip the sticky buns cuz' i'd surely gobble them all down at one sitting and go into a diabetic coma! i love that there are so many options in maryjane's magazine .. isn't this just a fabulous 'cook book' magazine issue! xo

True Friends, Frannie

My KENTUCKY RAMBLINGS 'blog':
http://cabincreekfarm-kentucky.blogspot.com/
Go to Top of Page

Destiny~
True Blue Farmgirl

195 Posts

Dar
west TX
USA
195 Posts

Posted - Jun 16 2006 :  07:24:58 AM  Show Profile
I'm in the process of getting my local HF store to carry MJ's products so I can just walk over anytime I want and pick up whatever I'm in the mood for.
So, I grabbed a couple of the magazines that I recently received and the book and one of the packages of food that I still had and put them in a nice little fabric sack. I took them to the woman who does the ordering and told her a little bit about the farm. She was very interested. Unfortunately, she was also leaving the area BUT she promised to give the contact information to the next person that will be doing the ordering and have them look into it. She said she was very impressed with what little she had a chance to see in my little package.
I'm going to stop back in the store tonight and see what I can find out.

"Let us, together, sow seeds for a better harvest-a harvest for hope."
Jane Goodall, Harvest for Hope
Go to Top of Page

rabbithorns
True Blue Farmgirl

544 Posts

Allison
Fort Scott KS
USA
544 Posts

Posted - Jun 16 2006 :  09:28:25 AM  Show Profile
Dar - sounds like you could be a great regional rep for MJ's foods! Love the little packet you made up to share the goodness. Great idea.

As I read your post, I realized that it would be REALLY great if I could carry some of the foods in my little dharma gift shop. Some of the same things are being sold in bulk at the food co-op around the corner (like the black bean flakes and such, but the budget mix and chillover packets and such are not available locally, as far as I can tell.

I will have to get on the phone today and see if I can place a small wholesale order (hubby's out of work and we're fronting the retail shop) so we can at least start with a sampling for local folks to try. I'm glad your post made me think of that. Imagine the new magazine right next to some homemade samples and the mixes right there. I wonder if I can do that - well, off to the bat-phone!

Go to Top of Page

rabbithorns
True Blue Farmgirl

544 Posts

Allison
Fort Scott KS
USA
544 Posts

Posted - Jun 16 2006 :  09:42:45 AM  Show Profile
OOHH! I just called and was so happy to hear I can also sell the magazine. Sometimes you have to get magazines through a distributor and I wouldn't be able to make a minimum order, so now I know I can share the "reading room"'s topic-o'-the-day - the Kitchen Issue of the MJFarm magazine. How exciting is that?

Go to Top of Page

Amie C.
True Blue Farmgirl

2099 Posts

Finger Lakes Region NY
2099 Posts

Posted - Jun 16 2006 :  10:36:07 AM  Show Profile
I would love to read the magazine, but none of the bookstores around here seem to carry it. Someday...the money I nominally get in my paycheck will actually spend a few days in my possession (it seems to all be spoken for before it even arrives!), and when that day comes I'll place an order with MaryJane's. I just can't see sending away through the mail for one issue, so I'm saving up for the inclusion with order deal.

I'm not kidding. It's officially on my list (you should see this wish list, it gets longer every year).

Amie

Go to Top of Page

CabinCreek-Kentucky
True Blue Farmgirl

8529 Posts

Frannie
Green County Kentucky
USA
8529 Posts

Posted - Jun 16 2006 :  10:43:11 AM  Show Profile
Amie .. wish lists get longer and longer every year of your life .. and sometimes we take something off of those lists too! Are you near Skeaneateles? I have a very good friend that lives there! xo

True Friends, Frannie

My KENTUCKY RAMBLINGS 'blog':
http://cabincreekfarm-kentucky.blogspot.com/
Go to Top of Page

Destiny~
True Blue Farmgirl

195 Posts

Dar
west TX
USA
195 Posts

Posted - Jun 16 2006 :  3:49:29 PM  Show Profile
Allison, that's EXCELLENT. Way to go on taking the initiative.

Well, I just got back from the store. The 'buyer's' were already gone for the weekend BUT I did talk to one of the managers that I know there and was telling her all about MJ's Farm. She got on the website and kept saying 'wow, WOW!'. (We all know how that is)
Anyway, she was excited about it and was impressed with how much product there was etc.
I told her about the book and the magazines and a little about what was in them. How MJ grows her own organic products, came up with a jello that had no animal products in it, created her own combination of ingredients and worked on them until she was satisfied. Had her own mill. Ok, it was a lot of information in a very short period of time.
To make a long story short, she's instructing the buyer's to call me and she's going to check out the website.
She said that MJ sounded a lot like a friend of her's that camps out in tents in the Alaska in the summer cooking for the fisherman.(I had mentioned the forest ranger bio etc).
Anyway, good feeling about this so far but we'll see.

"Let us, together, sow seeds for a better harvest-a harvest for hope."
Jane Goodall, Harvest for Hope
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 11 Reading Room: Previous Topic MaryJane's Magazine 'reading club' Next Topic  
Previous Page
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page