farmmommy
True Blue Farmgirl

500 Posts

Kelley
Texas
USA
500 Posts

Posted - Jan 14 2009 :  05:42:54 AM  Show Profile
I have soooo many morning glory seeds if any one is interested....Scarlet O'hara, heavenly Blue. Star of Yelta, Crimson Rambler, and the rest are mixed colors, light pinks, milky way..etc...they are my own seeds off my own vines, grown organically !!!.I have always tried hard to keep them separate, but I do have a bag full of mixed!....Kelley

LivingWell4You
True Blue Farmgirl

1411 Posts

Karen
Hillsboro MO
USA
1411 Posts

Posted - Jan 14 2009 :  05:52:01 AM  Show Profile  Send LivingWell4You a Yahoo! Message
Kelley, I would love some of the mixed. We used to have them in our field and I'd so love to get some started around a stump we have alongside the road. Thank you so much! E-mailing you now.

God bless -
Karen ~ Chickherder & Maven's Haven Editor
Farmgirl Sister #311
Go to Top of Page

dkelewae
True Blue Farmgirl

1310 Posts

Diana
Saint Peters MO
USA
1310 Posts

Posted - Jan 14 2009 :  07:35:26 AM  Show Profile
I'd love some seeds also! I emailed you :)

Diana
Farmgirl Sister #272
St. Peters MO
Country Girl trapped in the city!

http://farmgirldreams.blogspot.com/
Go to Top of Page

Tin Lizzie
True Blue Farmgirl

91 Posts

Tx
USA
91 Posts

Posted - Jan 15 2009 :  06:27:47 AM  Show Profile
kelley...we just built a new house and am trying to decide what to plant where. we have a blank slate and although we have acreage here have just about an acre I want to landscape eventually. where do morning glories like to grow? I mostly had texas perennials at my other place(oh, how I hated to leave them) and shrub roses and so must start all over again. I never tried morning glories though.
Go to Top of Page

country roads
True Blue Farmgirl

443 Posts

Melissa
Shinglehouse Pa
USA
443 Posts

Posted - Jan 15 2009 :  09:24:55 AM  Show Profile
Kelley, If you have any more of the mixed seeds I would love to have some. We built a garage for my husband last year and I could plant the morning glories so they'll climb up the side of it. It would be so pretty! Plus they would draw in the honey bees, fuzzy bumblebees and hummingbirds.

Take care, Melissa.

Farmgirl # 352

~Think happy thoughts~
Go to Top of Page

farmmommy
True Blue Farmgirl

500 Posts

Kelley
Texas
USA
500 Posts

Posted - Jan 15 2009 :  09:27:30 AM  Show Profile
Hey darlene, we just moved, I had to leave my roses, Irises, daylilies, assorted herbs, but I did bring my hostas, all 25 of them....just couldn't leave them....now, if they just survive, also brought 2 clematis and some elphant ears and banana trees, plus all of my house plants. It's kinda sad, because we went from owning, to leasing.....house back in OK STILL hasn't sold!!! And I can't live without planting, planting, PLANTING!!!!!!!...lol....So, now I'll just have to do as much as I can in containers....anyhow....back to morning glories.....mine did GREAT wherever I put them....but to enjoy there blooms for a good portion of the day, instead of just in the morning, plant some in fully shade!!! All of my "full shade" vines lasted MUCH longer than my "full sun" vines, probably has something to do with the SCORCHING summers we have!! Basically, you can plant them anywhere! I'm glad that the soil is so much better here in this part of Texas than it was in Oklahoma...we had the rockiest, solid clay soil that you ever did see!!....And there are alot of different varietis of MG to choose from.....I just love them....I'm quite the fan, can u tell?...lol....Kelley
Go to Top of Page

Tin Lizzie
True Blue Farmgirl

91 Posts

Tx
USA
91 Posts

Posted - Jan 15 2009 :  3:29:16 PM  Show Profile
yes I can,lol. where we lived before we had no shade...out in the middle of a field basically...at least we have some shade here and I am looking forward to being able to plant a few different things. I had to leave my day lillies too...had several different kinds. I don't think I have any all shade here but have a couple of places that will get morning only sun. I am planning a butterfly garden...an herb garden..I want to try my hand at growing lavender...will have to make a trip to the antique rose emporium in brenham and also to chamblee's in tyler to get some old fashioned shrub roses....oh I can't wait.
Go to Top of Page

Amie C.
True Blue Farmgirl

2099 Posts

Finger Lakes Region NY
2099 Posts

Posted - Jan 16 2009 :  05:23:29 AM  Show Profile
Kelley, I would love some seeds. Do you want anything in return? I'll send you my address.
Go to Top of Page

farmmommy
True Blue Farmgirl

500 Posts

Kelley
Texas
USA
500 Posts

Posted - Jan 16 2009 :  09:12:08 AM  Show Profile
Hey ya'll.......I think I'll wait to mail the seeds until the 24th if that is ok with ya'll, that way i have another week to see if anyone else wants some, then hopefully won't have to make so many trips to the post office...thanks kelley
Go to Top of Page

Cindy Lee
True Blue Farmgirl

510 Posts

Cindy
Sparks Nevada
USA
510 Posts

Posted - Jan 16 2009 :  7:42:06 PM  Show Profile
Kelley.....I just emailed you, I would really like some seeds and am willing to trade you. Let me know! Cindy

If life gives you scraps, make quilts!
Go to Top of Page

ruralfarmgirl
True Blue Farmgirl

4309 Posts

Rene'
Prosser WA
USA
4309 Posts

Posted - Jan 24 2009 :  7:41:49 PM  Show Profile  Send ruralfarmgirl a Yahoo! Message
Kelly do you still have more seed? I will email you!

Rene~Prosser Farmgirl #185
http://farmchicksfarm.blogspot.com/

Circumstances made us FRIENDS; MaryJane's has made us SISTERS :)
Go to Top of Page

farmmommy
True Blue Farmgirl

500 Posts

Kelley
Texas
USA
500 Posts

Posted - Jan 26 2009 :  4:46:46 PM  Show Profile
Ok....all ya'lls seeds went out in the mail this am!!! Hope ya'll enjoy! kelley
Go to Top of Page

dkelewae
True Blue Farmgirl

1310 Posts

Diana
Saint Peters MO
USA
1310 Posts

Posted - Jan 29 2009 :  2:31:22 PM  Show Profile
Kelley-I received my seeds safely in the mail today. Thanks so much!

Diana
Farmgirl Sister #272
St. Peters MO
Country Girl trapped in the city!

http://farmgirldreams.blogspot.com/
Go to Top of Page

DearMildred
True Blue Farmgirl

223 Posts

Amanda
Tulsa OK
USA
223 Posts

Posted - Jan 29 2009 :  6:20:05 PM  Show Profile
Got my seeds today Kelly! THANK YOU! :D

~~~Amanda in OK~~~

I made an airplane out of stone. I always did like staying home. -Shel Silverstein
Go to Top of Page

LivingWell4You
True Blue Farmgirl

1411 Posts

Karen
Hillsboro MO
USA
1411 Posts

Posted - Jan 29 2009 :  6:38:21 PM  Show Profile  Send LivingWell4You a Yahoo! Message
They're here, safe and sound. Thanks so much, Kelly!

God bless -
Karen ~ Chickherder & KMW (Keeper of Maven Words)
Farmgirl Sister #311

"To own a little bit of ground, to scratch it with a hoe, to plant seeds and watch the renewal of life - this is the commonest delight of the race, the most satisfactory thing a man can do." Charles Dudley Warner
Go to Top of Page

Cindy Lee
True Blue Farmgirl

510 Posts

Cindy
Sparks Nevada
USA
510 Posts

Posted - Jan 29 2009 :  7:53:57 PM  Show Profile
Kelley.....They are here and thank you sooooo much! You are sweet!
Go to Top of Page

country roads
True Blue Farmgirl

443 Posts

Melissa
Shinglehouse Pa
USA
443 Posts

Posted - Jan 29 2009 :  9:26:06 PM  Show Profile
Kelley,
My seeds were waiting for me when I got home from work tonight. Thank you so much, you
are wonderful!

Take care, Melissa.

Farmgirl # 352

~Think happy thoughts~
Go to Top of Page

Beverley
True Blue Farmgirl

2707 Posts

Beverley
atlanta Michigan
USA
2707 Posts

Posted - Feb 02 2009 :  2:20:15 PM  Show Profile
I just wanted to say thank you so much for my seeds too and they got here just fine. thanks again. beverley

Folks will know how large your soul is by the way you treat a dog....Charles F. Doran
beverley baggett Beverley with an extra E...
http://bevsdoggies.googlepages.com/
Go to Top of Page
  Garden Gate: Previous Topic More Morning Glory Seeds!! Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page