Save Password        REGISTER
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 General Chat Forum
 Across the Fence
 on-line petition to save Simply Quilts
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Across the Fence: Previous Topic on-line petition to save Simply Quilts Next Topic  

dakota
Farmgirl in Training

16 Posts

Cindy
Stephen MN
16 Posts

Posted - Dec 30 2005 :  2:38:13 PM  Show Profile
Well there is some talk about canceling the show simply quilts .I dont know about you but I love this show .Well there is a online petition up I signed and there is something like 8000 sigs .so if you would love to help please go to http://www.petitionspot.com/petitions/simplyquilts
Thanks girls , Cindy

westernhorse51
True Blue Farmgirl

1681 Posts

michele
farmingdale n.j.
USA
1681 Posts

Posted - Jan 01 2006 :  3:49:39 PM  Show Profile
Hi Cindy, I do hope it helps. I love the shoe also. Michele

she selects wool and flax and works with eager hands Prov.31:13
Go to Top of Page

cajungal
True Blue Farmgirl

2349 Posts

Catherine Farmgirl Sister #76
Houston Area Texas
2349 Posts

Posted - Jan 02 2006 :  05:31:57 AM  Show Profile
Good Morning Cindy,
I'm always blown away by the show's guests that use fabric in a way that the quilt looks like a photograph. I love all the little shortcuts that are given, too. Thanks for letting us know about the petition!

Blessings
Catherine

One of the best compliments from one of my daughters: "Moma, you smell good...like dirt."
Go to Top of Page

therusticcottage
True Blue Farmgirl

4439 Posts

Kay
Vancouver WA
USA
4439 Posts

Posted - Jan 02 2006 :  09:56:41 AM  Show Profile
I watch this show almost every morning on HGTV. Seems like HGTV is getting rid of their old standbys for newer "more hip" decorating shows. First Carol Duvall and now Simply Quilts. I used to love all the gardening programs too but they're few and far between. I'll sign the petition.

http://rusticcottage.blogspot.com/
Go to Top of Page

Mari-dahlia
True Blue Farmgirl

269 Posts

Marianne
Hoosick Falls New York
USA
269 Posts

Posted - Jan 02 2006 :  10:24:05 AM  Show Profile
I agree and I don't even quilt but like the show. Rebecca's garden has been just awful. Her show replaced the really great gardening show out of CAnada. She does'nt even have enough shows not to replay a rerun every month. Why do they have her on? I have written them frequently to put on more and more gardening shows with a little depth and they just seem to iqnore me. I have never even gotten a letter back. I have returned to PBS for my gardening shows, but it is hard to figure out when they are on.
Go to Top of Page

quilt8305
True Blue Farmgirl

409 Posts

Mary
Spokane WA
USA
409 Posts

Posted - Apr 10 2006 :  07:24:59 AM  Show Profile
Well, it's true.............In my latest issue of Quilter's Newsletter the editor's have verified that at the end of 2006 Simply Quilts will no longer be aired. Production of new shows has already ceased. To me, this is the best quilting show on television and I would hate to see it stop.

Here are the addresses for phoning or e-mailing if you do not want the show to end. If everyone on this forum were to fire off a quick e-mail they would be overwhelmed and it might make a difference.

HGTV Viewer Services: 865-694-7879; webmaster@hgtv.com

A direct contact form can be found online at:
www.hgtv.com/hgtv/about_us/text/0,1783,HGTV_3080_4964,00.html

You may also contact the parent company E.W. Scripps at 513-977-3000; corpcomm@scripps.com

Mary

Peace cannot be kept by force. It can only be achieved by understanding. Albert Einstein
Go to Top of Page
  Across the Fence: Previous Topic on-line petition to save Simply Quilts Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page