Save Password        REGISTER
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 General Chat Forum
 **MaryJanesFarm Products & Merchandise
 Feb March Issue is AWESOME!!
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author **MaryJanesFarm Products & Merchandise: Previous Topic Feb March Issue is AWESOME!! Next Topic  

MotherLodeBeth
True Blue Farmgirl

110 Posts

Beth
Calaveras County California
USA
110 Posts

Posted - Jan 12 2009 :  2:51:17 PM  Show Profile  Send MotherLodeBeth an AOL message
Am beside myself, as the Feb-March issue was in todays mail and its all about bees and honey. Am a new beekeeper and love honey and making hand dipped beeswas candles. So when I opened the magazine at the post office and the folks saw the SMILE on my face they had to know what was so special.

As homeschoolers we will use the trivia and illustrations with our homeschooling group. And I so loved the Henry David Thoreau quote about the keeping of bees and sunbeams.

And then to make the magazine even more special she has the embroidery patterns for totes and dishtowels. And the recipes are ready to try this week. I so love cooking/baking with honey.

I use fresh honey on cuts as well.

Now I am off to hang some vinetage quilts as drapes in my cottage.

~MotherLodebeth- I was born in the wrong era~

Aunt Jenny
True Blue Farmgirl

11381 Posts

Jenny
middle of Utah
USA
11381 Posts

Posted - Jan 12 2009 :  4:34:07 PM  Show Profile
I agree....wonderful issue!! I wish I wern't so allergic to bee stings..I would dearly love to be a beekeeper too!

Jenny in Utah
Proud Farmgirl sister #24
Inside me there is a skinny woman crying to get out...but I can usually shut her up with cookies
http://www.auntjennysworld.blogspot.com/ visit my little online shop at www.auntjenny.etsy.com
Go to Top of Page

Alee
True Blue Farmgirl

22937 Posts

Alee
Worland Wy
USA
22937 Posts

Posted - Jan 12 2009 :  6:42:26 PM  Show Profile  Send Alee a Yahoo! Message
OOO! I can't wait for my issues to come!! :D

Alee
Farmgirl Sister #8
www.awarmheart.com
Please come visit Nora and me on our blog: www.farmgirlalee.blogspot.com
Put your pin on the farmgirl map! www.farmgirlmap.blogspot.com
Go to Top of Page

Nicie
True Blue Farmgirl

185 Posts

Denise
Lincoln NE
USA
185 Posts

Posted - Jan 12 2009 :  6:44:40 PM  Show Profile
Is the magazine available at like Barnes and Noble? I haven't been able to find it or is it by subscription only.
Go to Top of Page

Betty J.
True Blue Farmgirl

1403 Posts

Betty
Pasco WA
USA
1403 Posts

Posted - Jan 12 2009 :  7:04:55 PM  Show Profile
Nicie, the magazine is usually available at BN, unless it is already sold out and they will be able to tell you.

Betty in Pasco
who has been through and through the magazine several times.
Go to Top of Page

lacisne88
True Blue Farmgirl

1181 Posts

Chelsey
Lake Stevens Washington
USA
1181 Posts

Posted - Jan 12 2009 :  8:38:00 PM  Show Profile
Lol! Jenny I read your post and I totally agree! I read the new issue and it made me want to be a bee keeper and have a colony of my own. Unfortunately, I am also allergic to bee stings and use an epi pen if I get stung! Ouch!

Chelsey
Farmgirl Sister #283

http://farmgirlpleasures.blogspot.com/

http://aminiatureworld.blogspot.com/
Go to Top of Page

sewgirlie
True Blue Farmgirl

1894 Posts

Sheryl-lyn
Calverton NY
USA
1894 Posts

Posted - Jan 13 2009 :  7:07:48 PM  Show Profile
My grandparents were beekeepers. I am thinking of doing one hive this year. Would love to add that to the things I "grow" on my own here. The magazine is so lovely as usual.

My quilting and life blog!!
http://downtoearthliving.blogspot.com/
Go to Top of Page

Choctaw Farm Gal
Farmgirl in Training

46 Posts

Nancy
Oklahoma
46 Posts

Posted - Jan 14 2009 :  06:09:52 AM  Show Profile
I'm still savoring the new Simply Bee issue - Thank you, Mary, our Queen Bee, for creating your wonderful magazine! Every page is so beautiful & full of valuable information & inspiration.

*For my very first large scale quilt, Mama asked which pattern I wanted to use, and I chose the hexagon. It's still a favorite!
Go to Top of Page

carolbrigid
True Blue Farmgirl

263 Posts

Carol
Glen Burnie Maryland
USA
263 Posts

Posted - Jan 14 2009 :  12:37:01 PM  Show Profile  Send carolbrigid a Yahoo! Message
I am just waiting with baited breath for my issue to arrive...... I LOVE LOVE LOVE bees, not their stings, mind you, LOL, but anything to do with bees. I buy things knowing it will help to save the bees, I have things in my home with bees on them, have bee jewelry, etc., etc., so I can't wait to receive my issue. Thank you, Mary Jane!! It's the best magazine out there!

Farmgirl Hugs,
Carol

Farmgirl Sister #222
Member, Crafty Bay Farmgirl Chapter
Go to Top of Page

MotherLodeBeth
True Blue Farmgirl

110 Posts

Beth
USA
110 Posts

Posted - Jan 14 2009 :  1:55:15 PM  Show Profile  Send MotherLodeBeth an AOL message
Since I am a honey addict <G> I loved the suggestion in the magazine of using a cinnamon stick as a honey wand. I love honey pots and my favorite local honey's are orange, lemon and lavander. Tasted some awesome honey when we were in Montana, and South Dakota. I really think people dont know what a treat their local honey can be. And when I make Baklava, which requires honey, I use a different honey each time, and people think I has some exotic secret. Like when you can use honey in a recipe, and you use orange honey one time or wildflower honey the next, it does make for a special treat and taste.

Go to Top of Page

carolbrigid
True Blue Farmgirl

263 Posts

Carol
Glen Burnie Maryland
USA
263 Posts

Posted - Jan 21 2009 :  07:05:06 AM  Show Profile  Send carolbrigid a Yahoo! Message
Okay. It's January 21st and I still haven't received the new issue. I usually get mine when they are first sent out. Are you all still receiving yours??

Farmgirl Hugs,
Carol

Farmgirl Sister #222
Member, Crafty Bay Farmgirl Chapter
Go to Top of Page

cinnamongirl
True Blue Farmgirl

1682 Posts

Carrie

Canada
1682 Posts

Posted - Jan 23 2009 :  7:09:02 PM  Show Profile
Nope not here! I think they are coming pony express
Go to Top of Page

rabbithorns
True Blue Farmgirl

544 Posts

Allison
Fort Scott KS
USA
544 Posts

Posted - Jan 24 2009 :  5:12:12 PM  Show Profile
I can't wait to see it. Mine's not here either.

http://www.rabbithorns.etsy.com & www.wayofthewife.blogspot.com
Go to Top of Page

mama2lots
Farmgirl at Heart

9 Posts

Christina
Valley Center CA
USA
9 Posts

Posted - Jan 27 2009 :  3:14:49 PM  Show Profile
Does anyone have a suggestion for where I can buy a copy locally? I live in San Diego County. I've called several Barnes and Noble stores near me, Borders Books, lots of Farm/Feed type stores and can't find it anywhere. I just subscribed, but my subscription starts with the Apr/May issue. I'd really like a copy of the current magazine but I can't find it.

Please help!
Go to Top of Page

MotherLodeBeth
True Blue Farmgirl

110 Posts

Beth
USA
110 Posts

Posted - Jan 27 2009 :  4:33:59 PM  Show Profile  Send MotherLodeBeth an AOL message
quote:
Originally posted by mama2lots

Does anyone have a suggestion for where I can buy a copy locally? I live in San Diego County. I've called several Barnes and Noble stores near me, Borders Books, lots of Farm/Feed type stores and can't find it anywhere. I just subscribed, but my subscription starts with the Apr/May issue. I'd really like a copy of the current magazine but I can't find it.

Please help!

I am in northern California and I know Longs Drugs, Walmart, Raleys/NobHill/Bel Air grocers carry the magazine.

Go to Top of Page

chessie
True Blue Farmgirl

403 Posts

Karen
Vista CA
USA
403 Posts

Posted - Jan 27 2009 :  4:36:12 PM  Show Profile
Christina, Still looking? If so, I have copies of the new issue plus some back issues for sale! email me...Karen

www.edgehillherbfarm.com "where the name is bigger than the farm, but no one seems to mind"
blog http://edgehillherbfarmer.spaces.live.com/default.aspx?wa=wsignin1.0
happy farmgirl #89
Go to Top of Page

mama2lots
Farmgirl at Heart

9 Posts

Christina
Valley Center CA
USA
9 Posts

Posted - Jan 28 2009 :  07:28:35 AM  Show Profile
Karen, You are near me geographically (I'm in Valley Center). Where do you buy the magazine?

Beth, Thank you. I will check Longs Drugs and Walmart. We don't have the grocers you mentioned here.

Chrsitina

Edited by - mama2lots on Jan 28 2009 11:30:35 AM
Go to Top of Page

Ingrid
True Blue Farmgirl

432 Posts

Ingrid
BC
Canada
432 Posts

Posted - Jan 28 2009 :  08:51:48 AM  Show Profile
The Feb/Mar issue is fabulous. Making me think about starting a hive. Am going to do more research for my area.
Go to Top of Page

chessie
True Blue Farmgirl

403 Posts

Karen
Vista CA
USA
403 Posts

Posted - Jan 28 2009 :  11:27:57 AM  Show Profile
CHristina, I have a little business and I sell the magazine now, but before I became a vendor of the magazine I got it at Jimbo's in Encinitas and Barnes and Noble in Del MAr.

www.edgehillherbfarm.com "where the name is bigger than the farm, but no one seems to mind"
happy farmgirl #89
Go to Top of Page

chessie
True Blue Farmgirl

403 Posts

Karen
Vista CA
USA
403 Posts

Posted - Feb 01 2009 :  7:56:01 PM  Show Profile
Oh yeah, and at Borders in Carlsbad...by the Jimbo's that I previously said was in Encinitas but is really in Carlsbad.

happy farmgirl #89
Go to Top of Page

Firemama
True Blue Farmgirl

1731 Posts

Amanda
Medical Lake WA
USA
1731 Posts

Posted - Feb 01 2009 :  8:27:24 PM  Show Profile  Send Firemama a Yahoo! Message
Beth I'm not trying to hijack your thread, but I wanted to say HI!! I have family up in your hills, San Adreas and Mountain Ranch.. Small world

Mama to 2
FarmGirl# 20

People can only make you feel inferior with your permission, and you dont have my permission......

Dont let the chain of love end with you.....

http://myfarmdreams.blogspot.com/

Go to Top of Page
  **MaryJanesFarm Products & Merchandise: Previous Topic Feb March Issue is AWESOME!! Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page